Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Free Xbox 4gb when you buy a college laptop

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By shadows_kill

Hello fellow bombers, I'm going to make my journey to college next fall and this includes buying a new college laptop. The college has a deal with Dell (and some others like Macbooks) and if you buy certain Dells you can get a free xbox 4gb. I'm a PS3 guy and haven't had much experience with a 360 but I know there are a few games I'd like to snag up (Alan Wake, Shadow Complex, Trails, gear games, and maybe a halo and forza) but would a 4gb be able to hold all of that? Could I hook it up to maybe a flash drive or a external hard drive to increase the memory or do I need to send it in to get more memory?

My 2nd part to this is I wanted to know if the laptop I was selecting was a good setup. It will mostly be for school but I wouldn't mind being able to pop in a game for a bit like Diablo 3 etc. Here the one I was looking at the most:

Dell XPS 15

Processor- 2nd Generation Intel core i7-2670QM processor (2.2 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.1 GHz)

Operating System

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

Display

15.6" HD (1366x768) Truelife WLED Display with Skype-Certified 2.0MP HD Webcam

Memory

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz

Hard Drive

1TB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive

Video Card

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M 1GB graphics with Optimus

Any information would be awesome duders!

Robot_Moses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Robot_Moses

You can use most USB sticks with the 360. External hard drives can be iffy, there's pretty strict rules on what devices Microsoft will allow you to store game data on. There's supposed to be a 16gig limit for external storage, but I've seen people able to use the full extent of bigger drives before. As long as you aren't installing games to your hard drive, space shouldn't be an issue, game saves and arcade games are usually fairly small. You will likely need a USB drive attached if you have both Shadow Complex and Trials downloaded. If you ever feel like you need a lot more memory, you don't need to send the Xbox in, the hard drives just snap on to it. That laptop will run Diablo 3 fairly well, you should be able to run at max settings provided that you're running your processor at a decent speed.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By shadows_kill

Thanks dude! I've never had much computer spec knowledge so I wanted to make sure that maybe they didn't gipe that laptop to make its price cover the free 360.

Robot_Moses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Robot_Moses

No problem, duder. Those are pretty sweet specs for a laptop. I'd imagine it's going to weigh a ton, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.