For or against the fall update

• 54 results
#1 Posted by Lozz (307 posts) -

As you well know the fall update will be coming with bezillions of new changes, so who's for it and who's against. Personally I'm for, I like the party system idea and watching stuff together.

#2 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

I love the new look of the dashboard as well as the 8 person parties...we finally got p chat with more than 2 people!

#3 Posted by MatsSundin (84 posts) -

I like the new look hopefully its much easier to navigate and loads faster

#4 Posted by Lozz (307 posts) -

Oh yeah the chat with more people seems cool. I think the Avatars look a bit too much like Mii's at the moment, I hope I can put Gears of War t-shirts on them or something, make them stand out a bit more.

#5 Posted by DorianBlack (311 posts) -

I'm indifferent towards the dashboard itself but I really like the up to 8 person chat and a few other features. I'll never have to hear a jerk on Xbox ever again. =D

#6 Edited by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

For, whether I like Avatars or not, it's always nice for a change once in a while.

#7 Posted by Kowalski (262 posts) -

The new Xbox Dashboard might be getting a more casual friendly look to it, and I'm sure there's many things I will not like about it. Since I dislike the current dashboard very much, and the new one looks slick and easy to use I am very much for it. The current dashboard is great because it has a good online service and alot of content. Remove those things and it isn't very good at all.

#8 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Love the update, can't wait for it.

#9 Posted by Leon31 (125 posts) -

I like the fall update. I want to wait till it comes out so that I can say if it's good or not fairly but I do love the party system and the netflix functionality so I definitely can't wait for that.

#10 Posted by KiLL3r (100 posts) -

I have a love hate thing for the fall update. It has some good features but I just hates those Avatars. I'm glad that you could use both your Themes and your Gamer Pictures.

#11 Posted by roofy (1005 posts) -

+1 For

the new look and functionality make it hard to like what we have already

#12 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

I'm mostly for it, but I still don't like the avatars.

#13 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

Its going to take time to get used to, but I'm for it.  I definitely will like the new party system.

#14 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

I'm for it, I want to see the new looks.

#15 Posted by GiantEnemyCrab (21 posts) -

I at first hated it, but by now I am willing to see how it works. So why not.

I hate the original look, but seeing how themes will look in the new dashboard is actually kinda cool.

#16 Posted by Scorched (691 posts) -

thought I'd be for but so far against
maybe my mind will change

#17 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

As long as the marketplace gets organized, I'm happy.

#18 Posted by mclakers (125 posts) -

for netflixs

#19 Posted by Peacemaker (1101 posts) -

I'm for it, I think that the current setup is pretty cluttered and can be slow.  I'm actually pretty excited for the update.

#20 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -

For, simply for change. I don't care much for the avatars, but the new interface is sleek.

#21 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

Definitely for. I like the avatars and the new dashboard look.

#22 Posted by skillagon (12 posts) -

I like the new look, the current one is a bit to orange and unorganized (scrolling through heaps of stuff).
What I am most looking forward to though is the "rip games to hardrive". Want to see if it improves texture
popups for one and also for stopping my disc drive from sounding like its grinding corn.

#23 Posted by ZombiePie (5587 posts) -

I'm all for it. The current interface was fine until things got cluttered, making tasks like shopping for new songs  for Rock Band harder than it should be.

#24 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

I am all for the Fall update. I cannot wait!

#25 Posted by ieatlions (708 posts) -

yeah if they stream line marketplace it and the new design is sleek who knows it might be amazing . i personaly hate it now , but i also hated the blade design when i first saw it/

#26 Posted by ieatlions (708 posts) -

yeah if they stream line marketplace it and the new design is sleek who knows it might be amazing . i personaly hate it now , but i also hated the blade design when i first saw it/

#27 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1035 posts) -

I'm all for it.

#28 Posted by SymbolliC (260 posts) -

Wish the avatar would be more...Xboxy, but I think I can live with it.

#29 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

I do not care for the look, but I definitely approve the features. Never ending party+8 way private chats+movies=win.

#30 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -

for!

#31 Posted by Condukt365 (8 posts) -

It's a nice change of pace.

Now that I compare the two together, I prefer the new dash.

I like how they're reinventing the blade system into the Guide, very nice touch.

#32 Posted by Merforga (262 posts) -

I am all for it.  Over 99% of the people who are against this have not tried out the new update, and are basing their very biased reviews on a few screenshots and videos.

#33 Posted by Mr_Bauer (398 posts) -

I'm definitely looking forward to it

#34 Posted by Residentrevil2 (431 posts) -

I believe in Harvey Dent!  And, Harvey and I are FOR the Fall Update!

#35 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

I am definitely excited and fully anticipating this update.  You know, I understand not everyone is open to change, but sometimes it is much needed.  .....and this update is definitely needed. :D

#37 Posted by Supertramp (55 posts) -

I'm for it. At first, I was a little opposed to it. The avatar ordeal & it looked too modern & plain. But I'm starting to dig on the simplicity of it. It's definitely grown on me. I'm the type of fella who feels like change is good (mostly), and is definitely necessary as well. Very exciting.

#38 Posted by Wolverine (4280 posts) -

Netflix, 8 person chat, riping games to hdd
Yeah the update looks awesome.

#39 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

For. I think the new dash looks awesome.

#40 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

Why change something that works so well?.

#41 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -
SSbabel said:
"Why change something that works so well?."

To make it work even better and run laps completely around Home?
#42 Posted by Strife88 (225 posts) -

As long as they don't restrict a lot of content than I'm for it. I'm sure everyone is losing enough gamer pics in the process so more than just generic items should be available.

#43 Edited by Manks (836 posts) -

I'm all for it except for the avatars.  I guess they will just have to grow on me. 

#44 Posted by Echelon730 (89 posts) -

I can't wait for it. Avatars are nice but I would be just fine with the gamer pic.

The features they are bringing to the system are unlike anything that we have ever seen on a console. Its really showing up HOME with ease of use and no Second Life Bull shit

#45 Posted by borgmaster (513 posts) -

there's some really good and useful stuff coming out in it. and it balances out the lame stuff

#46 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

For, a simpler experience is fine by me.

#47 Posted by roylink (128 posts) -

I'm for it. 

#48 Posted by Riddler (1528 posts) -
Nibbz said:
"for!"

#49 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

I'm not for it, but I'm not against it either. I don't mind it, but I'm not all excited for it.

#50 Posted by ROWD (129 posts) -

I'm all for everything... Bring on the fall

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.