Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Corrupt Xbox Live Moderator?

• 193 results
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072

this video has been making the rounds over the internet. According to the person who posted this video, he was a victim of a Power crazed XBL moderator. Personally i do think the Mod comes off as a dick in the video but its heavily edited and you really cant draw a good  conclusion  weather or not the banns he hands out are valid or not. Watch and judge for your self. 

macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By macandcheese

Yeah I cant really tell if he did anything to deserve it since the vid has been editied but a microsoft employee should not be talking like that. Pretty unacceptable if you ask me.
    Also that dude just sounds like a douche, personally I would call microsoft support and send them a couple of messages bitching about the guy.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

I didn't know there was such a thing as XBL moderators. 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

A mod with too much of an I-dick. It makes me glad i don't play over xbox live.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Jadeskye
    @MAN_FLANNEL: There are but they usually stay behind desks looking at graphs of player actions. this doesn't seem quite right.
    Jerusahat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jerusahat

Stepto (the XBL director of policy and enforcement) has mentioned before that they actively police games by playing them. It's not out of the ordinary.

He said something about justin.tv, which makes me think the guy making the video probably streamed himself breaking the TOS before (I'm guessing exploits of some kind), and got busted for it.

At any rate, he's not corrupt. You can't harass people, trash talk or exploit bugs, it's in the TOS. Hopping into an average CoD game is going to net you at least one of those.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It's hard to tell exactly what's gone on in this video with all the editing and everything but I'm not actually seeing any proof that this is a corrupt mod.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By get2sammyb

Well if this is real he's not going to be a mod for much longer is he? If legit, that dude's in big trouble.

I mean fair enough moderating right, but can't he do it without keeping his mouth shut?

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mano521

that is pretty ridiculous. although you arent allowed to trash talk or exploit or harass people, its pretty obvious they have to take some leniency because that is what happens on COD every second. he just seems to get a hard-on for banning people for minor offences, if for any offence at all

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By grilledcheez

The kid sounds like a dick and he probably deserved what he got.  I notice he cuts out footage when his children friends start screaming too...blames it on his capture card haha.

Dirty_Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dirty_Harry

I think he is just dealing with some assholes who show him no respect.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SamStrife

I know a dude who got banned by a corrupt PSHome mod.  I couldn't help but piss myself at the story.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Dirty_Harry said:

" I think he is just dealing with some assholes who show him no respect. "

But he's not showing the players any respect in return.

Anyway, this is why I never wear a headset in online games and I'm SO happy Sony decided not to package one with their console.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Reminds me of Giant Bomb.....

Just kidding.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mano521
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " Reminds me of Giant Bomb.....  Just kidding. "
    BANBANBANBAN
    Dirty_Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dirty_Harry
    @get2sammyb said:
    " @Dirty_Harry said:

But he's not showing the players any respect in return. Anyway, this is why I never wear a headset in online games and I'm SO happy Sony decided not to package one with their console. "
    Well, the video is edited so i don't really know. It just sounds like they are asking for more when he cuts the video.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By End_Boss

I think the mod refers to some incident on "JustinTV," by which I assume he's referring to the video streaming site, so there's probably an underlying cause here. Regardless, JustinTV isn't directly associated with XBL (as far as I know) and this moderator does seem way too "comfortable" with his role.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @mano521 said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " Reminds me of Giant Bomb.....  Just kidding. "
    BANBANBANBAN "
    GRAAAAAAAAH!
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Snail

Looks true enough. Guy is a prick.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jackel2072

i do think the Mod was acting unprofessional. in his comments of you cant touch me and send it to Jesus for all i care. However. Like we have all said so far, this video has been edited to be extremely one sided.  For all we know the player was glitching or poring the trash talk on a little to thick. It will be interesting to see if this makes its way into the gaming press.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Dirty_Harry said:

" @get2sammyb said:

" @Dirty_Harry said:

But he's not showing the players any respect in return. Anyway, this is why I never wear a headset in online games and I'm SO happy Sony decided not to package one with their console. "
    Well, the video is edited so i don't really know. It just sounds like they are asking for more when he cuts the video. "
    I'm sure that probably is the case, but even if it is, I think a Microsoft employee (which I assume he is) should not be representing his employer quite like that. And I'm certain if this is legit Microsoft will want a word.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Andorski

Before more people comment after just watching the video, I would suggest that everyone looks at TheProSuck's Youtube channel.  He has videos showing off his mods as well as descriptions telling people that he has mods to give/sell to others.

