Can a resturcture recharge 360 sales?

#1 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -

The current 20gb 360 is now priced at 300 dollars and is sure to spark atleast some sales for this month. However, once those are gone, MS will then again go to its original price of 350 for the 60gb 360.  while this model is indeed a better deal, I jsut cant see it making any impact at 350. NPDs are starting to reflect that the 360 has pretty much sold all the consoles its gonna sell at 350, adn they need to hit the 250 or 300 mark for good, not for a limited time.  360 has been outsold by PS3 the first two months of this year, and the previous two month (May and June) with the JUNE numbers showing PS3 outselling 360 almsot 2 to 1 for the month. do you really see the 60gb at 350 sparking a sales surge?

#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I don't expect an improvement in sales but I still recommend the 360 as the console of choice to my customers.

#3 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -

I think its really up to the user. teh decding factor is going to be Exclusives because you can get the Multiplat titles on either console.

#4 Posted by TheH1ppo (63 posts) -

If Sony vamps up the PS3 a bit I'm actually worried that the superior tech and blu-ray player along with sony being more loose with DLC (warhawk, UT3 DLC) will make my 360 obsolete and 3rd parties will focus on the ps3 more. the moment I can I'll buy a PS3.

#5 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -

I actually have been having this dumb mentallity as of late that the 360 is dated techa dn that if I get a Multiplat game on 360, then it may not look as good as the PS3 version. it kinda turns me off to the syestem. i dont think there any truth to it though.

#6 Posted by Gaius (129 posts) -

This will not spark an increase in sales.  Sales will rise with the limited 300 dollar price tag, however, as soon as that bumps back up to $350 sales are going to plummet down to where they were.

#7 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

You never know. MS has a way of restructuring there style and gaining popularity.

#8 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -

Im really not a fan of the new Dashboard. I think it makes the console look TOO casual.

#9 Posted by voghan (43 posts) -

They need a price cut across all three models to improve sales.    I think they will drop the price in November to be more competitive with the Wii.  I think the 20GB price cut will not make much of a difference because they have probably already stopped shipping those to stores.

#10 Posted by Wolverine (4276 posts) -

Microsoft should have got rid of the Arcade and put the 20 gb at 300.

#11 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

Nope, most likely the 360 reputation will never recover but it does provide lessons for the next generation console.

#12 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

I think the sales will increase a little, but not a dramatic increase.

#13 Posted by APOLLOCJD (1 posts) -

Your definitively right that the 360 has sold all that it is most likely to sell at the 350 price range. I think Microsoft really needs to take into consideration a good sized price drop (50-100 dollars) of all 3 of their models for the holiday if they want to boast strong hardware sales. Will they do it? Probably not, my guess is they are holding a big drop for when Sony tightens the gap in hardware sales which will most likely happen sometime next year.

#14 Posted by voghan (43 posts) -
Wolverine said:
"

Microsoft should have got rid of the Arcade and put the 20 gb at 300.

"

Yep, that would have been the smartest thing to do. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.