Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Can you buy Xbox live games when you are silver?

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By EightBitShik

My mom bought an Xbox 360 for like $15.00 even though the last game she played (which happened to be the only game she has played and happened to beat it with me) was Turtles in Time for the Snes. I let her borrow the only two games I have that I thought she would be able to play and enjoy, "Lego's Batmna/Indiana".

I had a thought though, maybe she will like Plants Vs Zombies and the Pac man: Championship. I know they have hard copies for PvZ but I'd rather just do it at her house. Son of a bitch this whole post is almost invalid because she is the only person in America who doesn't have internet....I guess I could take her box to my house and connect it and download the games for her...ok so the question stands!

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Vexxan

Yes, you can buy games without having a gold account, that's how I roll :)

Owlhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Owlhead

Indeed you can sir.

Now go, go and buy every games, for it is your destiny Young Silver Shik

Godspeed

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sambambo

Yeah you can. Making it otherwise would make no business sense.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By EightBitShik

@Owlhead: Lol, I am only buying my Mom two games with points I got as a gift from a friend. Before I lost my job I bought over 120 XBL games but I have gold :P

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By SerHulse

@EightBitShik: I pretty sure (though I may be wrong) that if you are silver you can only buy XBLA a week or 2 after release

I know this applies to demos, whether it applies to everything I don't know

Though this provision won't really effect you.

Cky4890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cky4890

Yeah you can buy anything on silver just got trine 2 on the week it came out

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By mscupcakes

You can buy anything, but the Deals of the Week discounts only apply to Gold members.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mariokart64fan

you can buy anything , except netflix ,

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

Some things come out for Gold only for a few weeks, and then Silver can download it.

But yes, Silver accounts can pay for and download almost everything in the Marketplace. Just make sure to remind her that she (generally) can't play anything online multiplayer.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By TheHBK

No, if you can't afford to pay for Xbox Live, you can't afford to buy games online.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@TheHBK said:

No, if you can't afford to pay for Xbox Live, you can't afford to buy games online.

Some people can afford to pay it but choose not to.. because it's such a massive rip off, or you know, just don't want to play online.

Sorry, but I don't know why you'd pay to do something that's free on every other platform. And no, it's not a vastly better system that justifies the price.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheHBK

@WinterSnowblind: Cross game chat. I can be online chatting with my friends while we all play different games, that for me is worth the 50 bucks I pay. Maybe you don't have friends are too poor so I understand that it will not be worth it to everyone.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By sickVisionz

Golden rule that answers any question about XBL Silver: The answer is yes if the question can be reduced down to, "will MS let me give them my money?"

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@TheHBK said:

@WinterSnowblind: Cross game chat. I can be online chatting with my friends while we all play different games, that for me is worth the 50 bucks I pay. Maybe you don't have friends are too poor so I understand that it will not be worth it to everyone.

And you honestly think that's worth $50 a year? The PS3 will have it implemented before long, or at the very least will be a feature on the PS4. How are you going to defend it then?

Also, I do most of my gaming on the PC and simply chat to my friends through Skype or the Steam client. You know, for free? And it cuts out the majority of XBL users, who nobody really wants to associate with.. You're doing a good job of illustrating that for us.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By benpack

Microsoft will gladly sell you their games.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheHBK

@WinterSnowblind: Go look it up, the PS3 can't do it at all. This gen, it is not gonna happen. Maybe I will switch to PS4 if they do it get right, but not now. And what the hell do the other XBL users have anything to do with this? I already said I do cross game chat with my friends. party chat. So I don't hear anyone but my friends. Are you retarded or something? I don't around telling everyone they are stupid for paying for XBL and that I am so awesome because I am the only person who uses Steam. Rookie.

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@TheHBK: I was defending someone from your insults of "having no friends" or "not being able to afford it" something.

I'm simply saying there are reasons for not paying for XBL beyond those. If you think it's worth the money, enjoy yourself.. but you're clearly insecure enough about it that you have to insult anyone who disagrees.

Or you're just a hypocrite, which ever.

c0kemusheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By c0kemusheen

@WinterSnowblind: So anybody who pays for xbox live is getting ripped off, or is insecure? I pay for the service and I'm very happy with it, I'll never understand how people can generalize 66 million xbox users as "people who nobody wants to associate with". Come off your high horse buddy, it's a game system with an optional online component, that people can pay for if they so choose to. No need to insult people over it...

WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@c0kemusheen: I was referring to the above poster with those statements, not XBL users in general. Perhaps you should read more than just my last post.

Though I still don't see how anyone could consider it a good deal, since it provides basic features that are available for free on every other platform. When XBL first launched, it was way ahead of everything and the fee made sense.. Nowadays it only exists because people are still willing to pay it. As soon as Gold subs drop significantly, XBL will be a free service, guaranteed.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By FreakAche

@TheHBK: You don't need Gold for cross game chat. You only need it for group chat.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Marcsman

@FreakAche said:

@TheHBK: You don't need Gold for cross game chat. You only need it for group chat.

I believe that's check and mate. Ha ha ha

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheHBK

@Marcsman said:

@FreakAche said:

I believe that's check and mate. Ha ha ha

Yes, chat with friends, plural, party chat, you need Xbox Live Gold... which is something I am glad to have when my friends are all playing different games. I guess if I just had one friend you'd have a point.

c0kemusheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By c0kemusheen

@WinterSnowblind: I did read you're previous posts, all of which were condescending and rude :-) have a nice day

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.