Anyone know why Doom is new on XBLA?

#1 Posted by nemt (862 posts) -

It came out in 2006 (I think). Did they update it or something? Discount it big time?

#2 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Is it Doom 2, or some Doom 1 and 2 pack, or Final Doom or something? Cause yeah, that's been out for years.

#3 Posted by Trace (3556 posts) -

There was a while where, due to a licensing rights kerfuffle, Doom was pulled from the Xbox Live marketplace. In the last week, that was all sorted out and it's been re-added.

#4 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

@PsEG said:

There was a while where, due to a licensing rights kerfuffle, Doom was pulled from the Xbox Live marketplace. In the last week, that was all sorted out and it's been re-added.

Yup. It was pulled when Zenimax bought id Software. I'm guessing that the Activision logos have all been changed to Bethesda logos now.

#5 Posted by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

Also, it is officially out in Germany now.

#6 Posted by 1337W422102 (1011 posts) -

Rip and Tear, fellas.

#7 Posted by big_jon (5728 posts) -

I thought it came out in 1992?

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@big_jon said:

I thought it was 93.

#9 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@big_jon said:

I thought it was 93.

GEE, IF ONLY THERE WERE SOME WEBSITE WHERE SUCH INFORMATION COULD BE FOUND!

Obviously I am referring to Ask Jeeves. He said that he was far too busy to answer the question because Wooster was about to be engaged to a young controlling women. I responded that it must be Tuesday.

Um...anyway, it was '93.

#10 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

i was browsing the demos and noticed that the vanquish demo is "new" again now. wtf

#11 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Doom came out on my birthday (years later).

Whenever I see the thumbnails on my games list, I get annoyed at how the Bethesda logo is slapped on the Doom 2 logo and just how ugly it looks.

#12 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

@PsEG said:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.