Did you have an Xbox before you had an Xbox 360?

#201 Posted by Juicebox (485 posts) -

yeah, a gamecube too before that nothing but nintendo consoles and a dreamcast.

I  HAVE NEVER OWNED AND NEVER WILL BUY A COPYCAT SONY PRODUCT. :)

#202 Posted by SkylarTrace (118 posts) -

Nope and don't even have a 360 I use my brother's at his house instead since I can use it for free.

#203 Posted by Jothel (935 posts) -

Sure did

#204 Posted by chronicsmoke (999 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

I had all 3 systems that gen as well like i do this one.

same here

#205 Posted by Obinice (275 posts) -

My first console was the Xbox 360. I played Halo 2 at a friend's house (badly, as I'd never used a controller), and loved it. When Halo 3 came out, I played through it at a friend's house too, and the next day I decided to get a 360. One of the early ones, got it from Ebay, never broke. Sat next to me now, though I've replaed it with the new 360, as it won't play Reach properly (a bug that affects many older Xbox 360s). I also liked the upgrade from 20GB to 250GB!

Oh, and it doesn't sound like a jet engine any more....XD

#206 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Yes, so I could play Crimson Skies and Knights of the Old Republic.

#207 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

Atari ST ----> Megadrive ----> Mega CD ----> N64 ----> Playstation ----> Dreamcast ----> Gamecube ---> Saturn ----> Xbox 360, so no, but....

i did play alot of Master System, Snes, Xbox and PS2 round friends houses, and iv been playing PC games on and off since about 1998, when Half Life and Grim Fandango came out

#208 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -

sorry xbox was a failbox. how 360 got success was just good timing.

#209 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Yea, I played a lot of Street Fighter 3 online.

#210 Edited by Obinice (275 posts) -

My first "console" was a Spectrum. That's a bit off topic, but there you go XD

#211 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

I didn't own one, but I played an original Xbox console at a friend's house. It was the original Forza Motorsport that got me over to Microsoft's console.

#212 Posted by H4rdc0rr (23 posts) -

I did, got it for Christmas in 2001 with Halo... Spent the next four years playing the crap out of Tom Clancy and BioWare games on it.

#213 Posted by Capum15 (4966 posts) -

Yep. I had a group of people (hazarding a guess, a few were 20-30, and three were over 60 years old) who played Ghost Recon 2 (and various other Ghost Recon games) a rather huge amount. That was very fun.

#214 Posted by RobertOrri (1151 posts) -

Yes.

#215 Posted by solidejake (484 posts) -

I did, I enjoyed the Splinter Cells on it, as well as Halo 2, and the two awesome Oddworld games that were exclusive to the XBox. But for the most part, I did play PS2, but that was a time where I didn't hear too much fanboyism.

#216 Posted by MelodiousSteven (8 posts) -

I got an Xbox at launch and it was my main console last generation--that isn't to say the Gamecube or PS2 didn't get much love for that's far from the case, but they certainly didn't have Halo so they were second to me. Halo 2 was... exceedingly addicting.

#217 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

Nay I say!

#218 Posted by Jrad (624 posts) -

Bought it for KOTOR and BC. Terrible disappointment. I just got a PS2 a few months ago for like $30, though!

#219 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1331 posts) -

Of course, halo 2 on xbox live was awesome. Played alot of Kotor, rainbow six, splinter cell. And I saw someone mention crimson skies, that game was fucking awesome!

#220 Posted by NeoGamer (158 posts) -

Of course not. Pfff.

#221 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Yes I did.

#222 Posted by aldo_q (125 posts) -

Yep, but I pretty much own every console of every generation (the main stream ones, not every obscure one :P) the Xbox quickly became my fav. console. Before I enjoyed Sony's consoles more.

#223 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

I got my original Xbox first week of release. Played it 10 times more then I play any games now.

