Anybody else play more XBLA games than new ones?

#1 Posted by eugenesaxe (199 posts) -

I'm sure price has something to do with it, I can always find a better use for 50-60 bucks (or even 20 for used games). Maybe I'm just a geezer stricken with nostalgia. I still prefer playing the classics, even updated versions, than 99% of the stuff that's coming out nowadays.

#2 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

You mean play more arcade games than retail games?....I use to but not anymore.

#3 Posted by HatKing (5935 posts) -

Most of the time when I buy a XBLA game I play it for a few hours right after downloading it, then forget about it forever.

#4 Posted by big_jon (5725 posts) -

I'd say it is pretty even over all, but maybe not, I still think I play more Retail games.

#5 Posted by TobyD81 (1227 posts) -

I've bought and abandoned a lot of XBLA games, but I could say the same for discs. But I could call a few XBLA games out as some of the best experiences I've had on the system, and I've considered a few as my games of the year. Shadow Complex, Limbo, Braid, Super Meat Boy, Castle Crashers, Pac Man CEDX...amazing stuff. That goes for PSN games too; Super Stardust HD, Trash Panic, and most of the PixelJunk games are great, and as balls-out-crazy as it was, Noby Noby Boy had some interesting things going on.

#6 Posted by EmuLeader (558 posts) -

I think they can provide an awesome experience, but it just doesn't seem to last. That's expected due to the price, but that is why I still go for full retail games. Especially big multiplayer ones I can enjoy with friends for months and months later and still have the servers be populated. Me and my friends still play Halo: Reach once a week and have no trouble finding games. In most arcade games, mainly multiplayer, after the first month nobody is plaything it anymore and it's impossible to find games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.