Does anyone use HEADPHONES while playing on 360?

• 51 results
#1 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

I'm talking about headphones like the ones that Pro gamers use. Like surround sound headphones or headphones that have LIVE chat with them. 

If so, which one do you use?

#2 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

Yes, I have an Astro headset, I know it was ridiculously over priced but they're the best headphones I've ever had and the built in voice-chat is awesome.

#3 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

Nope, I've never tried. Do you need special gaming headphones?

#4 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

Nope, never did.

#5 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -
ParanoidFreak said:
"Yes, I have an Astro headset, I know it was ridiculously over priced but they're the best headphones I've ever had and the built in voice-chat is awesome.
"
I heard great reviews about it. Is it hard to set up? Like complicated or straightforward?
#6 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

No, I like the sound of the games coming from the TV and being in private chat on my headset.

#7 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
MAV3R1CK said:
"ParanoidFreak said:
"Yes, I have an Astro headset, I know it was ridiculously over priced but they're the best headphones I've ever had and the built in voice-chat is awesome.
"
I heard great reviews about it. Is it hard to set up? Like complicated or straightforward?
"
  I found it pretty simple and if you didn't know what to do it came with an easy to understand instruction booklet.
#8 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -
ParanoidFreak said:
"MAV3R1CK said:
"ParanoidFreak said:
"
"
  I found it pretty simple and if you didn't know what to do it came with an easy to understand instruction booklet.
"
Would you recommend the Astro A40's or the Tritton ax360 or wait for the Tritton AXPRO, because i've been debating whether to hold up or not. I really need a headphones like those.
#9 Edited by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
MAV3R1CK said:
"ParanoidFreak said:
"MAV3R1CK said:
"ParanoidFreak said:
"
"
"
Would you recommend the Astro A40's or the Tritton ax360 or wait for the Tritton AXPRO, because i've been debating whether to hold up or not. I really need a headphones like those.
"
I'm not sure of the price on the Tritton's (if they're substantially cheaper you might want these) but I highly recommend the Astro A40's.
#10 Posted by Xero (159 posts) -

no, but i want to try it

#11 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

I used too when playing halo3 on live.
The sound really does help you anticipate enemys and what not.

#12 Posted by Luchadeer (105 posts) -

I do, I use Sanheizer (sp) headsets wired through my comp speakers. I mainly used them because I could not hear the dialogue in halo 3 very well. They don't come with a mic though...  100$ for em, they are wonderful!

#13 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Yes I do.

#14 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

No, but I am in the market for something better than what Microsoft ships you in the box.  Can  anyone recommend one?

#15 Posted by Lombax (105 posts) -

yes I use a pair of Grado SR-60' s

caption

#16 Posted by GiantBomber (350 posts) -

No, just crank up my surround sound.

#17 Posted by Cleric (286 posts) -

Yeah sometimes I use my sennheiser headset. Lately I've been using them when playing Battlefield BC.

#18 Posted by MarkMarini (27 posts) -

I bought the Turtle Beach Earforce X1 headset for $60 after I broke the MS headset for a 4th time. Best 60 bucks i spent on hardware in a while: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874502001&Tpk=turtle%2bbeach%2bx1

#19 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

i dont use my headphones anymore since i was listening to some music whilst masterbating and just closed my eyes for a few moment. when i opened them my mum had left a nice hot cup of tea on the table next to my bed......

#20 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

I've got one o them crazy chairs with speakers all up in your face. It's great fun.

#21 Posted by legend_cloud (359 posts) -

Nope, I like hearing things loud.

#22 Posted by Kaneda (22 posts) -
Sennheiser 595
JVC SU-DH1
#23 Posted by GameGod23 (10 posts) -

i only use head phones if i am playing early in the morning and i dont want wake any one up

#24 Posted by Kaneda (22 posts) -
legend_cloud said:
"Nope, I like hearing things loud.
"
Doesnt get any louder than with cans. ;)
#25 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

I just purchased the Tritton AX360's and I can't wait to test them out, i'll give you guys a heads up and review it when i'm done. It looks pretty good. When the AXPRO's come out, i'll def be getting those.

