Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Dark Souls Games on Demand, Freezes in character menu?!

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anybody else download this? Figured i would try the game out and see if this on demand thing was any good, so far the damn game won't even work.

Tried Deleting cache (both hdd and market place) and re-downloading, twice... still freezes, usually during the character create screen.

So did i just get scammed out of 20 bux or is there a fix? Anybody else get the game this way or am i the only one?

Also, whats up! Guess this is my first post here lol

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

There's always the silver lining that you at least paid in bux as opposed to universal sand dollars.

I don't know what's up with the game. Maybe check the Xbox.com forums.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the response. Yeah i posted this on the xbox forums too, nothing. I wonder if i'm the only person who downloaded this game? Should have just got it at gamestop i guess.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still broken!

Has anybody downloaded this game and had success playing it? cleared cache and re-downloaded about 5 times now. Tried running off a USB and tried deleting the update and running offline. Also deleted any corrupt files, nothing!

Probably about to reach my post limit for the day, but any more suggestions would be appreciated.

SYLAR112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SYLAR112

@oursin_360: Yeah man I downloaded it not too long ago . Same problem but deleting the cache worked for me .

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OurSin_360

Yeah, i don't know what's up now I've since tried a disk version as well and it still crashes at the same section. smh, haven't even gotten to play this game lol

SYLAR112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even with the disk version ?? that is strange . have you tried installing the game ? It is a fantastic play

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OurSin_360

Yeah, tried installing and everything still froze with the disk version at the same point. I dunno, i just know i won't ever risk downloading a game for xbox again, even if it's just the game glitch. People on the xbox forum say to get the console repaired lmao, smh, just wasted money and time like i'm going to take my console in JUST to play 1 game. lol. I'll probably try some other stuff, maybe copy all my saves over and just reformat and try that I don't know.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It really does sound like you need your xbox repaired. I've played Dark Souls (disk version) from start to finish with no problems of freezing. Also I've played several games on demand with no issues.

SYLAR112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SYLAR112

yeah I would agree with above . but is there an issue with other games ??

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OurSin_360

Nope, no problems with any other game. Only game that ever gave me trouble otherwise was Darksiders 2, and that was also game specific only more people had the same problem. Although this is the first on demand game i've bought (and ever will buy). I do have a few arcade and indie games though, and they work fine. Don't see a reason to spend more money to play one game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.