Gamers I hate

• 79 results
#1 Posted by Dj (913 posts) -

Fan Fans: These are the people that have a running fan pointed at their microphone.  The low drumming noise makes me want to punch the uncomfortable gamer right in the face. 

Karaoke Rejects: Typically "No Handle Bars" , "Lollipop", and "Don't Stop Believing" are horribly abused as these gamers scream their lungs out to everyone one else in the game.

What gamer do you despise most?
#2 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

Heavy breathers...ugh...

#3 Posted by Soulless (143 posts) -

Most people on GTA4 multiplayer.

I'm absolutely sick of hearing at least two wannabe "Gangstas" in every match I join.

#4 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -

Darth Vader -  The guy who is probably so out of shape, he breaths heavily when pushing buttons around. And right into the microphone. Yuk!

#5 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

Kids.

#6 Posted by Carlos (504 posts) -

Those that sound like little kids with high pitched voices that cuss the hell out of you in a game they probably shouldnt even be playing

#7 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

-kids, or more appropriately, immature players
-people who at the end of a match trash talk, irregardless of whether or not their team won or lost. (ex. lol u nubs got PWNDDDDIZL'd get raped; u no life loser hacker nerd, ill find out where you live and kick ur ass!)
-20something stuck up douchebags
-the black guy who always pulls the race card yet constantly spews racist remarks
-racist people
-girls that never shut up but suck so horribly (not saying all girls are bad players, but i would say that 99/100 if you hear a girl, shes last place on her team)
-chocolate milk kid, angry german kid, WoW kid, hobbes, and all those annoying kids who found internet fame the hard way

#8 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Gamers with crappy microphones and pick up everything in the room they are in.
So if they have the TV volume too high you hear everything they hear.

#9 Posted by Txheat (133 posts) -

Any body really 10-14 they are the most rude, they seem to think that cussing makes them that much better than me which i find quick funny. anyone can cuss.

#10 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -
Bennyishere said:
"Kids."

#11 Posted by Monty_The_Great (178 posts) -

you.

for making this thread.

#12 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
Carlos said:
"Those that sound like little kids with high pitched voices that cuss the hell out of you in a game they probably shouldn't even be playing
"
  That drives me crazy too. I don't really mind a fan on the microphone though. I also hate when I win an online game (ex: Halo 3) by a lot of points and people report me for cheating, that drives me insane.
#13 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1035 posts) -

People that try to tell me how to properly play a game. For instance, some jackass drilled me on the proper usage of double damage power-ups in UT III the other day. I kept my mouth shut, but I was just about to tell him the proper usage for a spiked dildo...

#14 Posted by Nik_NYG (558 posts) -

The 12 year old racists.

#15 Posted by Player1 (3864 posts) -

Ones who play music in the backround, but all you hear is a faint buzz. Very annoying. Also the british guys who stereotype americans, and think we all suck at "their" game.

And all the stuff above me. 
#16 Posted by xGenuinex (13 posts) -

People who think spawn killing/camping is acceptable behaviour. I leave more feedback on spawn killers than anything else

#17 Posted by mattz (33 posts) -

Anyone (mostly kids) who get way to mad about losing and then go psycho.

#18 Edited by Box3ru13 (703 posts) -

bigots

music playing

loud background noise (was playing RSV2 and had a baby crying over the mic WTF)

ppl who dont have mics

ppl who suck at the game and ruin it for me (seriously why play if u go 0-20?)

#19 Posted by Hannibal (863 posts) -
Dj said:
"Fan Fans: These are the people that have a running fan pointed at their microphone.  The low drumming noise makes me want to punch the uncomfortable gamer right in the face.
Sorry bout that. My ceiling fan is right over my chair and it gets really hot in here :(
#20 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

People trying to impress their friends who can be heard in the background by acting like a jack ass

#21 Posted by TomServo (199 posts) -

every single person on xbox live is an idiot, unlike people on psn. Possibly because the console costs more so it's more high class.

#22 Posted by x3ar (236 posts) -

its got to be high pitched sqeakers, skilless players

#23 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

Kids.

#24 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

Kids.

#25 Posted by xGenuinex (13 posts) -
TomServo said:
"every single person on xbox live is an idiot, unlike people on psn. Possibly because the console costs more so it's more high class."
You're on PSN, so one has to imagine it's no different than Live.
#26 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

So that's why people say "Do you have a fan on in your room"...

I  seeee.....

#27 Posted by capitanm1 (205 posts) -

I hate the fat ones

#28 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -
TomServo said:
"every single person on xbox live is an idiot, unlike people on psn. Possibly because the console costs more so it's more high class."

I don't think it costing $50 - $100 more means that it all of a sudden has nothing but 'high class' people.

But, to reply to main post, I hate people that trash talk and lose. I mean, if you play enough to get incredibly skilled, then you can tell me how much you "pwn" at something, but not when you can't even beat me. Then you just look like an ass.
#29 Posted by nezze00 (144 posts) -

-Screamers, yellers
-Wannabe gangster types
-Im better than everyone so screw all of you ppl
-Abusers, griefers
-Girls who use their gender as an excuse to shout profanities or have xbl sex with everyone

#30 Posted by Leon31 (125 posts) -
Xeros606 said:
"-kids, or more appropriately, immature players
-people who at the end of a match trash talk, irregardless of whether or not their team won or lost. (ex. lol u nubs got PWNDDDDIZL'd get raped; u no life loser hacker nerd, ill find out where you live and kick ur ass!)
-the black guy who always pulls the race card yet constantly spews racist remarks
-racist people
-girls that never shut up but suck so horribly (not saying all girls are bad players, but i would say that 99/100 if you hear a girl, shes last place on her team)
-chocolate milk kid, angry german kid, WoW kid, hobbes, and all those annoying kids who found internet fame the hard way
"
Big time, especially those that see fit to try to make fun of you one way or another(your name, talking trash about friends and family, etc.). I swear they are the reason why I don't go on live often.
#31 Posted by Apollo (471 posts) -

The people who think they are great when they aren't and point out that they whipped you after the match when you dominated them
The people who think they are great when they just get in your way all the damn time.