Here is one of TheProSuck's videos with the description:

Have You Been Looking To Complete All Challenges? On Perks? Guns? Get All Camouflages? Well Here Is Your Chance! We Are Now Able To Do This Mod Thanks To Jester! This Is A JTAG Mod Like All The Others . . Subscribe ! I Will Be Hosting This Next Week And Picking Out Subscribers To Send An Invite 2 ! - UnScRiiPTeD

Judging by the way the OP's video is convienently editted, it looks almost certain that the guy was using mods (and probably trash talking too).  As a paying member of Xbox Live Gold... I think this is awesome.  It's great to see moderators playing games and banning people who are cheating.  Hell, I wouldn't even mind if this moderator handed out bans for people just trash talking.  The filth on XBL can make even the most grateful kids complete assholes.

If you see this Xbox moderator, The Pro, give him a interweb high-five.  I know I will.
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jackel2072
    @get2sammyb said:
    " @Dirty_Harry said:

" @get2sammyb said:

" @Dirty_Harry said:

Well, the video is edited so i don't really know. It just sounds like they are asking for more when he cuts the video. "
    I'm sure that probably is the case, but even if it is, I think a Microsoft employee (which I assume he is) should not be representing his employer quite like that. And I'm certain if this is legit Microsoft will want a word. "
    yeah i went to his profile on xbox.com. it says he's a member of the NXT Launch Team.
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " I didn't know there was such a thing as XBL moderators.  "
    Yeah same.
    Dirty_Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dirty_Harry
    @get2sammyb said:

" @Dirty_Harry said:

" @get2sammyb said:

" @Dirty_Harry said:

I'm sure that probably is the case, but even if it is, I think a Microsoft employee (which I assume he is) should not be representing his employer quite like that. And I'm certain if this is legit Microsoft will want a word. "
    True. Yeah watched the second video posted here, that guy has no reason to be pissed.
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jackel2072
    @Andorski said:

" Before more people comment after just watching the video, I would suggest that everyone looks at TheProSuck's Youtube channel.  He has videos showing off his mods as well as descriptions telling people that he has mods to give/sell to others.

Here is one of TheProSuck's videos with the description:

Have You Been Looking To Complete All Challenges? On Perks? Guns? Get All Camouflages? Well Here Is Your Chance! We Are Now Able To Do This Mod Thanks To Jester! This Is A JTAG Mod Like All The Others . . Subscribe ! I Will Be Hosting This Next Week And Picking Out Subscribers To Send An Invite 2 ! - UnScRiiPTeD

Judging by the way the OP's video is convienently editted, it looks almost certain that the guy was using mods (and probably trash talking too).  As a paying member of Xbox Live Gold... I think this is awesome.  It's great to see moderators playing games and banning people who are cheating.  Hell, I wouldn't even mind if this moderator handed out bans for people just trash talking.  The filth on XBL can make even the most grateful kids complete assholes.

If you see this Xbox moderator, The Pro, give him a interweb high-five.  I know I will. "
    well that answers that question!
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By warxsnake

The moderator is the one doing most of the trash-talking in this video  

This video is exactly why ive always been scared of online closed-platform consoles. 

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NoXious
    @Jackel2072:
    Wow nice find, I hadn't even searched his channel yet but the video of the Mod is cut up a lot.
    Smells fishy with all the editing that went on in it.
    Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Torrim

The guy makes the mistake of putting himself out there and being kind of a dick.  I don't really think he's all that corrupt, but his job could be in jeopardy because you don't talk that way to your customers.  I'm sure technically he's correct in people violating the Terms of Service, but then again he's not a civil police officer, he's dealing with paying customers.  Being a jerk like that is pretty uncalled for.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Andorski
    @warxsnake said:
    " The moderator is the one doing most of the trash-talking in this video   This video is exactly why ive always been scared of online closed-platform consoles.  "
    His threatening remarks about doling out perma-bans might have been too much - considering that he is an actual paid Microsoft employee - but at the end of the day this guy is banning cheaters who sound like douchebags.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @get2sammyb said:
    " @Dirty_Harry said:

" @get2sammyb said:

" @Dirty_Harry said:

how is he representing them? is he using every cuss word in the book? talking about their mothers? no hes talking like any of us would infact hes talking quite a few octives then we would he is preforming his job admirably without any fuss or mess hes laying down the law when hes being questioned.

