bf3 commo rose

#1 Posted by pancakeface (3 posts) -

i heard the commo rose or the squad command menu might not be in the console versions of the game, is any one worried about this or is it not really a big deal? thoughts

#2 Edited by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I don't think it's going to be in any version of the game. All there is is the communication key, which is context sensitive, same as BFBC2

#3 Posted by RyanDavisFatGut (4 posts) -

Not a huge deal

#4 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Pinworm45 said:

I don't think it's going to be in any version of the game. All there is is the communication key, which is context sensitive, same as BFBC2

PC version will have the commo rose.

#5 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Dude, the PC crowds of GiantBomb barely care about anything in the game, so no, don't expect a single console player here to even know what a Commo Rose is 
And that's exactly why you're not getting it. 80% of the BF3 customers will be console players who only know of Bad Company 2, they don't realize the game is missing great features and they don't care. They just want the hype and the action, which is allowing DICE to leave out at least 10 standard BF multiplayer features, since all people want is the flashy single player and a powerful UMP and nice graphics.

Not to mention this pathetic new-found sentiment of "It's not there? That means I should look for pseudo excuses of why it sucks and be happy that it's not there". Hell, the game doesn't show YOUR PING anymore, and these positive clowns went "Who needs to see their ping anyway? If you're on a server from your area and the game runs good, thats all you need" 

@CL60 said:

@Pinworm45 said:

Not on launch
#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: So? It's still going to be in the game.

#7 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Dude, the PC crowds of GiantBomb barely care about anything in the game, so no, don't expect a single console player here to even know what a Commo Rose is
And that's exactly why you're not getting it. 80% of the BF3 customers will be console players who only know of Bad Company 2, they don't realize the game is missing great features and they don't care. They just want the hype and the action, which is allowing DICE to leave out at least 10 standard BF multiplayer features, since all people want is the flashy single player and a powerful UMP and nice graphics.

Not to mention this pathetic new-found sentiment of "It's not there? That means I should look for pseudo excuses of why it sucks and be happy that it's not there". Hell, the game doesn't show YOUR PING anymore, and these positive clowns went "Who needs to see their ping anyway? If you're on a server from your area and the game runs good, thats all you need"

@CL60 said:

@Pinworm45 said:

Not on launch

needs to show my ping!

#8 Posted by awe_stuck (800 posts) -

its implied, not verified? im talkin about twitter..

in console itd make more sense to have it through the select button and dpad. a simplified version would work. doubt console will have it

#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@CL60 said:

@AhmadMetallic: So? It's still going to be in the game.

Uh-huh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.