Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Don't Live In The US And Wanna Use Netflix On The 360?

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GiantGUS

Tip For User Outside of the US That Wanna Use Netflix On The 360

• Use an US address to create an account
    • Go to http://sambaweb.info and access the netflix website with just the Encode URL and Allow Cookies options activated.
      See these options at http://sambaweb.info by clicking in options
      See these options at http://sambaweb.info by clicking in options

• Turn on your 360 and go to Netflix on the Video Marketplace (it will download the small Netflix app).
    • Once Netflix starts on the 360 tell it you have an account and you want to activate your 360 as a device. It will go to a screen with a code, wright down that code and LEAVE THE 360 ON THAT SCREEN.
    • Go to my account on the Netflix website and click on Activate Netflix Ready Device.
    • Insert the code your 360 gave you and let it activate, it'll take a minute or so, depends on connection.
    • Once it's activated you only have to add movies to your INSTANT QUEUE (NEVER ADD ANYTHING TO THE REGULAR QUEUE, THAT WILL SEND THE DVD TO THE US ADDRESS AND YOU WILL GET CHARGED FOR NOT RETURNING IT)
    • Remember: TO ACTIVATE YOUR 360 AND TO ADD MOVIES TO YOUR QUEUE YOU HAVE TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE THROUGH SAMBAWEB OR SOMEOTHER VPN OR PROXY SERVICE. ANYTHING RELATED TO THE WATCH INSTANT FUNCTION WILL ONLY WORK WHEN ACCESSING THE WEBSITE THROUGH AN US IP ADDRESS.
    • No, there is no need to use proxy or vpn on the 360, the 360's ip address is not checked by Netflix.

Hope it was of service.

UPDATE: There is no need to use sambaweb after activating the Xbox 360, the Watch Instantly tab of the website will still be unavailable, but the Add To Instant option will work, so just browse or search movies through the site and Add The Ones that are available for streaming

I would also like to make it clear that there is no use of proxy or VPN on the 360 AT ALL. There is no need for it because the 360´s IP is not checked.

You do need a Gold US account for the Netflix option to be available on the 360, but it´s 50 dollars a year and I believe all users from countries without official Xbox Live use US accounts already.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

Nice!

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Wait! Don't you need to have a Gold account for this to work?  I don't really fancy paying for 2 Gold Accounts and a Netflix account.  It is very tempting to try it although it seems a very complicated way of getting around it :(  

May try it with the free trial if that includes online streaming.  It's only about £5 a month from my guesswork.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Sweeeet!

Awesome thread achievement unlocked.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Yeah, but be before hand warned, this way its a tad bit slower since to hide you IP that site consumes more bandwidth.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I thought that netflix didn't appear on non US 360's. I definitely haven't seen it on mine.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DragoonKain1687
    MattyFTM said:
    "I thought that netflix didn't appear on non US 360's. I definitely haven't seen it on mine."
    Using sites like those, conceal your IP, thus, you can access things that where IP locked before, like HULU, Netflix, etc.
    GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GiantGUS

There is no conceilling of IP on the 360, just on the computer to access the site.
    Netflix will show on any 360 as long as you have a US Live account (I do because there is no Live in Brazil, so we use US accounts).

IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

You all sorta ignored the most important part of this.  You need a Gold Account to have it work don't you?  I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

It would be awesome if I could get this stuff working tho.
    Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Sarnecki

You're frigging awesome.

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GiantGUS
    IncredibleBulk92 said:
    "You all sorta ignored the most important part of this.  You need a Gold Account to have it work don't you?  I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.
    It would be awesome if I could get this stuff working tho.
    "
    Yeah, you do. So for euro users I guess that adds to the cost, because you would need an additional US account. but for users in countries with no Live, it's standart to use US gold accounts.
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By clubsandwich

I'm fucked, my original account is Mexican ;__;

siLVUR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By siLVUR

What's with these "US only" features that consoles nowadays have? There are other people in the world besides America!

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GiantGUS
    siLVUR said:
    "What's with these "US only" features that consoles nowadays have? There are other people in the world besides America!"
    Most stuff has to do with licensing issues. That´s why I recommend having a USA account on both consoles (PS3 and 360). That way you don't get left out of any party.
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Aw shit that sucks, fuck it then.  They'll probably find a way of stopping this soon.  I guess they have to, some sort of agreement with the licence holders.  It's not worth me paying the money now and finding out in a month or 2 that they've blocked it.  Guess I'll wait until Netflix comes to the UK, you've gotta think there's a huge incentive to do it, even if it's just the digital streaming stuff.

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GiantGUS

I find it hard that they´ll block IPs through the 360 and also I fount that it is possible to add movies to the queue without using sambaweb and just regularly accessing the website.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sarnecki

How do I make a US account with my gold membership?  My one gamertag seems unwilling to share its gold status with any other accounts I make.

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GiantGUS
    Sarnecki said:
    "How do I make a US account with my gold membership?  My one gamertag seems unwilling to share its gold status with any other accounts I make.

"
    You have to creat a new gamertag, a US one and make it gold. One account´s gold status cannot be transfered to another.
    GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GiantGUS

Did any of you do it?
    I still use it on my 360.

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By coonce
    BattousaiAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BattousaiAC

No Longer Working...I`ve got my Xbox activated and can browse the movies but when I Hit play the message about the only on the 50 states an bla bla...shows up and no movie to watch, I tried chossing directly from the Xbox, and adding to the queue by internet with and without sambaweb and got the same result...any idea. 

GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GiantGUS
    @BattousaiAC said:
    " No Longer Working...I`ve got my Xbox activated and can browse the movies but when I Hit play the message about the only on the 50 states an bla bla...shows up and no movie to watch, I tried chossing directly from the Xbox, and adding to the queue by internet with and without sambaweb and got the same result...any idea.  "
    Yep stopped working. Have not found any workaround. There's probably not going to be one, since it checks IP on the Xbox now, so Proxy would be the only solution, but proxy would make watching a movie impossible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.