Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Dirt or Forza 2?

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By dj

Dirt looks pretty cool to me but is it worth getting if I already have Forza 2?

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By RandomHero666

Its a Rally game, which Forza isn't, so yes.
    And its pretty good, but very very different to Forza in every way

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AniMoney

Burnout Paradise

Avatar image for deactivated-6308c1821738f
    deactivated-6308c1821738f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Depends on how much you like rally racing.  Its not a stellar game.  But anyway like the other guy said.  If you haven't played burnout paradise then get it.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pweidman

Yeah, get it if you like rally for sure, but it's not in the same league w/Forza 2 as far as racing games go.  That said though, well worth playing, even w/Travis Pastrana's terrible voice overs, lol.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By kmdrkul

Dirt is more fun to play.  The sense of speed in Forza 2 is crap; driving a Lambo feels like driving a golf cart.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By godzilla_sushi
    kmdrkul said:
    "Dirt is more fun to play.  The sense of speed in Forza 2 is crap; driving a Lambo feels like driving a golf cart."
    This kind of comment bothers me though. That's not entirely the case and also not entirely unintentional.

Keep screen blur out of my racing games, I don't need to be tricked into thinking I'm going fast....it's all about the racing! Those effects would look silly in a real sim.

Dirt is a pretty great game. But, well, Dirt 2 should be out later this year so why not get that! Errrr Forza 3.....this year too.....oh man.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kmdrkul
    Godzilla_Sushi said:
    "kmdrkul said:
    "Dirt is more fun to play.  The sense of speed in Forza 2 is crap; driving a Lambo feels like driving a golf cart."
    This kind of comment bothers me though. That's not entirely the case and also not entirely unintentional. Keep screen blur out of my racing games, I don't need to be tricked into thinking I'm going fast....it's all about the racing! Those effects would look silly in a real sim. Dirt is a pretty great game. But, well, Dirt 2 should be out later this year so why not get that! Errrr Forza 3.....this year too.....oh man."
    Your putting words into my mouth.  You can convey a sense of speed without any sort of effect; hell, even arcade games from a decade ago were able to do that.  I acknowledge that Forza 2 is a racing sim, and maybe they are keeping the focus on racing, but if I were to get in a real life U class car, and I were to be going the speeds I go in Forza 2, I would shit bricks and for sure feel as if I'm about to wipe out (I would by the way, I have driven a Jeep Wrangler exclusively for the past 8 years.)  That is how the racing should feel at higher levels; Forza (and the Gran Turismo games I've played) fail to deliver that.  Even with the aids turned off; sure the difficulty is considerable ramped up but that sense of speed and thrill is still largely missing.  Dirt may not have been very "realistic," but it was "realistic" in the sense that I felt like I was about to careen off a massive cliff every moment of my driving.

As for Dirt 2, it seems like they are really trying their hardest to ruin it.  Just my opinion, though.
    godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By godzilla_sushi
    kmdrkul said:
    "Godzilla_Sushi said:
    "kmdrkul said:
    This kind of comment bothers me though. That's not entirely the case and also not entirely unintentional. Keep screen blur out of my racing games, I don't need to be tricked into thinking I'm going fast....it's all about the racing! Those effects would look silly in a real sim. Dirt is a pretty great game. But, well, Dirt 2 should be out later this year so why not get that! Errrr Forza 3.....this year too.....oh man."
    Your putting words into my mouth.  You can convey a sense of speed without any sort of effect; hell, even arcade games from a decade ago were able to do that.  I acknowledge that Forza 2 is a racing sim, and maybe they are keeping the focus on racing, but if I were to get in a real life U class car, and I were to be going the speeds I go in Forza 2, I would shit bricks and for sure feel as if I'm about to wipe out (I would by the way, I have driven a Jeep Wrangler exclusively for the past 8 years.)  That is how the racing should feel at higher levels; Forza (and the Gran Turismo games I've played) fail to deliver that.  Even with the aids turned off; sure the difficulty is considerable ramped up but that sense of speed and thrill is still largely missing.  Dirt may not have been very "realistic," but it was "realistic" in the sense that I felt like I was about to careen off a massive cliff every moment of my driving.As for Dirt 2, it seems like they are really trying their hardest to ruin it.  Just my opinion, though."
    Yikes! I meant no harm! :)

I get what your saying. Personal preference, I'd rather have a less realistic driving experience in a high end sports car, by way of graphical effects. I think sims benefit from that.

