Gaming Marathons

#1 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

At some point, we all find a game we become quite engaged with and spend many hours with a controller in our hands.  So, my question is how long have you spent playing a game on your 360, without turning your console off or stepping away for extended periods of time? 

#2 Edited by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -

It all started with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, this game is mad addictive and I found myself at one time playing for eight hours straight.

PS... That was all eight hours on Xbox Live, the best multiplayer to ddate.

#3 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

28 hours while I was playing Gears.

#4 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

16 hours gears of war

#5 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

I played Halo 2 for around 11 hours.

#6 Posted by Bladefire (214 posts) -

Halo: CE on system link for 16 hours with my friend on the same tv.

#7 Posted by musicalmac (41 posts) -

Marathon?! Oh sorry.. I read Marathon and got really excited. Bungie FTW.

(methinks this too will get lost with the young)

#8 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

A few months ago me and my friends had a massive Diablo II marathon going, but I cannot remember the amount of time spent. 

#9 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

I played Call of Duty for probably 4-5 hours straight, but I can't really play games that long without doing something else in between.

#10 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

When the 360 came out, I must have played all night, I looked at the clock and it was 6:30, I was shocked.

#11 Posted by ArmTheNuke (59 posts) -

When Halo 2 came out I recall being sick, and basically spent the whole day home from school finishing up the single player campaign, which would probably be roughly 8 or so hours.

#12 Posted by TullyAckland (237 posts) -

When Gears was first released me and a few friends had an 8 player LAN at our house. 13 hours later we decided to stop and order a pizza / pass out... good times

#13 Posted by TinyGrenade (141 posts) -

Call of Duty 4 for about five hours then switched to Mass Effect right after for an 8 hour run.

#14 Edited by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
Under usual circumstances i usually drink an alcoholic beverage when gaming. My gaming sessions tend not to last overly long due to that fact.
#15 Edited by whackmypinata (941 posts) -

I was sick when Brawl came out. Like 8 hours in one sitting to beat the Subspace Emissary.
That's not for the 360, but it's all I can remember.

#16 Posted by Dj (913 posts) -

During winter break one year I recall spending 8-10 hours of Final Fantasy X every day.

#17 Posted by RelentlessKnight (963 posts) -

nine hours of Grand Theft Auto IV, its really addicting

#18 Posted by Hans16 (46 posts) -

when I first played GTA IV is was a few hours straight

#19 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

20 hours straight with some friends in System Link with Halo 3, surprisingly none of our two 360s died afterwords.

#20 Posted by EnderX80 (23 posts) -

I think once I played Oblivion for like 11 hours or something. This was when it first came out mind you and there really wasn't much to play at the time.

#21 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

I think it was Oblivion with 8-9 hours straight.

#22 Posted by x3ar (236 posts) -

16 hours of halo 2 probably

#23 Posted by LuffyUzumaki (453 posts) -

cod4 12 hrs. dammmmmmmn addictive

#24 Posted by Pygmahia (23 posts) -

i would have to say around 5 hrs maybe. with friends maybe more, idk.

#25 Edited by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

46 Hours with the H3 Launch
The amount of RedBull Consumed was insane.

#26 Posted by odyssey1988 (8 posts) -

back when Halo 2 was out i'd play anywhere from 8-14 hours a Day for about the first 3 months of its launch and average about 5 hours  a day for the first year it was out. since then i haven't played nearly as much. But when the Halo 3 beta came out i broke my 14 hour record and played the beta for 18 straight hours. very recently I played Halo 3 again for about 18 hours straight again and that still holds as my record.

#27 Posted by Logan_Aybara (70 posts) -

I played Mass Effect for 17 straight hours when it first came out.  My eyes hurt after that.

#28 Posted by justsayin (4 posts) -

I played both Gears and Oblivion 13 hours straight on several occasions.

#29 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -
Logan_Aybara said:
"I played Mass Effect for 17 straight hours when it first came out.  My eyes hurt after that.
"
Yeah mass effect was one of those games that made time really fly
#30 Posted by grim0451 (8 posts) -

I usually have difficulty playing a game for more then 2 or so hours straight unless I'm really into it, but on 360 I played oblivion for about 5 hours with barely a few 5-10 minute breaks during to go on the computer or get a drink.

#31 Posted by Bombzilla (34 posts) -

Being that I am a Dad with lots of stuff going on, I find it tough to game for a couple of hours now (maybe some of you understand).  I did play GTA4 recently for 13 hours, though!  I did take some breaks to attend some stuff around the house, but an all day gaming session like that happens very rarely for me anymore. 

#32 Posted by Wolverine (4280 posts) -

12 hours or so playing Halo 2, I was so addicted to that game.

#33 Posted by brooklyngrenade (446 posts) -

My main buddies and I from gamespot had this crew who would play Gears everyday. I remember one of those days we had a 10 hour marathon, it was awesome.

#34 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

Probably between Mass Effect and Call of Duty 4's multiplayer. I don't recall which one would of been longer,but it had to be at least 14-15 hours on a day off.

#35 Posted by Death_Cab (2 posts) -

Oblivion for 10 hours straight and lost odyssey for 16 hours straight.

#36 Posted by DeathStar (253 posts) -

15 hours  - oblivion =]

#37 Posted by Major (506 posts) -

16-18 hours when GTA IV launched... I even got it at midnight too - Which is rare for me.. I usually don't get hyped up enough for stuff to feel the need to get something first

#38 Posted by SlimDogg (159 posts) -

Back at the launch of Halo 3 ...took off work that week . Stayed on Halo3 for 30 hrs straight. Not including waiting in line at the midnight launch.

#39 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

Well it was a Half-Life 2 marathon for me....I just know I started the game and did not stop until I was finished. 

#40 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

About 10 hours on GTA IV, but I've done much, much worse on the PC.

#41 Posted by ZimpanX (420 posts) -

About a year ago I played Blue Dragon for 10 hours straight and cleared the first disc ( out of 3 )

#42 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

I played Earth Defense Force 2017 Co-op for 7 hours straight. I love that game.

#43 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Probably the most time I ever spent without moving is most likely World of Warcraft. I can do it with any game, but WoW is just different. Don't like it anymore but, you understand.

#44 Posted by blackwolf (24 posts) -

8 hours on gears of war I could have played longer but didn’t want the console to melt.

#45 Posted by nhlkiller (7 posts) -

Bioshock the day it came out I played that game for 8 hours straight and it was intenseee

#46 Posted by Arestice (468 posts) -

mass effect I played it for 9 hours strait and became horribly disgusted with the game. I haven't beat it yet and I dont think I will ever play it again. it was good but I can't get back in the groove to play it anymore.

GTA IV I played that for about 13 hours strait the first day I got it. then slept, and the next day continued for another 7 hours until my box finally got the RROD.

FF 12 I played for literally 20 hours strait.

And finally pokemon pearl I played for 8 hours on the day it was released.

Oh ya, I forgot about WoW. I used to live off of it and not sleep during week ends. But  I can't look at WoW anymore; I'm sick of it.

#47 Posted by filiwian (249 posts) -

I don't  have a 360 but I'm guessing Gears of War since it's all the hype..

#48 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

i played gears of war for god knows how long.

#49 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1405 posts) -

Mass effect complete 17hours walkthrough... Didn't stop til I was done before playing it again another week later :P

#50 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes. I started it and played it non-stop from begining to end. I did the same with Call of Duty 4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.