I watched the entire video and heard less out of him in the form of offensive content then I hear every day on xbox live and on this forum, its heavily edited to show the moderator in the worst light and even then its not that bad of a light its certainly far better of a light then most users of xbox live.
    Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Fbomb
    @warxsnake said:
    " The moderator is the one doing most of the trash-talking in this video   This video is exactly why ive always been scared of online closed-platform consoles.  "
    That's because the person who made the video cut out all the other comments. You never hear Lupo, and you never hear what the kid says after he starts in with "Call my mom...". It's a very edited video, and given the people he's banning, it's probably not banning due to trash talking, it's banning due to hacking.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By get2sammyb
    @WilliamRLBaker: His general attitude is not what I'd expect from someone in a position of authority. I'm just saying, no matter what way the video was cut, he should have just banned the people rather than arguing with/possibly provoking them.
    Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Alexander

The video is from people who hack MW2 games. It's been chopped up and edited to paint the picture they want, we don't know the full story, as far as I'm concerned I'm just glad there are people out there dealing with these fuckers.

Callumrides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Callumrides

Like every one else has said it hard to tell if this is legit but either way the xbox moderator has a bad attitude regardless of if him hacking/trash talking

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fbomb
    @CornontheCobbe said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " I didn't know there was such a thing as XBL moderators.  "
    Yeah same. "
    He's probably not a "Moderator". I would assume he's part of the Live team, and part of his role is banning accounts due to complaints or abuses. This video is probably him following up on users having hacked game profiles, which ends in banning.
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By cornbredx

based on the poorly edited video (i find it laughable hes trying to make a case without recording what he says as well) 

Based on this video he deserved it and the mod have every right to say what he did. 
    I work in tech support so all I deal with is idiots and people who like to try to bully you because you cant do nothing about it. As far as I could tell the mod was dealing with a bunch of punks and handled them how they should be handled. 

Theres no proof here that this mod is corrupt, just mad.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @get2sammyb said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker: His general attitude is not what I'd expect from someone in a position of authority. I'm just saying, no matter what way the video was cut, he should have just banned the people rather than arguing with/possibly provoking them. "
    he wasn't arguing with them, he was explaining to them to stop doing stupid shit, and he wasn't provoking them either they were provoking him, no matter his position what they were saying to him he had every right to respond too.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By get2sammyb
    @WilliamRLBaker: In which case I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. :)
    LordDaneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By LordDaneil

The moderator should not have been talking like that at all.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jackel2072
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker: His general attitude is not what I'd expect from someone in a position of authority. I'm just saying, no matter what way the video was cut, he should have just banned the people rather than arguing with/possibly provoking them. "
    he wasn't arguing with them, he was explaining to them to stop doing stupid shit, and he wasn't provoking them either they were provoking him, no matter his position what they were saying to him he had every right to respond too. "
    Yeah but he parades around the fact that he is untouchable and in some words not even Jesus can stop him.  This is the part of the video i dont like. Ban the people for doing stupid shit and move on. Its one thing to take pride in your job its another basically declare your self god of XBL.
    Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Fbomb
    @Jackel2072 said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    he wasn't arguing with them, he was explaining to them to stop doing stupid shit, and he wasn't provoking them either they were provoking him, no matter his position what they were saying to him he had every right to respond too. "
    Yeah but he parades around the fact that he is untouchable and in some words not even Jesus can stop him.  This is the part of the video i dont like. Ban the people for doing stupid shit and move on. Its one thing to take pride in your job its another basically declare your self god of XBL. "
    If he was one of the engineers who created it, then he kind of would be a god of XBL.
    Terry_Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Terry_Bogard
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    I think threatening to prema-ban someones console is pretty provoking... 
    Jerusahat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jerusahat

Major Nelson has responded.