Dirt 2, I never liked rally racing after playing Rallisport Challenge 2 just because I think that did it so perfectly and Colin Mcrae always missed that mark. Dirt disappointed when it came to that. The other types of racing were nice but I don't care either way.

Using the aesthetic of punk rock energy drink Exxxtreme Racing leaves me a little less confident in it.  Your right, it doesn't sound hot.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kmdrkul
    Godzilla_Sushi said:
    "kmdrkul said:
    "Godzilla_Sushi said:
    "kmdrkul said:
    Your putting words into my mouth.  You can convey a sense of speed without any sort of effect; hell, even arcade games from a decade ago were able to do that.  I acknowledge that Forza 2 is a racing sim, and maybe they are keeping the focus on racing, but if I were to get in a real life U class car, and I were to be going the speeds I go in Forza 2, I would shit bricks and for sure feel as if I'm about to wipe out (I would by the way, I have driven a Jeep Wrangler exclusively for the past 8 years.)  That is how the racing should feel at higher levels; Forza (and the Gran Turismo games I've played) fail to deliver that.  Even with the aids turned off; sure the difficulty is considerable ramped up but that sense of speed and thrill is still largely missing.  Dirt may not have been very "realistic," but it was "realistic" in the sense that I felt like I was about to careen off a massive cliff every moment of my driving.As for Dirt 2, it seems like they are really trying their hardest to ruin it.  Just my opinion, though."
    Yikes! I meant no harm! :)I get what your saying. Personal preference, I'd rather have a less realistic driving experience in a high end sports car, by way of graphical effects. I think sims benefit from that.Dirt 2, I never liked rally racing after playing Rallisport Challenge 2 just because I think that did it so perfectly and Colin Mcrae always missed that mark. Dirt disappointed when it came to that. The other types of racing were nice but I don't care either way. Using the aesthetic of punk rock energy drink Exxxtreme Racing leaves me a little less confident in it.  Your right, it doesn't sound hot."
    Sorry, I didn't mean to come off so angry.  Personally the definitive rally game for me was called Richard Burns Rally which I've actually only played once at a friends house, but I was so blown away at how realistic the whole thing felt.
    godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By godzilla_sushi
    kmdrkul said:
    "Godzilla_Sushi said:
    "kmdrkul said:
    "Godzilla_Sushi said:
    "kmdrkul said:
    Yikes! I meant no harm! :)I get what your saying. Personal preference, I'd rather have a less realistic driving experience in a high end sports car, by way of graphical effects. I think sims benefit from that.Dirt 2, I never liked rally racing after playing Rallisport Challenge 2 just because I think that did it so perfectly and Colin Mcrae always missed that mark. Dirt disappointed when it came to that. The other types of racing were nice but I don't care either way. Using the aesthetic of punk rock energy drink Exxxtreme Racing leaves me a little less confident in it.  Your right, it doesn't sound hot."
    Sorry, I didn't mean to come off so angry.  Personally the definitive rally game for me was called Richard Burns Rally which I've actually only played once at a friends house, but I was so blown away at how realistic the whole thing felt."
    I never could get that one here in the US. I always wanted to play it just out of curiosity.

Things sure have changed. Now all I see are under the radar racing games on the 360.
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By gla55jAw

Have you played GRID? I love that game so much. I would recommend it over Dirt if you havn't played it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.