#26 Posted by x3ar (236 posts) -

sometimes on games with great sound or when i feel like it. I use icemat headset

#27 Posted by heretrix (84 posts) -

Nah, I spent to much time setting up my 7.1 system.

#28 Posted by Emiel (607 posts) -

I use regular stereo headphones at night when people in the house are sleeping.

caption

#29 Posted by WSGRandomPerson (144 posts) -

I don't. I've never seen a need to have them unless I'm in a room with a lot of people.

#30 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

No, not those kind, but the one that came with the 360 yes.

#31 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -

I don't have a headphone jack on my TV or anything, so no.

#32 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

No way, i got a nice 5.1 setup that i rock

#33 Posted by crazycatguy (12 posts) -

I've been using the ax360's for over a year now. I really like 'em - the surround sound is amazing, plus they have excellent bass response. They are a little heavy, though. 

#34 Posted by Wolverine (4276 posts) -

I play xbox in my media room in my basement so it doesn't disturb anyone else is my house so I don't need to use headphones.

#35 Posted by Railer (101 posts) -

At the moment i do actually use headphones for my 360. I'm using a pair of Sennheiser HD555's, but I've been thinking about picking up a pair of 5.1 headphones since I've heard some goods thing about them.
I use headphones since i usually play in the middle of the night and i live in a student corridor with walls they could be thicker.

#36 Posted by mclakers (125 posts) -

i use the tritton 360  and its great, needs a little tweeking to get the sound just right but its a good headset for about 120-130 bucks

#37 Posted by MacGoesZoom (75 posts) -

I know this is going to sound dumb, and it is probably really easy to set up, but I have never used them because I don't know how to set it up. =) So.. any suggestions on how? and which ones should I get?

#38 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

Nope, I let my TV blare sound waves through the air. I'd need a longass chord for headphones to get from the back of my 49 inch plasma screen to my chair

#39 Posted by SlavetotheMedia (20 posts) -

The only time I use headphones is when i'm playing Drums on Rock Band.  I can hear the bass pedal a little better and it seems like there's zero latency.

#40 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1035 posts) -

Hell, I rarely even listen to what's going on in a game, unless it's a story-heavy game with a lot of dialogue (i don't care to read, but I'd rather hear the dialogue if the voice-acting is well done). Usually, I keep the sound down kind of low--loud enough to hear sound effects like gunfire and whatnot, but that's it--and listen to a podcast, or DVD commentary. 

#41 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

i don't see the point. i have surround sound so i like just having it play around me.

#42 Posted by Player1 (3851 posts) -

Im going to have to, for im moving my tv (hopfully) up to my room. And my dad goes to sleep really early. So it will be my only option. But now that you mention it, it will probably be beneficial to my play. Ill be able to hear incoming enemies better. 

#43 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -

i wanna get them but i wont

#45 Posted by XAMS (68 posts) -

Ive always wanted to, that way I can play really loud and not bother anyone, but I never got around to buying good headphones. Any recomendations?

#46 Posted by FordFairlane (99 posts) -

Most of my gaming comes when my wife is sleeping, so I use headphones quite a bit.

I prefer earbuds, so I use either the Sony's or the Phillips simulated surround buds.  Neither costs too much.

Since I'm mostly playing single player at night, I don't need to worry about a Live mic.

#47 Posted by geneticgamer (48 posts) -

Mine broke

#48 Posted by Strife88 (225 posts) -

Yeah, I did once on my old TV but it was 4am.

#49 Posted by Recongoddess (23 posts) -
MAV3R1CK said:
"

I'm talking about headphones like the ones that Pro gamers use. Like surround sound headphones or headphones that have LIVE chat with them. 

If so, which one do you use?

"

It depends on the game, etc.. but sometimes I use the earforce headset and off topic.. I have a awesome logitech headset I use for pc gaming.. I haven't tried them with my x360.. I'm not sure if they are compatible.  *pondering*
#50 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -

I know this is five months old but just ordered Tritton AXPRO's and will get them tuesday I will put a review up for anyone who wants it
This is my first gaming headphones but their getting good reviews

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.