Deleting game history for games that have achievments unlocked.

#1 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Do you want to be able to delete the game history of games on your XBL account in which you have unlocked achievements. It really annoys me when I see a game in which I either don't even own or have only played once and have unlocked only a few achievements. Do any of you feel the same way? 

Discuss.

#2 Posted by Jeff (3667 posts) -

There used to be a weird way to trick the 360 into deleting those games from your profile, but I don't know if it still works. Might be worth looking into if you're serious about cleaning up your completion percentage.

Staff
#3 Posted by mwng (956 posts) -

I would, but I'm not really that fussed if it never happens either. I believe there's a good reason why you can't, but it escapes me.

#4 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -
@Jeff: Really? Is it a a mod or something?
#5 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

Even if you could, Giant Bomb-synced games are for life.

#6 Edited by mwng (956 posts) -

I think it had something to do with playing an original Xbox game on your system, and then when attempting to delete the history of that you could also very quickly delete the history of something else. I think they patched it though, I'm not 100% by any means, so might be best to google it.

#7 Posted by error5305 (275 posts) -

No.  I like seeing what my friends have tried, and I assume you are talking about deleting the points as well so it's funny to see who plays games purely for them.

Also I might forget what I've played and the incomplete/low scores are a way for me to get more motivated to finish or replay an older title.

#8 Posted by schizogony (977 posts) -

But I love seeing my 0/1000 score no matter how many hours I pump into Unreal Tournament III

#9 Posted by drgrumbles (213 posts) -
@Jeff: It doesn't work anymore.  Even using shady tools Xbox servers just replace whatever you try and take off.
#10 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

I wish they'd add the ability to remove any game from your profile, even ones with unlocked achievements. Theres some games I have a low score on, mainly because they suck, and I wish I could erase them from my profile so I can imagine that they never existed.                                                          

#11 Posted by radioactivez0r (866 posts) -

I'm annoyed by the games I only put in to test and had no intention of playing.

#12 Posted by Roger778 (960 posts) -

I deleted the games off of my X-Box, that I sold to Gamestop. However, the achievements are still logged on to my profile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.