Comcast and HBO Go Apps?

#1 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

So whatever happened to the Comcast and HBO Go apps for 360? Have these deals fallen through or something?

#2 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Yeah, what the fuck? Are they ever coming? I bought a remote in anticipation of Comcast, since I thought they said it was coming as soon as 2012 came. But it's the end of February, and we haven't heard shit about it since last year.

#3 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU:

I have a feeling no one actually knows. I also have a feeling Microsoft is hoping people will forget that the apps were supposed to come out. Have you noticed that the 'coming soon' section (that was made up primarily with Comcast and HBO Go) has been removed from the app store? That looks like a bad sign to me.

#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

Just an update. According to gameinformer the HBO Go app is coming to Xbox April 1. The Comcast app would likely come soon thereafter but there is no official word yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.