#224 Posted by Deranged (1856 posts) -

Hell yes I did, Halo 1 all the way.

#225 Posted by Patman99 (1620 posts) -

Yeah I owned an xbox. I've basically have owned every major console since the NES. The only one that I can remember not owning was the Genesis.

#226 Posted by RivenD3ll (82 posts) -

I remember a fuckton of Combat Evolved.

Good times

#227 Posted by Fizzy (384 posts) -

Yup, loved the original Halo. I miss being a little kid :(

#228 Posted by Ryman (31 posts) -

Nothing on the original Xbox really grabbed my attention, so the 360 was my first Microsoft console.

#229 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I did. It was a great console and had a far better online line-up than the 360.

I also had a Gamecube and PS2. Didn't wanna miss out on the gems available on those platforms.

#230 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -

Yeah, and now I have neither.

#231 Posted by DallasTheGamer (154 posts) -

No, last gen I only had a PS2.

#232 Posted by Swoxx (3006 posts) -

I went NES/Amiga to Genesis to PS1/N64 to a long time of PC only gaming, missing the entire PS2, xbox, dreamcast era. Then into console games in 06 again. So nope!

#233 Posted by Solarium (4 posts) -

I did, I loved the first KOTOR game.

#234 Posted by MikkaQ (10335 posts) -

Yeah sold my Gamecube for one when Halo 2 came out.

#235 Posted by benpicko (2012 posts) -

Yes I did. I got it to play Halo, and I got Halo 2 week of release. I'm 15 now, so I was pretty young.

#236 Posted by nickb64 (214 posts) -

Don't have either. I played Halo at my uncle's house, and beat a level of MoH: Rising Sun for him because he couldn't figure it out and I'd played it at a friend's house. Don't have a 360 because we don't have an HDTV still (I know it's crazy in 2011). I briefly had a PS3 before the big price drop, but returned it because I hadn't opened it because I didn't really care. I still have a copy of CoD3 sitting in my room somewhere, and some PS2 games, because I had the model that did hardware emulation or whatever.

#237 Posted by MichaelBach (889 posts) -

No, hated the controller, had a PS2.

#238 Edited by Bribo (608 posts) -

I didn't own one, but I borrowed one from a chum while he was holidaying in foriegn climes for a fortnight (I'm British!)

It was huge, noisy and the joypad was a fucking joke. On my list of favourite consoles, it's just below the Atari Jaguar.

#239 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2287 posts) -

Yes just a few months before I got the 360.I played my friend's Xbox whenever I came around and I knew that the 360 didn't play all Xbox games so I bought a pre-owned from EB Games.

#240 Posted by TerribleStapler (53 posts) -

Yes.

But I've also owned every major system since the Atari 2600. The WiiU will be the first console I'll be skipping I think, unless I end up picking it up sometime afterwards.

#241 Posted by UberGeekyGirl (18 posts) -

Yep. I'm going to try to sell my original xbox at a yard sale this weekend with a bunch of games. Hopefully someone will pick it up.

#242 Posted by big_jon (5775 posts) -

Yes

#243 Posted by Pitta (185 posts) -

Nope. No compelling content. Not a halo fan. Love my 360.

#244 Posted by 71Ranchero (2796 posts) -

yup.

#245 Posted by MikkaQ (10335 posts) -

Yeah traded my gamecube for one when Halo 2 came out. Lotta fun.

#246 Posted by Brendan (8025 posts) -

I can't remember if I replied to this already, but I did have an Xbox before I got my 360. Halo and Amped, best package ever.

You know what, I'm almost certain I've already replied to this thread.

#247 Posted by dirkfunk (175 posts) -

Sure did.

Splinter Cell and KOTOR all day.

#248 Posted by drift_tuned (17 posts) -

naw. had a ps2.

#249 Posted by OtakuGamer (1283 posts) -

Yeah, it was a good console. Halo, Conker and Fable. Good times.

#250 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

Yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.