Games with gold predictions: September

#1 Posted by Tobiass (150 posts) -

What game do you think Microsoft will throw at us This Sunday, September 1st?

My money is on sneak king, or if they're nice... the whole series of Burger King games.

Either that, or something obscure like Sega all stars ...Tennis.

#2 Edited by Morningstar (2240 posts) -

I'd play some Sneak King.

#3 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (3029 posts) -

I wonder how some games of this generation will be remembered. I don't think I would have even remembered Sneak King if it had not been brought up this week on GB.

#4 Edited by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

It needs to be something old and that a lot of people have played already.

Gears of War 1?

#5 Posted by Phr4nk0 (350 posts) -

No joke but I'd be all over those Burger King Games lol

#6 Posted by JayEH (533 posts) -

Crysis? They gave away Dead Rising 2 last week, so I'm guessing they're trying to get people to get interested in XONE launch line up. Though Ryse isn't a FPS, but I guess we'll see. Maybe Halo 3 will finally be free. (but who hasn't played that already?)

#8 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2404 posts) -

My guess will always be Halo 3 until it actually comes out

#9 Posted by OurSin_360 (947 posts) -

Gears of war 1 or some obscure arcade title

#10 Edited by Corvak (1172 posts) -

Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts

#11 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Those Burger King games (besides Sneak King) were pretty damn fun to play with a buddy.

#12 Edited by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I'm gonna guess Splinter Cell: Conviction. Considering that the sequel was just released.

#13 Edited by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

Madden 07

#14 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

@corvak said:

Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts

Yes, this is what I want instead of Halo 3 (already have it)

#15 Posted by schreiberty (208 posts) -

I would like to see viva pinata

#16 Edited by GreggD (4515 posts) -

@jayeh said:

Crysis? They gave away Dead Rising 2 last week, so I'm guessing they're trying to get people to get interested in XONE launch line up. Though Ryse isn't a FPS, but I guess we'll see. Maybe Halo 3 will finally be free. (but who hasn't played that already?)

Me.

#17 Posted by NM_Che56 (2 posts) -

AU's dashboard was showing Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 as the Sept. 1 game. God, I hope not. I hate card games. To me, at least, they are soooooooooooooo boring. I play video games to see the concepts behind those kind of games (and any pen/paper RPG) brought to life: i.e., animated characters, live action, etc. I don't get the thrill of seeing the mechanics of cards being turned and dice being rolled. For the love of Spock, what will we see next? Smartglass application that allows you to actually simulate pen/paper?!

#18 Edited by Humanity (10070 posts) -

Well we can be safe with the knowledge that whatever it will be you can be sure that people will complain about it.

#19 Edited by TMBaker (232 posts) -

Really hoping for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts or a Viva Piñata game.

#20 Posted by EchoEcho (837 posts) -

@nm_che56 said:

AU's dashboard was showing Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 as the Sept. 1 game. God, I hope not. I hate card games. To me, at least, they are soooooooooooooo boring. I play video games to see the concepts behind those kind of games (and any pen/paper RPG) brought to life: i.e., animated characters, live action, etc. I don't get the thrill of seeing the mechanics of cards being turned and dice being rolled. For the love of Spock, what will we see next? Smartglass application that allows you to actually simulate pen/paper?!

I get where you're coming from, but there's a reason some people (like myself) enjoy digital versions of card and board games: they automate the rules and allow you to focus on playing the game without having to worry about all the easy-to-forget minutiae, especially when you've got a full board with all sorts of things to keep track of. It's also a much easier to way to introduce a game like MtG to someone who's never played it before.

#21 Posted by IIGrayFoxII (305 posts) -

I believe your best bet is to look at future sequel releases (50 % of them already have been, the case with Dead Rising and Assassins Creed). With that in mind I would guess:

• Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA5 releases in September)
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum (Batman: Arkham Origins releases in October)
  • Halo 3 (featured when they announced the program)
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Battlefield 4 released in October)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Call of Duty: Ghosts in November)
#22 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2404 posts) -

Magic the Gathering 2013 has been confirmed for Sept. 1st as well as Rainbow Six Vegas for the 16th

majornelson.com/2013/08/30/games-with-gold-for-september-magic-2013-and-tom-clancys-rainbow-six-vegas/

#23 Posted by HatKing (6108 posts) -

@echoecho said:

@nm_che56 said:

I get where you're coming from, but there's a reason some people (like myself) enjoy digital versions of card and board games: they automate the rules and allow you to focus on playing the game without having to worry about all the easy-to-forget minutiae, especially when you've got a full board with all sorts of things to keep track of. It's also a much easier to way to introduce a game like MtG to someone who's never played it before.

Also, a lot of those types of games do insert animations and character models that wouldn't be possible with just the cards. I've never really played much of any card games, but I'd absolutely be interested in trying one out if they gave it to me.

#24 Posted by HatKing (6108 posts) -

@echoecho said:

@nm_che56 said:

Also, a lot of those types of games do insert animations and character models that wouldn't be possible with just the cards. I've never really played much of any card games, but I'd absolutely be interested in trying one out if they gave it to me.

#25 Posted by Kedi2 (255 posts) -

Ugh, such a disappointment compared to last month. We get a game I don't care about in the slightest (Magic), and a game I played ages ago (Rainbow Six).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.