Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Free XBL Gold sub games not a permanent thing?

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I was looking on xbox.com, reading through some stuff, and noticed something. At their conference, it sounded like they were kind of throwing in against the free games that come with PSN Plus, but it clearly says on their site:

"As a gesture of thanks to the millions of Xbox fans around the world for their passion and loyalty, Xbox announced that every Xbox Live Gold subscriber will receive two free Xbox 360 games per month until the release of Xbox One"

So it would seem to indicate this is not a permanent feature, but just something leading up to the new console release. I'll have to go back and watch that part of the conference, but I don't think that was made clear at the time.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I was looking on xbox.com, reading through some stuff, and noticed something. At their conference, it sounded like they were kind of throwing in against the free games that come with PSN Plus, but it clearly says on their site:

"As a gesture of thanks to the millions of Xbox fans around the world for their passion and loyalty, Xbox announced that every Xbox Live Gold subscriber will receive two free Xbox 360 games per month until the release of Xbox One"

So it would seem to indicate this is not a permanent feature, but just something leading up to the new console release. I'll have to go back and watch that part of the conference, but I don't think that was made clear at the time.

I do not think they can take back the game.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

No it is two free games per month, until the Xbox 1 launches. Then they won't be giving free games anymore. You still keep the free games they gave.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did say exactly that on stage.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebgav said:

Ah ok, must have missed it, was at work at the time, so I was getting pulled in a few directions while I was trying to watch.

That's a bummer tho, would be something that adds to XBL Gold.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rebgav said:

Ah ok, must have missed it, was at work at the time, so I was getting pulled in a few directions while I was trying to watch.

When will Ass 2 and Halo 3 come out?

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By joshwent

@rebgav said:

Yep. Enjoy these 5 months. As of now, that is it.

Just another way that they are either horrible at communication (I hope), or just really damn shady.

Also, Red Green! He'd figure out a way around crappy DRM... with the power of Duct Tape.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rebgav said:

Are you sure that is what they meant? I thought it meant 2 games every month up until the launch of the X1.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krakn3dfx said:

@rebgav said:

2009 and 2007, respectively.

Seriously, I dunno tho.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jdh5153

@krakn3dfx said:

@rebgav said:

July

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took that to mean that they have plans for two games each month until the release of Xbox One, not that they'll be discontinuing the program after that. They could drop to one a month, or they could go with something every other month, the just don't want to commit to anything right now.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took the 2 free games until the release of the Xbox One meaning that the program would be revised to include the new console in some way like PS+.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By audiosnow

I figured it was just like PS+ and the game is licensed to you until a certain point. With PS+, it's when your subscription lapses. With XBL, it's when the X-ONE is released.

Neither Sony nor Microsoft is likely to hand people several million dollars in free games, but I'd love to be proven wrong...

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figured it was just like PS+ and the game is licensed to you until a certain point. With PS+, it's when your subscription lapses. With XBL, it's when the X-ONE is released.

Neither Sony or Microsoft is likely to hand people several million dollars in free games, but I'd love to be proven wrong...

Should be noted that you regain access to any games your previously got prior to your subscription ending when you resubscribe.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilzrule27: Seriously? Well, gee whiz, I guess PS+ is a better deal than I thought!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

"free"

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Has anyone confirmed whether or not cancelling gold will sever your access to them, like PS plus?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I took the 2 free games until the release of the Xbox One meaning that the program would be revised to include the new console in some way like PS+.

You sure do have a lot of faith Agnostic Jesus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.