Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

COD 4 Scratch

qbert56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By qbert56

Hey guys, I got a small scratch on my COD4 disc for the 360. It's like 1 MM wide and like 3 MM long in the middle of the disc. The plastic bit in the center. Can this do any MAJOR damage to the xbox, when I play it, it makes some weird noises (like tick, tick, tick) but it runs perfectly, i just dont want to play it and then something happens inside the 360. Anyone know if this can cause a huge problem? 
    Thanks

MetalR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By MetalR

Install the game to the Hard Drive?

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMustacheHero

It makes your Xbox set off like a nuke! 

Jokes.

It shouldn't effect anything except maybe make your disc not read, the ticking may be a problem with your 360 not your disc..does it tick with other discs in?

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @dcpc10 said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " It makes your Xbox set off like a nuke! "
    Nope that's when you put in a cracked fallout 3 disc instead. "
    I believe there were nukes in COD4 also my good sir.
    qbert56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By qbert56

lol guys, no its just cod 4 bcs it has a scratch, and i tried to install to the HDD and at 50% it says disc cannot be read, but it reads fine during the game :S

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iam3green

i would say install it so ur disc doesn't spin. i don't think it will cause any problems with ur 360. i had a scratch with my cod 4 a while ago. it cost me $30 to get it repaired/ send me a new game. it was kind of worth it in the end. they sent me game of the year edition of the game. i already had it. it cost $10 for map pack so it cost just about the same thing.

qbert56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By qbert56

The problem is that i cant install it to my HDD, bcs at 50% it says disc cannot read, but when i play, nothing happens, should i keep on playing on the disc while letting that ticking noise play, or should i buy another cod4?

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By nukesniper

I've never had a disk hurt my X360, and I have had some shitty looking disks.  

I recommend trying to find a place near you that has a disk buffer if you really are concerned. A place here in the Minneapolis area charges a lowly two bucks and makes my disks look fantastic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.