Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Decent deal for an Xbox 360?

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By strangeling
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

Pretty good deal, you are getting at least one good game in that bundle (have not played the other four).

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Red

Sure. Even if you don't like any of the games (although you'll probably like Crackdown or Perfect Dark Zero) you could get some achievements or just ebay them away.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

That's not really much of a deal at all...only saving about $10 (if even that).

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By strangeling

Just $10?  You're saying the three games can be had for less than ten dollars each?

Oh well, I had planned on getting one soon for the standard price without the extra games, so I'm happy with this.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kush

Dark Sector sells for $10 new, Perfect Dark Zero sells for about $8 used and Crackdown sells for about $15 used...so it's not that great of a deal. I would rather buy the console by itself for $300 and then The Orange Box, or Burnout Paradise for $20.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I say go for it. Odds are you won't find a better deal anywhere else. $30 off and with 3 bonus games? Sweet. Crackdown is pretty darn cool. Definitely a neat idea, I can't wait to see them build upon it for the sequel.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that the 60GB 360 is actually only $300 now, so I've had to change my mind. My new verdict is a few posts down.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By strangeling
    Kush said:
    "Dark Sector sells for $10 new, Perfect Dark Zero sells for about $8 used and Crackdown sells for about $15 used...so it's not that great of a deal. I would rather buy the console by itself for $300 and then The Orange Box, or Burnout Paradise for $20."
    I play the Orange Box on PC already, and I'm still not sure I want Burnout Paradise.  I love Burnout 3: Takedown, but I'm not a fan of "open world" racing like Midnight Club 1 & 2.

TheGreatGuero said:
    "I say go for it. Odds are you won't find a better deal anywhere else. $30 off and with 3 bonus games? Sweet. Crackdown is pretty darn cool. Definitely a neat idea, I can't wait to see them build upon it for the sequel."
    $30 off?  I thought the going price for a Pro system is $299.99.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Karmum

You guys know 5 games are included in this bundle, and all of them are valued at least $15 each? Well, maybe not PDZ, but the rest are. How much you could buy them new, I should say. Indiana Jones is in the $45 - $50 range, too. Sounds like a good deal in my opinion? I mean fuck, unless I'm reading this wrong:

• Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console 60GB
  • Lego Indiana Jones : The Original Adventures
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Crackdown
  • Dark Sector
  • Perfect Dark Zero

• Great deal in my opinion, trade in the games you don't want. And yes, 60GB 360 sells for $300.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Dude, you're right. I forgot the 60GB Pro dropped to $300. In that case, I might have to take back what I said. Let's reconsider...
    Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones were being bundled with the console for free. Crackdown goes for like $30 new, PDZ is $20 new, and Dark Sector is $10 new. Considering that Dark Sector isn't supposed to be that good and PDZ is considered to be seriously dated already, maybe it's not such a fine deal after all. Keep looking dude.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kush
    Karmum said:
    "You guys know 5 games are included in this bundle, and all of them are valued at least $15 each? Well, maybe not PDZ, but the rest are. How much you could buy them new, I should say. Indiana Jones is in the $45 - $50 range, too. Sounds like a good deal in my opinion? I mean fuck, unless I'm reading this wrong:"
    Every single Pro bundle comes with Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda...that's not part of this "deal". The 3 extra games aren't that great for the extra $20 and they're not what I would call a "deal".
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince

Not bad.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By strangeling
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "... Considering that Dark Sector isn't supposed to be that good and PDZ is considered to be seriously dated already, maybe it's not such a fine deal after all. Keep looking dude."
    Being "dated" doesn't bother me, as I'm still buying games for my PS2 that I never got around to getting before.
    Just because a game isn't considered that good doesn't mean I won't enjoy it.  For example, Oni is a favorite of mine.  I tend to buy a lot of games that are even remotely interesting to me, if the price is low enough.  I can't really go by what gets good reviews anymore.  I won't know until I've actually played it.  I've GTA III & Vice City, FF VII & VIII & IX & X, MGS 1 & 2 & 3, and haven't been compelled to finish a single one of them, so I don't buy those series anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.