Changing xbox Account from privite to open?

#1 Posted by turner (33 posts) -

ideas anyone?

I have already gone into my online saftey setting on xbox.com and changed everthing to open yet it still tells me

"Your Xbox Live account is flagged as private. Please change this on Xbox Live's web site."

Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

Flagged?

#3 Posted by turner (33 posts) -

@iDarktread said:

Flagged?

???

#4 Posted by Pageboy (62 posts) -
@turner: Never seen a private or open setting anywhere. Maybe it just takes time to update?
#5 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@turner said:

"Your Xbox Live account is flagged as private. Please change this on Xbox Live's web site."

???
#6 Posted by turner (33 posts) -

yes i know its flagged.. That's why im trying to figure out how to unflag it lol :D

#7 Posted by dylanmg (1 posts) -

the same thing happen to me

#8 Posted by Chiefslapaho (32 posts) -

Me tooooo, I think maybe its just something with the site because i don't remember changing anything on xbox live-izzle.

#9 Posted by mr187uk (127 posts) -
Me too
#10 Posted by mr187uk (127 posts) -
@turner: I had this issue. I just removed my live details, then entered them again and it worked fine.
#11 Posted by Barf_Surprise (48 posts) -

Perhaps it has something to do with the setting you have for people joining your party or game. It maybe where you change the notification of someone on you friends list coming online. Not in front of my Xbox right now hope that helps

#12 Edited by animathias (1170 posts) -

I had this same issue. What I did was go to Xbox.com and go to the "Online Safety" settings after clicking my name. From there, I turned "Profile Sharing" and "Game History" to everyone (they were on Friends Only for me) and Giant Bomb found my stuff immediately upon refresh.

Hope that helps! It can also be changed on the Xbox itself, but I don't know the sequence of events off the top of my head.

Edit: Although going to my page now, it's shown as private again. =/ I'm gonna try what mr187uk suggested and just reload my profile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.