Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidiot

I have to ask: Where are they?

While everyone goes ga ga over the concept of paying $20 for Sonic 2006, the Xbox avatar marketplace was my point of interest with this new update.
    More specifically the Xbox Live Avatar Awards, which as of writing, I still see none

Does anyone know what's the deal with not even having an award to try out with your newly launched online update?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Lukeweizer

They're not retro active. No games have them yet. Splosion Man is supposed to have an update soonish to include them.

DRE7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DRE7777

Yeah, I was just about to say i thought Splosion man had some, but i got almost all the achievments and havent gotten any awards. I just think its kind of strange that they didnt put out the the update with the awards at the same time that they were updating everything else.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By iam3green

i think microsoft didn't make it so u can unlock them yet. i think the other update will have it. i heard that there is going to be another update soon that will have the netflix update to make it so u can download the movies through the 360 instead of going on the computer.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Palantas

It sucks ass there won't be retroactive ones.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Im willing to bet this feature wont be used very often. As a developer if you can give away a piece of clothing or make $3 off of it which are you going to chose?

spaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spaded

ummm yeah, well is up to the developer to create these awards so if you had an old game, you have to have to go back make it and update teh game, until Microsoft encourage people to make them, i doubt we will see it at all really, 

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @PeasForFees said:
    " @JeffGoldblum said:
    " Im willing to bet this feature wont be used very often. As a developer if you can give away a piece of clothing or make $3 off of it which are you going to chose? "
    this "
    The profit on these things has to be crazy too. It probably takes some 3D artist about a few hours to make a piece of clothing.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By WinterSnowblind

They can't be retroactive, because developers would have to go back and patch their old games to add them in.. patching isn't free as it costs them bandwidth, and how many are going to do this when they can just sell the costumes?

Hopefully we'll see them in a lot of newer games, but I wouldn't expect any older ones to get them.

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Alphazero
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    "The profit on these things has to be crazy too. It probably takes some 3D artist about a few hours to make a piece of clothing. "
    It probably takes more time than you think. Some of those props have some pretty involved animations attached to them.

Still, $5 for Clone Trooper armor? No thanks.
    superfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By superfoot
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    "Im willing to bet this feature wont be used very often. As a developer if you can give away a piece of clothing or make $3 off of it which are you going to chose? "

All depends on the property really. 
    They would never give away much Star Wars, Halo or anyother big franchise when they know they can sell the game and the extra stuff too. 
    But a game that not such a sure seller might be prepared to have huge wardrobes of unlockable clothes.  
    A relatively inexpensive way to add some extra value to your product just like the whole achievement system.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By clubsandwich
    @superfoot said:
    " @JeffGoldblum said:
    "Im willing to bet this feature wont be used very often. As a developer if you can give away a piece of clothing or make $3 off of it which are you going to chose? "
    All depends on the property really. They would never give away much Star Wars, Halo or anyother big franchise when they know they can sell the game and the extra stuff too. But a game that not such a sure seller might be prepared to have huge wardrobes of unlockable clothes.  A relatively inexpensive way to add some extra value to your product just like the whole achievement system. "
    my thoughts exactly
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks

A few hours, more like an hour at the most, 3D modeling tools are quick and easy to use these days.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kermoosh

the awards are gonna come out in games that are released during and after august 25th i think

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By themartyr

If The Sims ever made it's way onto 360, it would be a pretty good candidate for them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.