Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Gaming Headset

Avatar image for darkenzanarikado
    DarkEnzanArikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarkEnzanArikado

What do you recommend for gaming like in CoD. I have heard people using the Astro and the Turtle Beach, what are your opinions?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

I use the standard 360 headset for all of my games, so I would recommend that.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

I use Turtle Beach.  I got the wired one so I didn't have to deal with batteries, and my brother has a pair as well.  It's great, you put them on and you can barely hear anything outside of your game.  You can hear footsteps and people reloading their weapons far away, as well as team mates voices very clearly.
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx1/home.aspx

Oh, and I had to buy mine off of Ebay because turtle beach doesn't ship to Canada yet, but I think they are going to eventually.

DarkEnzanArikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DarkEnzanArikado

How long are the cables, because I have a 40" Tv in my room which is about like 5-6 feet away.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By maxszy
    DarkEnzanArikado said:
    "How long are the cables, because I have a 40" Tv in my room which is about like 5-6 feet away."
    I don't have a pair... But I would assume that they just plug into your controller, not the actual console. So it shouldn't be an issue.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JoelTGM
    DarkEnzanArikado said:
    "How long are the cables, because I have a 40" Tv in my room which is about like 5-6 feet away."
    The wire is 16 feet long.
    It gets power by plugging into your 360's usb port (there's a usb port in the back of your 360, not talking about controller ports), and then it goes onto to plug into your TV's audio.  On the other end, it has a a volume control (amp) on the wire, which has also has a mute switch for your mic, and it plugs into your controller from there.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

The wireless 360 headset is great i love it.
    ergonomic, sounds great...ect

DarkEnzanArikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarkEnzanArikado

Alright cool, thanks. Yeah I know the headset is great, but I am not using it for just talking though, also for hearing sounds and stuff.

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shimbibby

I have the Tritton AX360, and I URGE you, as well as anyone who reads this, to not even bother with this headset. Yes it's 5.1 dolby digital, but the Center and rear channel speakers sound like tin cans - VERY flat. Not really any bass, just a "rumble" feature to emulate bass. I've spent numerous hours fiddling with the many settings to try and get a nice sound, but whenever you hear voices or sounds coming from behind you, just forget about it. The only sound I found to be acceptable was when you heard sound coming from the front speakers.

Just wanted to get that frustration out.
    As for suggestions, the Astro A40's seem pretty good.

I am actually going to be ordering the astro mixamp and use my AKG K240 headphones for "surround sound." Although its emulated, i've heard that the astro mixamp works wonders when paired with a good set of stereo headphones.
    The great thing about the mixamp is that you can hook up any microphone to it, and adjust the volume from the mixamp.

The A40's are like $250, (mixamp+headset)
    the mixamp alone is $130 + whatever headphones you want.

Other good choices are the Turtle beach X1's ($50) and the X3's ($100)

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By kush

You would have to be more specific...are you looking for something nice, or just something that gives you the ability to talk and listen to other players. I just use the official wireless headset because I got it for free and it works fine for me.

DarkEnzanArikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DarkEnzanArikado

I looking for a headset that's for gaming pretty much like playing CoD. Like being able to hear the audio through my headset and hear people talk because the tv speakers aren't so great and a surround system isn't happening.

mossman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By mossman93

I have the Astro A40 headphones.  They're a bit pricey but they are amazing.  It's like surround sound.  Plus they work with almost anything, not just 360.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By CenturionCajun

I've been using the standard wired one since the console came out. The sound quality is good and the mic works fine. I've never had a need for anything else.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

DOUBLESHOCK said:
    "I use Turtle Beach.  I got the wired one so I didn't have to deal with batteries, and my brother has a pair as well.  It's great, you put them on and you can barely hear anything outside of your game.  You can hear footsteps and people reloading their weapons far away, as well as team mates voices very clearly.
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx1/home.aspx

Oh, and I had to buy mine off of Ebay because turtle beach doesn't ship to Canada yet, but I think they are going to eventually."
    My friend has these, and he can hear people planting claymores or throwing C4 as well.
    DarkEnzanArikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DarkEnzanArikado

Yeah, I am thinking of investing in the Astro A40s. Money isn't a problem since I have some saved up. Thanks for the replies though.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Xandurson

I use and love the wireless 360 headset, but many people love the Turtle Beach headset.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ParanoidFreak

The A40's are the best money can buy, I have a pair and really enjoy them. Turtle Beach is also good for the price.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I used the headset that came with my cellphone and it works great.

I got another headset when I had my phone replaced so now I have two headsets for free.

DarkEnzanArikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarkEnzanArikado

Yeah, I will probably end up getting the Astros down the road for a  long investment.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Wolverine

The official wireless head set

oNsJUGGERNAUT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oNsJUGGERNAUT

I used to have a turtle beach, but it broke its a good headset and I would recommend it. but now I have the Tritton Ax360 nice surround sound headset.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.