Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Final Predictions?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Well the MS Press Conference is tomorrow.  So what are your final predictions as to what is going to go down in terms of notable happenings?

Mine:
    - Halo 3: ODST gameplay
    - Lionhead's new game. high paced-action adventure game....or platformer--->playable and on stage played---> game of show? nah...but it'll win those "most suprising" and "most unique" ones
    - Alan Wake played
    - Killer Instinct 3---------;-
    - Perfect Dark 2----------;-------but I'd prefer Conker 2 and a new ip....
    - Perfect Dark XBLA
    - Halo: Reach
    - Metal Gear Solid
    - New Epic Game, not gears nor unreal tournament  (i know this sounds weird, but trust me-- I'm good at these things)
    - Motion camera real, not a huge focus. 
    - Mention of 1 vs. 100 --> played on stage---> "You can play beta right now"---> confirmed on dashboard (like it is right now--> had a 3 day countdown there)
    - primetime channel formally dated
    - BigPark to unviel new game, camera support (confirmed to show a game)
    - Forza 3 announced
    - some random obscure XBLA games no one cares about
    - they'll play a rhythm game on stage
    - an exclusive gearbox game
    - games for windows/pc gaming will not even be talked about

one which I know won't but wish would:  Mistwalker's new game (this will be at TGS though)

I know that sounds like a lot, but really....lots of that is pretty much already confirmed.  I didn't actually mention one game that doesn't have some sort of leak type thing behind it, besides EPIC, but I do think they'll have a presence there.
    Ahh... lulz.  Like I'm actually going to be right.  Anyway, I think it's safe to say that MS will have a good E3.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KingBroly

I doubt MGS is coming to 360 in any form.  As for Halo Reach, isn't that related to an upcoming Halo novel?

Let's see...from Microsoft...non-obvious ones
    - Perfect Dark 2
    - Mass Effect 2
    - Forza 3
    - Crackdown 2 announced (2010 release)
    - More Wiization of the 360 (motion camera and controller)
    - Monkey Island, Turtles in Time, Team Fortress 2 coming to XBLA

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Ineedaname
    @KingBroly: And 1 vs 100, also that Lionhead's game, with what Peter Molyneux has said.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Fall of Reach is the name of the first halo novel, a prequel to Halo 1.  It was posted along with some other things earlier today.  Apparently they have the post-E3 site update ready.  When they added the Bungie Universe forum they accidently added the ODST and Reach forums.  It's pretty much undeniable at this point.  Well, I guess it is deniable, but it'd be rather weird if nothing comes out of that.  And it was indeed real, there's a cached version of the page out there and many credible posters on bungie.net who have claimed to have seen it.  That and the fact that anything mentioning Halo: Reach was immediately deleted (not locked even).   If you made up something like Halo: First Strike,they wouldn't lock it. 

As for MGS, come on!  It's inevitable at this point.  I think just about everyone who is looking at this with blank eyes realizes this!?  Jeff and the guys all said on the podcast that it's pretty much a given.  Every single site that's not super corporate says so too!  Not willing to debate it further, but it's not like there's no one credible who thinks so.  Granted, it's entirely possible it's just not happening and tons of us are being duped, but I think there's enough evidence to believe so.  Seriously though, come on!  There'll be achievies!  Probably could have some damn good ones.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By killdave

1 vs 100 .. finally :p
    some kind of tv / movie intergration

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By KingBroly
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    Fall of Reach is the name of the first halo novel, a prequel to Halo 1.  It was posted along ... [more]
    I don't think MGS is a given.  The countdown doesn't go to Microsoft's or Sony's Conference, and it would've been leaked around the time of this new MGS stuff came out too.  Let us also not forget that Kojima is probably the biggest cockteaser in the video games industry.
    Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Dovey

Im really interested to see what this new Lionhead game will be.  It would be funny if it turned out to be B.C.  (Back from the dead)

I think we will see some Kojima annoucement at the conference but I hope it is not just a MGS4 port.  The time for that has long gone. Most poeple who would have wanted to play it would have by now. But it would be a bigger win for M$ to have an new exclusive MGS title go to the X360.

The Epic announcement would be interesing though...
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    KingBroly said:
    SmugDarkLoser said: Fall of Reach is the name of the first halo novel, a prequel to Halo 1.  It was ... [more]
    It doesn't even have to do with the timer really, it's just the whole situation.  Anyway, I said, don't want to go into that.  Wait and see.

Anyway, as far as Kojima being a huge game teaser---> you are joking, right?  You do understand that they just do teaser sites?
    The big boys dip into viral marketing. 

http://www.ilovebees.com/
    And that blackscreen didn't come up until near the end of the tease.  It's a Halo 2 viral thing.  They also did another one hidden message thingy with Cortona and whatnot.  
    ----> The thing about these types of things though is that they have to be something the community can do, not something they send to gaming sites like that rehab letter.
    Valve also does that to an extent, but those don't have depth usually. Usually just some message or thing like that.

When it comes to literally teasing games though, Rare wins with their loads of cameos and things like the christmas card with the KI3 stocking and the KI3 cards that came with VP2.  Then they say that they "wouldn't make another killer instinct game just to make another Killer Instinct"
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    KingBroly said:
    I doubt MGS is coming to 360 in any form.  As for Halo Reach, isn't that related to an upcoming ... [more]
    That's been in the XBLA for like 2 years now.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

I predict...

...Jeff drunk on an E3 Bombcast and saying "duder, Jakob called it...Killer Instinct 3 got announced"!
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By kush

Not a final prediction, but a hopeful prediction..."Rare announces and shows a new Battletoads game!"

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Got 4 wrong
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Player1
    @SmugDarkLoser: Still. You did pretty well. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.