Yes I've seen the video. Yes, I have sent it to @Stepto for review.
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jackel2072
    @Fbomb said:

" @Jackel2072 said:

" @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    Yeah but he parades around the fact that he is untouchable and in some words not even Jesus can stop him.  This is the part of the video i dont like. Ban the people for doing stupid shit and move on. Its one thing to take pride in your job its another basically declare your self god of XBL. "
    If he was one of the engineers who created it, then he kind of would be a god of XBL. "

lol good point, but you know what i mean =p . there is a certain conduct one expects from a person in power. we can argue all day long weather or not its justified. the fact is he did say some pretty cocky things, true he didn’t know he was being recorded but from a firm business point of view this is unacceptable behavior on his part. I’m sure his boss will have a few words with him come Monday.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Terry_Bogard said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    I think threatening to prema-ban someones console is pretty provoking...  "
    and after they said and did what? called into question his sexuality? said his mother was a bitch? told him how he could never stop him from hacking their xboxes? because as it seems theprosuks a xbox hacker said his friend lupe was banned.
    which leads us to likely believe that lupe was hacking his xbox and showing it on justin.tv

the footage is massively edited and in a fight with retards he has every right to say he is god there they can do nothing to harm him hes getting angry in that video and has every right to say what he says.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Jackel2072 said:
    " @Fbomb said:

" @Jackel2072 said:

" @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    If he was one of the engineers who created it, then he kind of would be a god of XBL. "

lol good point, but you know what i mean =p . there is a certain conduct one expects from a person in power. we can argue all day long weather or not its justified. the fact is he did say some pretty cocky things, true he didn’t know he was being recorded but from a firm business point of view this is unacceptable behavior on his part. I’m sure his boss will have a few words with him come Monday.

"
    actually he knew he was being recorded he says it right in the video record what you want, send it to billg@microsoft.com or to jesus they can do nothing to him.
    from the looks of things all these users started tracking him down and entering his games and giving him grief and who knows what they said from that editted video, I don't blame him for saying what he did i applaud him for saying it they deserve what they got.
    HockeyJohnston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HockeyJohnston

People get off so easy on XBL. Gotta prefer the Steam approach that perma-bans you from playing online (with any of your games) if you're found monkeying with exploits. 

That's real money that people lose, so the incentive to play it straight is there at least. If you get your account banned on the 360, you still have all your games and you're a 1 month card away from being back out on the playing field. Until they start regularly blocking machines instead of accounts (which they won't, as MS would prefer you just go out and buy more subscription cards), cheating and that shitty, lawless attitude are going to be big problems for the 360.  

Terry_Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Terry_Bogard
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @Terry_Bogard said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    I think threatening to prema-ban someones console is pretty provoking...  "
    and after they said and did what? called into question his sexuality? said his mother was a bitch? told him how he could never stop him from hacking their xboxes? because as it seems theprosuks a xbox hacker said his friend lupe was banned. which leads us to likely believe that lupe was hacking his xbox and showing it on justin.tv  the footage is massively edited and in a fight with retards he has every right to say he is god there they can do nothing to harm him hes getting angry in that video and has every right to say what he says. "
    I know the dood who posted the video is shifty.... I'm talking about that mods attitude towards everyone else in the game. Threatening everyone because of one hacker (possibly) is just bullshit.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By get2sammyb
    @WilliamRLBaker: Could you imagine a police officer acting in a "greater than thou" manner and getting away with it, regardless of what the offender has done? Likewise, could you imagine a teacher acting in a similar manner with a group of offensive pupils?

You couldn't, because it would be both irresponsible and inappropriate regardless of the situation. No-one is saying the guy was wrong for banning them (though unless we know the full-story we can't be sure); people are just taking issue with his attitude, and no matter how you defend him, I'm almost certain he'll be getting a talking-to from whoever pays his wages at Microsoft.

If he can explain the situation to whoever is responsible then he really has nothing to worry about, does he?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.