Did you have an Xbox before you had an Xbox 360?

#51 Posted by chronicsmoke (999 posts) -

yep

#52 Posted by LuffyUzumaki (453 posts) -

yea

#53 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -

had a ps2 and xbox. Ps3 is garbage so i got a 360

#54 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

Nope.

#55 Posted by HoldSteady828 (165 posts) -

the 360 is my first xbox

#56 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -
Ubergeist said:
"Hell yea, so many good games on XBOX. Fable, Riddick, Halo 2, KOTOR... great console.
"

Ninja Gaiden
#57 Posted by Thunder (390 posts) -

Yea i had Xbox. I always played Halo 2 and now i have a 360 and i play all different kinds of games and im thinking of getting a PS3 and Wii too

#58 Posted by Merforga (262 posts) -

Nope, I never had an Xbox, and I don't have any intention of getting one now that I have a 360 lol.

#59 Posted by switchit (119 posts) -

No. I was a real dirty fanboy back then. But i have since oppended my eyes.

#60 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -

Yep I did.

#61 Posted by Will1Lucky (408 posts) -

Yep, I still prefer that massive controllor to this day. I find Microsofts lack of launching a 360 version disturbing.

#62 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -
Lazlow said:
"Nah last gen I was a huge PS2 fan. This gen however I don't really like the PS3 at all. I have a 360 though and I love it! :D
"
Same here.
#63 Posted by Arestice (468 posts) -

I was a diehard PS2/Gamecube fan. The only games on original box I really liked were Crimson Skies and Fable so I didn't see a reason to get one.

But once the new systems showed up I had to get Wii first, followed by 360.
PS3 just hasn't appealed to me enough yet to buy it.

#64 Posted by MutenMiller (217 posts) -

I actually took the first couple years of that 'generation' off - I'd been playing games pretty solidly since the ZX Spectrum 48k and I needed a break. That said, I did get one about a year into its life, It was actually the first of that generation of consoles I ever bought. I got it for the sega JSRF/Sega GT pack, which was pretty awesome.

#65 Posted by Gyroz1989 (36 posts) -

yes. I had a PS2 for a long time before that.

#66 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I had an Xbox, yes. I think I traded it in but not towards a 360, probably had a gap where PS2 filled between all that. Don't remember. :O

#67 Posted by ReapersPuppy (468 posts) -

I had & xbox before my 360 but it was weird cuz I was addicted to Dreamcast lol =P

#68 Posted by Guild_Master (250 posts) -

yes

#69 Posted by nhlkiller (7 posts) -

yea i loved halo 1 and halo 2 and can't forget about Fable and Ninja Gaiden

#70 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

No, I did not, I was a Nintendo bitch. I can remember still to this day, waking up one morning, going downstairs and glancing at the morning paper, only to see a picture of some Japanese chick holding a 360 (I imagine that was when they announced it at TGS) thats when I thought "I'm buying one of those motherfuckers." 

#71 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

no, I was a PS2 addict

#72 Posted by CB (116 posts) -

I didn't. I played it a few times at a friends house but never owned one.

#73 Posted by mjwickstrom1 (186 posts) -

Yes I did. I usually played NFS and Burnout games on it, mixed in with some Madden and NCAA Football here and there.

#74 Posted by tancred8120 (93 posts) -

No, it never really interested me.

#75 Posted by unclejohnny79 (685 posts) -

no i just played my friends

#76 Posted by DarkArmada (132 posts) -

Yes - both console were awesome (and one still is!) :)

#77 Posted by Couse (68 posts) -

Yeah I had it only for about a year though, then sold it to buy a 360.

#78 Posted by FrozenVX (95 posts) -

I had a Gamecube, then sold that for a PS2, then sold that for an Xbox. I got bored of the Xbox because I didn't have live, and then got my PS2 back. Eventually I ended up with all 3 systems, but I have to say that I liked the Gamecube best last generation. This gen however, I do have Live, and I like the 360 the best.

#79 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

Yeps, i wouldn't class myself as a fanboy though... I love my PC and play games on the ps3 and wii (owned by friends) with no hassles.

#80 Posted by SquidMeister (5 posts) -
Lazlow said:
"Nah last gen I was a huge PS2 fan. This gen however I don't really like the PS3 at all. I have a 360 though and I love it! :D
"
This...
#81 Posted by ElStevo (29 posts) -

Yep, I thought it was amazing. It's still possibly my second favourite console. (after N64). I loved that every new big game pushed it a little harder, it felt like it had so much potential as a console and that the games were using that potential - really pushing the hardware to make a great experience. I don't get that feeling so much these days,

#82 Posted by DappaDizzle (179 posts) -
ElStevo said:
"Yep, I thought it was amazing. It's still possibly my second favourite console. (after N64). I loved that every new big game pushed it a little harder, it felt like it had so much potential as a console and that the games were using that potential - really pushing the hardware to make a great experience. I don't get that feeling so much these days,"
this also but the fact i also had an xbox , but it seems the 360 is the PS2 of this gen
#83 Posted by Cleric (286 posts) -

Yes. I even bought it before the ps2.

#84 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1428 posts) -

Xbox and PS2 and Gamecube

#85 Posted by LuckyWanderDude (929 posts) -

Yes!

#86 Posted by Monopolized (457 posts) -

Lawls no I couldn't fit it through my front door.

#87 Posted by Gorlath (7 posts) -

Oh god. I loved the original Xbox as much as my older brother loved the PS2.

Back then I was addicted to Dynasty Warriors 3, Mechassault, Morrowind, and Halo(I didn't like Halo 2 that much to be honest).
Good times, good times...

#88 Posted by mrhankey (695 posts) -

I did but then sold my xbox and games to buy 3 pcs games....FEAR, COD2, and some other game....Now i have a 360 and a pc

#89 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -
ConfusedSanity said:
"Lawls no I couldn't fit it through my front door.
"
Lolz your a midget
#90 Posted by C2C (861 posts) -

Nope, I had a GC and PS2 though.  It just didn't cater at all to my interests like the 360 does.

#91 Posted by Marnox (328 posts) -

Nope, had a ps2.

#92 Posted by MisterShak (29 posts) -

I had one. Loved it. It was soft modded and everything. Really cool. You could actually do a lot with the the original Xbox if you knew how.

#93 Posted by ArmTheNuke (59 posts) -

My older brother bought one, and basically I only bought two games for it.  Halo and Halo 2.  Never really played the original Xbox for other games.

#94 Posted by xXTharosXx (72 posts) -

got my original xbox and never looked at the gamecube or playstation 2 ever again

#95 Posted by GunslingerK (2 posts) -

Nope, I think my purchase history went...
Nintendo
Sega Genesis
Sega CD (sigh)
Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Xbox 360

#96 Posted by Narciel (10 posts) -

Nope. Had everything but.

#97 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1049 posts) -

I got my 360 right around the time the first KOTOR game came out. Some fucker broke into my place and stole that Xbox, and I didn't get to replace it until damn near the end of it's life cycle. Still, I had some good times with it.

#98 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -
MagusMaleficus said:
"I got my 360 right around the time the first KOTOR game came out. Some fucker broke into my place and stole that Xbox, and I didn't get to replace it until damn near the end of it's life cycle. Still, I had some good times with it."
T_T
Thats truly gay.
#99 Posted by Player1 (3892 posts) -

No, but halo 2 was the primary system seller for me. What a great purchase. 

#100 Posted by birdbrain (61 posts) -

i had a ps1 then a ps2 now i have a psp and ps3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.