Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Finally Getting a 360

Faltru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Faltru

After only having a Wii and PS3 for all of this console generation, a friend is gifting me a 360 in January. I really don't know what games to get for it so I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions. I'm really only looking for 360 exclusives (including games that were eventually released on PC such as Viva Piñata). I honestly don't know where to start, and I don't know if its worth getting into franchises like Halo or Gears of War this late in the game. So far I've only really thought of Alan Wake and Viva Piñata. Any suggestions?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss

No you should definitely check out the Gears of War and Halo games, they are worth getting into.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xyzygy

I see your avatar is FFVIII, so definitely get the two Mistwalker RPGs, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Lost Odyssey is by far the best RPG this generation (I've heard things about Xenoblade Chronicles, but haven't played... yet), and Blue Dragon has a really light, old school feel to it. Both games are fantastic.  

Alan Wake is a no brainer. Best Game of 2010 for me. Mass Effect 1 is outstanding too, make sure to pick that up.  

There are the obvious shooters like Gears and Halo, I haven't touched much of Gears but Halo Reach is fantastic.

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By tobygw

Alan Wake is pretty good, but the amount of combat you're forced to do in the last third is brutal.

shootermcclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By shootermcclay

I recently got a 360 as well. I played through Halo 3, and it was painful. I don't recommend it. I played through the first act of Gears of War and could not force myself to continue. I absolutely loved Bully: Scholarship Edition, Left 4 Dead, and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. I also have Deadly Premonition, still waiting to be played.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Rebel_Scum

You're too late to the party man. Tell your mate to give you money for the next gen. Thats a better investment.

Faltru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Faltru

@Rebel_Scum said:

You're too late to the party man. Tell your mate to give you money for the next gen. Thats a better investment.

He got this 360 for free when buying a new PC and he already has one of his own, so hes passing it on to me.

@Unknown_Pleasures said:

No you should definitely check out the Gears of War and Halo games, they are worth getting into.

Yeah I probably will, at least the more recent games.

@xyzygy said:

I see your avatar is FFVIII, so definitely get the two Mistwalker RPGs, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Lost Odyssey is by far the best RPG this generation (I've heard things about Xenoblade Chronicles, but haven't played... yet), and Blue Dragon has a really light, old school feel to it. Both games are fantastic. Alan Wake is a no brainer. Best Game of 2010 for me. Mass Effect 1 is outstanding too, make sure to pick that up. There are the obvious shooters like Gears and Halo, I haven't touched much of Gears but Halo Reach is fantastic.

Good call, I hadn't thought about RPGs. I'll definitely check out Lost Odyssey.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Vinny_Says

I dunno....the xbox is a third party powerhouse mostly.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By MetalBaofu

I'm gonna try and mention ones not already listed.

The Fable games...I don't love them, but they are alright.

Forza and/or Project Gotham Racing if you care about racing at all.

Only other thing I can think of at the moment are some XBLA games. Shadow Complex, Geometry Wars, Trials HD, Splosion Man, Trenched(Iron Brigade), ilomilo, etc.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By jonnyboy

XBox Live Arcade.

Wave goodbye to your money.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By ez123

PGR 4, Crackdown, and Nuts & Bolts are awesome and probably dirt cheap at this point.

DylanGW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By DylanGW

@Faltru:

Halo, Gears, Forza, Dead or Alive 4, Crackdown, Viva Pinata, Banjoe Nuts and Bolts, Lost Odyssey & Alan Wake.

That's all of them really. There's some really great stuff on XBLA though, like Rez HD, Ikaruga, Splosin' Man to name a few.

drift_tuned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By drift_tuned

You should def. look into Gears of War series as well as Forza series. Also Bioshock, Mass Effect, Crackdown, Fable series, PGR4.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vexxan

Buy a gazillion Microsoft points and go nuts on the XBLA games. They're the best thing about the 360!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.