#32 Posted by License_To_Bill (792 posts) -

I run into a lot of people that decide the general public (or, you know, room) absolutely needs to hear them sing. I don't think they even wanna sing because they enjoy it. They're... showing off their music. Or voice.

Also, people with their TV's so loud, they cause the microphone to give a constant sound of rape. They will be the death of the world.

Guys (and this is, like, every other guy) who find the funniest thing in the world to be the phrase "your mom" when faced with any type of question. Every person on the internets should have a testicle removed everytime they say "your mom" in an 'insulting' way.

#33 Edited by SG_Mahonay (105 posts) -

90 percent of the people I run into on XBL.  Lucky for me I belong to a gaming community dedicated to escaping the goons of online gaming.

#34 Edited by ArisShadows (15 posts) -
xGenuinex said: xGenuinex said:
"TomServo said:
I own both, so where do I fit?  People put grief on the whole XBL community when it a very small group of inviduals who act out of line, speak BS, or something out of those lines. I shouldn't assume all of PS3 owners are arrogant, because of people who act out like you, should I?

#35 Posted by Dual (47 posts) -

The people who don't have a mic.

#36 Posted by Gobbles (4 posts) -

13 year old white kids that act like gangsters...'nuff said.

#37 Posted by Vytorious (99 posts) -

I love the power of the mute button.

#38 Posted by PyroMenace (46 posts) -

I refuse to game using mics. I mean taking on pick up groups in WoW was bad enough when nobody is even using a mic. Type chatting in general can get pretty bad so the whole concept of hearing those kinds of people speak freely into your ear blows my mind. Unless its with friends, Im always on mute because gaming angry sucks.

#39 Posted by GiantBomber (350 posts) -
PyroMenace said:
"I refuse to game using mics. I mean taking on pick up groups in WoW was bad enough when nobody is even using a mic. Type chatting in general can get pretty bad so the whole concept of hearing those kinds of people speak freely into your ear blows my mind. Unless its with friends, Im always on mute because gaming angry sucks.
"

I've noticed that also, I play much better when im not talking through my mic. You're more focused.

I hate that girls voice that turns out to be 10 year old boy who sucks at games, and still has the nerve to trash talk.
#40 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -
Leon31 said:
"Xeros606 said:
"-kids, or more appropriately, immature players
-racist people
"
Big time, especially those that see fit to try to make fun of you one way or another(your name, talking trash about friends and family, etc.). I swear they are the reason why I don't go on live often.
"
alternatively, you can play games where nobody uses the mid. :D sometimes i think epic made the chat controls in ut3 hellish for a reason.
#41 Posted by Dollarbill (12 posts) -

Angry gamers - its just a game (or am i wrong ;) )

#42 Posted by kratos (208 posts) -

racists, people blast music into there mic, and people who have there game volume all the way up and blast it in there mic.

#43 Posted by BothBarsOn (100 posts) -

I hate about 90% of the people I've encountered on Live. It's depressing.

#44 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -

People that dont shut up and there is a certain type of English accent that drives my crazy.....im not sure what part its from.

#45 Posted by pbhawks45 (736 posts) -

God, the loud Linkin Park sounding music playing in the background is like nails to a fucking chalkboard.

#46 Posted by LuffyUzumaki (453 posts) -

okay guys listen to this im playing cod4 and im with two of my friends. And these two little kids start fighting about who's turn it is to play its hilarious. they're like mom said its my turn to play,and the other kids like no its my turn to play. in these nasal little voices. Pure comedy.

#47 Posted by Peacemaker (1104 posts) -

Tough guy in real life is usually funny.  "YO, if you saw me in real life I would kick your ass". 
Basically anyone obnoxious or annoying I hate playing with.  I haven't really had any bad experiences with annoying people playing Bad Company surprisingly.

#48 Posted by Colino (146 posts) -
Sdodd412 said:
"Heavy breathers...ugh...
"
Yup, I call them "horses" XD

It drives me nuts! I also hate the ones that insult you in every way they can as soon as you throw a mild suggestion at them (like "try not to breath so hard").
#49 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -
  • Those who can not speak a sentence without omitting every other word with vulgarity or profanity.
  • The aspiring rap artist who has absolutely no talent...
  • The annoying, pre-pubescent child screaming repetitively into his mike..
  • Anyone who uses the words "rape" or "pwn" .....I mean come on, pick up a thesaurus and be original with your trash talk for a change
  • Racism and/or Sexism in any form
  • That one guy who honestly believes there are gaming gods and they have blessed him with superiority above all
  • Those that do not understand that "team deathmatch" is meant to be played as a team.  Communication is key here and yet it's hardly ever cohesive...
#50 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

I dislike these ones the most...
-People who curse for no reason, especially girls...no offense
-Little Kids that talk the whole time
-Little Kids :P
-Wiggers (among my least favorite)
-People that think they can beat you up in real life

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.