Anyone here still have a LAUNCH day system?

• 73 results
#51 Posted by Donkeycow (552 posts) -

I have a launch day wii.... I got my Xbox 4 years ago and have never had an issue.

#52 Posted by Panpipe (471 posts) -

Currently on my third.

My launch xbox red-ringed after a couple of years, but was covered when MS added time on to the warranty. Second Xbox was stolen from my house in London.

Only ever paid for the first one so I'm okay with it all.

#53 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

Not even close. Got an Elite, though a first run of it.

#54 Posted by Cloneslayer (1607 posts) -

My launch console broke less than a year ago. That thing was a survivor, but I'm glad to have my S now.

#55 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -

I do. Launch day Pro. 20 GB HDD and no HDMI port. Never had to send it in once.

#56 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Hell no.

#57 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -

I still do. Only thing I had to replace was the faceplate that I broke trying to take it off.

#58 Posted by Willtron (238 posts) -

@Napalm: Research? O_o It's the easiest thing in the world. Buy transfer cable, hook it up to your old hard drive. Transfer stuff over. Transfer over to new system. Hell, just Youtube it.

#59 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3667 posts) -

Had my for 3 years since 06, got a refurb that last a 3 months bought an arcade its still going.

#60 Posted by FengShuiGod (1470 posts) -

Replacing 360s got so expensive for me that I gave up and bought a PC. If I had just done that from the get go it would've been cheaper.

#61 Edited by Ducksworth (656 posts) -

Launch day Wii, no problems. I was also about to get a launch day DS but ended up grabbing a PS2 Slim instead and it launched a few weeks before...so I guess that sort of counts? While I'm on the subject of the PS2 slim, does anyone happen to know if it's possible to tighten the disc tray lid? It doesn't close properly so the hardware thinks the tray is still open and I have to place a weight on top of the system. I guess worst case scenario I can do a visual mod of the console that places a bit more weight on top.

#62 Posted by WMWA (1159 posts) -

PS2, PS3 and PSP. Sony is built to last, I'd nothing else

#63 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

I don't have a launch day system, but I have one from 2007 that is still going even though its disc drive has turned to shit and takes a few attempts to read discs now.

#64 Posted by Cramsy (1160 posts) -

Sure do :) (it has been repaired a few times though. I keep getting the same console back)

#65 Posted by PresidentOfJellybeans (283 posts) -

My launch 360 and a few others died long ago. My current one (has the jasper motherboard I believe) is going on 2 years soon. Pretty good compared to the others I've had. Having said that though, I fully expect it to RROD tomorrow.

#66 Posted by CaptainDickface (20 posts) -

@Napalm said:

I've been looking at upgrading, but I need to do more research on how to transfer everything, and how to get everything set up.

USB drive. 16GB stick ought to hold everything on your hard drive for transfer to a new Xbox.

#67 Posted by nickb64 (214 posts) -

I could have had a launch timeframe PS3 if my parents hadn't returned it when I didn't use it during the school year because I didn't really haveany games anyway. I had the 60GB model I think.

#68 Posted by LiquidPrince (15628 posts) -

@TobbRobb said:

I've yet to break a console. That includes a launch day Ps2 and launch 360, they have both worked perfectly since I got them.

It's not you breaking a console... It's the console dying.

#69 Posted by TobbRobb (4417 posts) -

@LiquidPrince: Well, even if it died naturally, I'd still feel responsible.

Call it whatever you want.

#70 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -

I have one the original release 120gb elite models. The disc drive is broke and the controller died but I still play XBLA games on it

#71 Edited by mariokart64fan (366 posts) -

lol nope -mine died in 6 months , and had 9 others do the exact same thing or other problem , had to repair one at least 7 times and 2 re buys , -totaling 9 ,

but since the last repair all 3 phat consoles work and --my slim works to ,

i still have my n64 wii ps3 60 gig and ps3 slim from launch everything else i either sold once or never owned at launch or they just broke ,

and the only handheld i have from launch is a dslite 3ds vita gba gbasp gbmicro and gbc i had to replace ds and psp multiple times especally the later

#72 Posted by SeanFoster (838 posts) -

My launch day system died a couple of weeks ago. Just long enough to finish the Mass Effect trilogy.

#73 Posted by MoseSSesoM (235 posts) -

Had to sell mine in 09 cause 20 GB just wasn't cutting it anymore.

#74 Posted by Cold_Blooded_Chiller (41 posts) -

I have had 3 Playstation 2's. The first one was getting disc read errors after 2-3 months. The second one lasted at least a year before it developed the same problem. The third one, is the slim model, and it's my backup for when the 2nd one eventually goes fully kaput.

My launch day 360 lasted me 2.5 years. My 2nd one, lasted 6 months, and has been refurbished and is still working. I bought a 150watter to replace that one, and that is still going strong, although it is currently packed away now that I used the Star Wars model.

I have a DS Phat, a DS Lite, a DS Lite XL and an Aqua 3DS. NONE of those have malfunction - except the hinge on the phat broke when it fell onto carpet.

My softmod Wii (Mario Kart+Wheel bundle version) is still going strong.

DO NOT ask me about PC's, but let me just say I have had rough times with ASUS products (mostly their optical drives fail, a motherboard blew on me taking most of my system with it, and a gfx card blew).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.