Backward Compatible Games That You Wish Would Have Happened

#1 Edited by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -

I was really hoping that Morrowind and Beyond Good And Evil would have made it to the list.

#2 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

conquer

#3 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

There aren't that many games that AREN'T compatible, in fact I have yet to find a game that didn't work, and I have a LOT of PS2 games.

#4 Posted by Lombax (105 posts) -
#5 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

SNK vs Capcom.

#6 Posted by mac512k (148 posts) -

Midnight Club Dub Edition 

#7 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -
Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"I was really hoping that Morrowind and Beyond Good And Evil would have made it to the list.
"

Morrowind works on my 360 :O
#8 Posted by igpx407 (75 posts) -

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

#9 Posted by mac512k (148 posts) -
igpx407 said:
"The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
"
I recently watched the Riddick Trilogy and thought DAMN I want to play that game :) 
#10 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 2.

#11 Posted by Lombax (105 posts) -
mac512k said:
"igpx407 said:
"The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
"
I recently watched the Riddick Trilogy and thought DAMN I want to play that game :) "
last i checked its 4.99 @ EB. its a solid game and look amazing considering it was from the previous gen. 
#12 Posted by quiquexbs (21 posts) -

Mgs2 also

#13 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
Lombax said:
"
"
Agreed.
#14 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -
OblivionGuy07 said:
"Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"I was really hoping that Morrowind and Beyond Good And Evil would have made it to the list.
"

Morrowind works on my 360 :O"
My mistake, Morrowind is backward compatible. Maybe I should read up on this stuff more before posting next time... I still stand behind Beyond Good and Evil though.
#15 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

All of them are finally there but they should improve the performance on a few games like KOTOR.

#16 Posted by mjwickstrom1 (186 posts) -

Sounds weird, but I'm a NASCAR fan, so I would've like to see NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup, but also Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition.

#17 Posted by Za3r0 (100 posts) -

Midnight Club 2. I found DUB not as good as 2. imo

#18 Posted by nobull6 (238 posts) -

I want Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath!

#19 Posted by Brickz187 (6 posts) -

MGS2!! I want to play the game again, but dont want to have to hook up my regular xbox

#20 Posted by GiantBomber (345 posts) -

Is "Doom 3: Ressurection of evil" compatible yet? I was waiting on that one for ages.

#21 Posted by Mistyshadow (255 posts) -

Rallisport Challenge 2 and Midtown Madness 3

#22 Posted by Zeppelin (2 posts) -

mgs2 substance is one glaring exemption to the list. i recently played through it again on ps2. it was an excellent game that didn't do to well on the xbox for some reason.

#23 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

I would love to have MGS2 too

#24 Posted by normajean777 (450 posts) -

well on the xbox360 i wish they would have the yugioh game on it i never got to play it on the original xbox and now i want to so bad

#25 Posted by elliooo (293 posts) -

Really it would have been good to see all the Xbox Original games backwards compatible, makes your games library retain some use in its age.

#26 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

DOOM 3 and Advent Rising. DOOM 3 needs no explaining, I didn't play it before and I would buy if it were made an XBO or made backwards compatible. Advent Rising.. I know, I've read the reviews, I realize it sucked, but when it first came out I just wanted to get a hodl of it. I loved the idea and I regret not having the experiance. Plz Microsoft please pimp my compatibility

#27 Posted by Quint (127 posts) -

Otogi: Myth of Demons, Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Beyond Good & Evil and The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Starbreeze are remaking this in their new engine though and it's going to have 6 hours+ added on to the end).

#28 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (733 posts) -
Lombax said:
"
"
Agreed 100%
#29 Posted by nat (217 posts) -

capcom vs snk... or any really good 2d fighter.

#30 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -
Sentry said:
"There aren't that many games that AREN'T compatible, in fact I have yet to find a game that didn't work, and I have a LOT of PS2 games.
"
This is a Xbox Forum Partner. Move along.
#31 Posted by Strife88 (225 posts) -

Jet Set Radio Future

#32 Posted by Quint (127 posts) -
Strife88 said:
"Jet Set Radio Future"
Also this.
#33 Posted by PeZ (108 posts) -

Otogi 2 :(

#34 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

Rallisport Challenge 2

The best rally game ever made! I'm suprised we haven't seen it because that was ultimately a Microsoft thing. DiCE did it I'm pretty sure. Just amazing. Since it probably won't make the jump over maybe that's better. After seeing Forza run on my 360, it could just turn out bad. Still, that's the one game I always hope for.

They did a pretty good job overall. Hard to think of anything more then obscure stuff.

#35 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Lombax said:
"
"
Another agree.
#36 Posted by Wolverine (4269 posts) -

Most of the xbox games I care about are on the back compat list and if there was an old xbox game I wanted to play I would just play it on my xbox.

#37 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

Doom 3 would be an excellent addition to the backwards compatibility list.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.