Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Games you'd say I should play on XBLA.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, right now, I'm on the XBLA menu, and I'm going to go through the menu of the games I don't have but am interested in; some I already know about, some of which I don't really. I'll even add ones I see and think look interesting as I go and hadn't thought about previously, and I'd appreciate it if you guys can recommend me any of them, perhaps one above another, so I can tell which one I should play first. Just know, there's quite a lot of them because I didn't have a job when most of these games came out, so I couldn't buy them, but got a few great titles (like Outland; Shadow Complex; Scott Pilgrim and what have you) due to my brother being interested in them enough to buy them himself. Anyways, here we go.

• Any of The Walking Dead games.
    • Brothers
    • Terraria
    • Spelunky
    • Super Meat Boy
    • Fez
    • Limbo
    • Lara Croft: GoL
    • Mark of The Ninja
    • Dust: An Elysian Tail
    • Bastion
    • Exit
    • Exit 2 (Wow, I knew of the first, but didn't know of a sequel...)
    • I Am Alive

Alright, there you have it, those are the games. What do you think? I know, I know, it's a sin that didn't play some of these. Oh, and there's also Beyond Good and Evil, but I didn't add it because I already have it on the original Xbox, but the thing is I never actually beat it. Not sure if I should buy the HD version, or take out the old Xbox and play it if I wanted to (which I don't). My real question is, which order would you say buy and play them in? Thanks in advance :).

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Definitely pick up Brothers and I Am Alive while they're both on sale. I haven't played either beyond the trial versions but they were pretty awesome.

Impressions of the ones from that list I own and have played:

• Walking Dead: First season was fantastic and I'm already liking Season Two even more. (Buy)
    • Spelunky: It's pretty damn difficult but oddly I always feel inspired to try again and again. Definitely not for everyone. (Try)
    • Super Meat Boy: My biggest surprise of 2010. Tight platformer. (Buy)
    • Fez: I think the design is brilliant but something about it never quite gripped me. Maybe it was because of Phil Fish. (Try)
    • Limbo: Fantastic game, can't praise the design enough. (Buy)
    • Mark of the Ninja: This game is pretty sick but I never got around to finishing it. (Still Buy though!)
    • Dust: It's pretty good. The story is interesting, characters are great, looks gorgeous, and it's fun to play. (Buy)
    • Bastion: It's pretty good. Not as great as GB will tell you but still worthy of trying. (Try)

Note: Even though I rate the games on a Buy/Try/Skip scale I'd still recommend trying all the free trials before purchasing. Just to make sure you like them.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Playing Brothers now and it's pretty good. Get it while it's cheap. Only other two I played on your list are Dust and Lara Croft: GoL. Both are very good and I recommend them too.

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The list you have above is a great starting point. I'd also recommend these:

• Trials
    • Trials Evolution
    • Battlefield 1942 (if the servers are still up)
    • Joe Danger
    • Geometry Wars
    • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
    • Braid
    • Costume Quest
    • Lucidity (one of XBLA's hidden gems, IMO)
    • Rock Band: Blitz
    • Stacking
    pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pantzing_nome
    • Wolf Among Us: The first episode of the is free until December 31.
    • Dead Rising Case Zero
    • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
    • Splosion Man
    • Ms Splosion Man
    YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By YI_Orange

I have to disagree with @turtlebird95 about Bastion. It was my Game of the Year for 2011(somehow even beating Dark Souls) and all around fantastic game.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Definitely play Mark of the Ninja.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

@realph said:

The list you have above is a great starting point. I'd also recommend these:

• Trials
    • Trials Evolution
    • Battlefield 1942 (if the servers are still up)
    • Joe Danger
    • Geometry Wars
    • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
    • Braid
    • Costume Quest
    • Lucidity (one of XBLA's hidden gems, IMO)
    • Rock Band: Blitz
    • Stacking

The ones I added were the ones I wanted to play, but also the only ones I added because I may already have ones I hadn't listed, or simply am not interested in. I have and beat Braid, and have Battlefield 1942, played it for a little bit but am not a multiplayer type of person. Thanks for the other recommendations, but like you said, the ones I mentioned are good starting points, so I'll be trying those first.

@pantzing_nome said:
    • Wolf Among Us: The first episode of the is free until December 31.
    • Dead Rising Case Zero
    • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
    • Splosion Man
    • Ms Splosion Man

I have and love Blood Dragon, and have Dead Rising Case Zero, that was alright. Thanks for those recommendations. I actually don't have Xbox Live anymore, and I'm guessing Wolf Among Us isn't free for non live users. I used to have a debit card, but not anymore, so I'd have to get one. Right now I'm going to have to ask my brother, and then I can immediately pay him back in cash.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I may be alone in this, but I'd say Orcs Must Die! is totally worth playing.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should get Uno.

I have no idea is people play Uno on 360 anymore, but that is my most played 360 game

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By DarthOrange

Deadlight is probably my favorite XBLA game. It kinda gets iffy in the middle and the story is dumb but I liked the aesthetic.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By MetalBaofu

I had fun with the XBLA versions of Half-Minute Hero and Clash of Heroes. Others I would recommend have already been mentioned: Mark of the Ninja, Dust, Bastion, Wolf Among Us, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to disagree with @turtlebird95 about Bastion. It was my Game of the Year for 2011(somehow even beating Dark Souls) and all around fantastic game.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Bastion. Just not as much as the rest of GiantBomb lol

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bigjeffrey

pac man ce dx bro

pantzing_nome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: I think its free for everyone because its grouped in with the year end deal and not the deal of the week(which is gold only)

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I would second a lot of the games on here, like Bastion for example, but I wanted to add another to the list - Fusion: Genesis. Fun little top down space shooter with some RPG elements. There are MMO aspects too but there aren't enough players at this point.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@ntm: I think its free for everyone because its grouped in with the year end deal and not the deal of the week(which is gold only)

Yeah, I got it just fine and don't have gold anymore. And will probably never play it because I already have it on PS3, but I figured I might as well grab it since it was free.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.