Does it cost money to make a second Xbox Live gold account?

#1 Posted by K0rN (683 posts) -

I want to join bombing runs with other people but at the same time I want to keep my main account private. I would like to create a second social account for things like bombing runs. Does anyone here know if you can create a second XBL gold without having to pay money for that one?
#2 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -
@K0rN said:
" I want to join bombing runs with other people but at the same time I want to keep my main account private. I would like to create a second social account for things like bombing runs. Does anyone here know if you can create a second XBL gold without having to pay money for that one? "
When you create a new account you are automatically entitled for 1 month Gold Subscription free of charge. So you won't have to pay for a second one (at least for the first month)
#3 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

You can make as many gamertags as you wish. 
BUT, if you want Xbox Live service for any of them, you have to get additional Live subscriptions for them. 

#4 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @K0rN said:
" I want to join bombing runs with other people but at the same time I want to keep my main account private. I would like to create a second social account for things like bombing runs. Does anyone here know if you can create a second XBL gold without having to pay money for that one? "
When you create a new account you are automatically entitled for 1 month Gold Subscription free of charge. So you won't have to pay for a second one (at least for the first month) "

What's to stop someone from making a new account every month?
#5 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@Bellum said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @K0rN said:
When you create a new account you are automatically entitled for 1 month Gold Subscription free of charge. So you won't have to pay for a second one (at least for the first month) "
 What's to stop someone from making a new account every month? "
You can only do it 3 times max.  Then the 1 month Gold bonus doesn't work for new accounts any longer and they just start with Silver.

I should know; I've done it.
#6 Posted by K0rN (683 posts) -

Well that sucks that I have to pay more money for more accounts when I am already paying a subscription.
#7 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Bellum said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @K0rN said:
 What's to stop someone from making a new account every month? "
You can only do it 3 times max.  Then the 1 month Gold bonus doesn't work for new accounts any longer and they just start with Silver.  I should know; I've done it. "

Well damn.
#8 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
@K0rN said:
"Well that sucks that I have to pay more money for more accounts when I am already paying a subscription. "

Dude if you didn't have to pay, every racist, homophobic asshole on Xbox Live would have hundreds of accounts and the whole multiplayer concept would be rendered unusable.
#9 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (949 posts) -
@Rayfield said:
" @K0rN said:
"Well that sucks that I have to pay more money for more accounts when I am already paying a subscription. "
Dude if you didn't have to pay, every racist, homophobic asshole on Xbox Live would have hundreds of accounts and the whole multiplayer concept would be rendered unusable. "
What stops this from happening on the Playstation Network?
#10 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
@Suicidal_SNiper said:
" @Rayfield said:
" @K0rN said:
Dude if you didn't have to pay, every racist, homophobic asshole on Xbox Live would have hundreds of accounts and the whole multiplayer concept would be rendered unusable. "
What stops this from happening on the Playstation Network? "

Hmm, touche.
#11 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -
@Suicidal_SNiper:  Next to no one has a mic.
#12 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -
@Suicidal_SNiper said:
" @Rayfield said:
" @K0rN said:
What stops this from happening on the Playstation Network? "

They don't have headsets. 

Boom. 

(Note: I am not part of this problem, I -got- mine)
#13 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5380 posts) -
@Suicidal_SNiper: Headsets aren't standard. 

My time in HOME (before public voice chat was removed) was far worse than anything I ever experienced on Live the past 7+ years.
#14 Posted by Sinatra (213 posts) -

You can have unlimited Gold Accounts as long as you pay for them all. 

#15 Posted by Cynthesize (20 posts) -
@Vito_Raliffe: 

Ahhhhh, HOME! Me and a friend got a bit drunk one night at a sleepover and spent hours on there giggling. We made a tally: within two hours we'd been asked out 29 times. And that was BEFORE we put the avatar in a skirt. =]

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.