Dashboard avatar

#1 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

Who is actually going to make an avatar when the new dashboard interface is released? A friend of mine told me that it is optional to use. If the info is true, who is going to use it and make an avatar?

I might, but I don't really find it useful outside of a few trivia games MS is going to post on Live.

#2 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

I'll def be using the new avatar scheme. It looks nice and you know it'll be cool to make an avatar like myself.

#3 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

I might use it, hopefully you can customize them more than you can a Mii.

#4 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Already 2 other threads on this exact topic lol, search next time bro.

#5 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

One question that's been getting on me is: will the avatar take up space on the hardrive? If you want to fully customize it, will that take up more space?

#6 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

Out of curiosity, I'm definitely going to check it out...whether I will utilize it, remains to be seen. :D

#7 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I'll be making one if they have my hairstyle (e.g. The Beatles cut). It'll definitely make being in a party with your friends more interactive.

LightYagami245 said:

"One question that's been getting on me is: will the avatar take up space on the hardrive? If you want to fully customize it, will that take up more space?
"

I'm guessing so since clothing will be downloadable as well.
#8 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

Im not, its freakin stupid

#9 Posted by BeeDizz (30 posts) -
MsCortana said:
"Out of curiosity, I'm definitely going to check it out...whether I will utilize it, remains to be seen. :D
"
Same here. I'll try anything once.
#10 Posted by Just_Insane (1080 posts) -

If I can make one badass avatar....why not?

#11 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

I might but they seem a little dull. It depends on what they look like, and the customization options. I'm still showing off my gamerpic that I got for beating Gears on insane, it looks so nice. :P

#12 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

I am:)

#13 Posted by MissileWarriorz (264 posts) -

I might 

#14 Posted by xv0id (61 posts) -

I will, but i want to know about the guest account. Will that have a avatar? or will it just say that your console has guests logged into live.

#15 Posted by Conner (88 posts) -

Yeah I heard it will be optional. I'm going to make one just because I like the idea. And I like using my 360 to the fullest extent.

#16 Posted by heretrix (84 posts) -

It's free. Why the hell not?

#17 Posted by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

I'll be making one, I'll make it look as dumb as possible.

#18 Posted by PixieNinja (172 posts) -

If it's optional, I'll definitely have a play around to see what kind of creation is possible - so far, I've only seen some pretty restricted, cheesy combinations for them on display at the Microsoft conference at this years E3.  Hopefully there'll be plenty more customisation options when it goes live.

If it IS optional, wonder what the story is if you play games that support them?  I suppose there may be a generic replacement for those that opt out?

#19 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
PixieNinja said:
"If it's optional, I'll definitely have a play around to see what kind of creation is possible - so far, I've only seen some pretty restricted, cheesy combinations for them on display at the Microsoft conference at this years E3.  Hopefully there'll be plenty more customization options when it goes live.

If it IS optional, wonder what the story is if you play games that support them?  I suppose there may be a generic replacement for those that opt out?
"
Hopefully there will be, but I keep seeing it as content you'll have to pay for to download.
#20 Posted by Whight_Knight (707 posts) -

I dont think I'll use it ... Don't really like the look of it.360 is turning into a Wii60 as the year goes on ...

#21 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
Whight_Knight said:
"I dont think I'll use it ... Don't really like the look of it.360 is turning into a Wii60 as the year goes on ...
"
While the PS3 is trying to become PS360(just a little).
And the Wii, I have no clue what they want to be.
#22 Posted by y0z1 (34 posts) -

Think i will - if they don't look childish and plastic - like the Mii's.

#23 Posted by LuffyUzumaki (453 posts) -

Only if the clothes are good and if i can make one that dosent look bad

#24 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Only if I can wear a green polo shirt (I hear you can, but it's just a rumour)

#25 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
I_smell said:
"Only if I can wear a green polo shirt (I hear you can, but it's just a rumour)
"
maybe a true rumor? You never know.
#27 Posted by ROWD (129 posts) -

Yes....

#28 Posted by Rowr (5544 posts) -

I will.

Lighten up.

Ive heard talk that unlocking achievements may unlock avatar stuff.

It will be utilised.

#29 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

No harm in trying. Looks intresting enough

#30 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

I will for sh*ts and giggles, I created a Mii, I can create an avy I guess.

#31 Posted by Coolarman (710 posts) -

I will make an avatar but i still think that stealing the MII is kinda of stupid

#32 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

I think the avatars seem cool, I am going to make one.

#33 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

I've always liked avatar systems, so yeah I'll be making one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.