Best 800 point XBLA games

#1 Posted by masternater27 (915 posts) -

I have 920 points leftover, what should I get? Here's my list of XBLA games:

Shadow Complex, Pacman CE, Splosion Man, TMNT: Turtles in time (ugh), Bionic Commando Rearmed, Geometry Wars 2, Limbo, Costume Quest, Comic Jumper, Space Invaders IG, Beyond G&E, Rez HD, Castlevania SOTN, NBA JAM OFE, Scott Pilgrim.

Thanks!

#2 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

I'd say Guardian Heroes. You'll have a blast if you have friends to play with.

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4673 posts) -

Braid is the answer you are looking for.

#4 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

if you've never played SOTN then you should get it like now right now

#5 Posted by Tacoboy1986 (143 posts) -

You can't go wrong with Splosion Man, Castlevania, or Beyond Good&Evil.

#6 Edited by MetalBaofu (1343 posts) -

@phrali: @Tacoboy1986: Unless I'm misunderstanding something he already has all of those. He said that was his list of XBLA games, not a list of ones he was considering.

@masternater27: Braid, as already mentioned is good. I also enjoyed the Misadventures of PB Winterbottom. If I have to try and recommend one though, I think I will go with Half-Minute Hero. I loved playing that game so much.

Edit: Also, since you say you have 920 points, you should use another 80 of them to buy the indie game Miner Dig Deep. It's one of my favorite things I've played on XBLA and it's just 1 dollar...best dollar I've ever spent.

#7 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

@metalhead87: yeah i so stupid

#8 Posted by Tacoboy1986 (143 posts) -

@metalhead87: Oops. Sorry about that, guess I misinterpreted the list. I guess you can't go wrong with Alien Hominid. I also Highly recommend Super Meat Boy. Its 1200 points. Gamestop sold cards that had SMB for ten bucks. I'm not sure if they still do, but definitely check it out. Also Miner Dig Deep is incredibly addicting.

#9 Posted by piropeople13 (399 posts) -

costume quest

#10 Posted by masternater27 (915 posts) -

Yes, to clarify that is the list of games I currently have. I'll check out Miner Dig Deep for sure.

#11 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

I second SOTN, amazing game.....but since you already have it I would recommend Mega Man 9.

#12 Edited by TerryWogan (9 posts) -

Omega V is a great shmup, definitely worth a squirt.

#13 Edited by louiedog (2333 posts) -

If you can wait a couple of weeks the Black Friday sale should be good. Last year there were three games for 160 msp and a bunch of others for 400. Some very good stuff was included in that.

#14 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

Scott Pilgrim is 400 points this week if you have Gold. Worth every damn penny of that.

#15 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2283 posts) -

Bangai-O! Missile Fury, Snoopy Flying Ace, Perfect Dark, Doom 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Dishwasher: Vampire Smile, Earthworm Jim HD, Guardian Heroes...

Those are some of my personal favorites that you don't have on your list. Otherwise you could also buy a crapload of good indie games.

#16 Posted by w00ties (186 posts) -

Invest a tiny bit more for Super Meat Boy, perhaps? It's the perfect blend of extremely frustrating and wonderfully satisfying.

#17 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Just buy Pac Man. You won't regret it.

#18 Edited by TobbRobb (4554 posts) -

I'd put down some more money and get either Super Meat Boy or Ikaruga. Braid and Castle Crashers are both awesome and you can't really go wrong with Pac-Man.

#19 Posted by minotaka (320 posts) -

I like me some of the Dishwasher games

#20 Posted by Entreri10 (124 posts) -

I'd say maybe Outland, or Warhammer 40,000 Kill Team.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.