Do you install all of your games to hard drive?

• 59 results
#51 Posted by VibratingDonkey (880 posts) -

Yes. There's always the minimum benefit of the thing being quiet, usually coupled with more of the potential benefits.

Anyone know why Mass Effect 3 is the way it is? Why do I have to swap discs when all the content is on the hard drive? So stupid.

#52 Posted by Armoes (64 posts) -

Nope. I only have a 60 Gig HD. I have maybe 4 games installed, and bunch of demos. That said, I play my 360 on average of about twice a month. Internet, TV, and PC gaming happens a lot more.

#53 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I install the games I'm playing and then delete them when I'm done. I do leave the saves, just in case.

#54 Posted by NegativeCero (3005 posts) -

Yup, bit I only have 60 gigs to work with so I delete what I don't play. But some XBLA games are getting pretty big. 2 gigs each starts to add up.

#55 Posted by efman (212 posts) -

No, I've never tried doing this on my 120 GB Elite. Does it actually make a significant difference performance-wise other than the noise?

#56 Posted by BaneFireLord (2941 posts) -

I have actually never installed a game to my drive. I was going to with Skyrim, but then heard about that texture bug and didn't.

#57 Posted by MHumphreys89 (716 posts) -

I usually install my single-player game of the month and delete it when i'm finished, however, I always keep my most favoured multi-player games on my HDD.   

One of the reasons I install games became apparent recently; my power-brick had died, so, I had to use my old Elite rather than my 360S, I hardly ever got annoyed by the noise un-installed games made but i't seems i've become sensitive to it now, funny considering what a joke the 'Whisper Quiet' promotional term became; everyone laughed at.

#58 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (331 posts) -

I generally always install the game I'm currently playing. It gets a little annoying considering I only have a 20 gig hard drive. Games like Mass Effect 3 are pains with there multiple discs.

#59 Posted by PixelStyles (60 posts) -

I install all games I'm playing, I'll leave a couple on if I plan on going back to them, but typically if I know I'm done I go back every couple months and clean them out so I have room for more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.