Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Gears of War 3 brought up more questions than it answered

manhunter1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By manhunter1000

They did it to us again. The things we wanted to know were barely touched on. For example, everybody figured Adam Fenix had something to do with the Locust. We got hints that told us that he knew them before E Day, which Baird points out. But what are the Locust and how did they come to be, that is still a mystery. Three freaking games and still no answers. What the hell Blezinski,

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Afroman269

Eh, I got what I wanted out of the game. I don't need an origin story for the Locust. I'm fine with the idea that they were just another type of intelligent species that were living underground. The only real plot holes that I had a minor issue with was the origin of the Locust Queen just because she is basically a human, notice how she didn't die from those waves. The other thing is the secret facility from Gears 2. My only guess about that is that it was used a some kind of human/locust hybrid experimentation facility but there was no more info on it. Even after all that, I'm still satisfied with what was told.

Oh and ya, you need to put up a spoiler warning.

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By birchman

Sometimes it's nice to just think for yourself, you know, sort of like a good movie. I had no problem with the answers that were given to me.

I also agree that you could use a spoiler warning.

manhunter1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By manhunter1000

@_Horde said:

Sometimes it's nice to just think for yourself, you know, sort of like a good movie. I had no problem with the answers that were given to me.

I also agree that you could use a spoiler warning.

What answers did you get exactly? Seriously!!!

and sorry about the spoiler warning I forgot

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

I'm kinda with Brad in what he said during the bombcast.....   why does Myrrah look like a human!!!?  They never answer it :(

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Branthog

It didn't leave me with any unanswered questions, because I barely remember anything about the story arc. I've finished all three games and what I remember of the story is "the planet was attacked by aliens... or bugs... or something... and the roided-out military dudes fought them". It's pretty generic and while the games are good and the story compelling enough while playing, they're nothing special. I remember two things about the second game. Dom's wife being shot and going through that worm. I remember pretty much nothing from the first game. And in a month, I doubt I'll remember much of anything from the third game. So . . . I got everything I needed answered, because nothing really needed answering. It just isn't that kind of a story.

manhunter1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By manhunter1000

@Marz said:

I'm kinda with Brad in what he said during the bombcast..... why does Myrrah look like a human!!!? They never answer it :(

and why didn't the machine kill her?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By AndrewB

I wouldn't call the plot generic, just unnecessary. I kind of respect the Gears series for knowing it has a somewhat useless plot and focusing on shooting gameplay. Two games and I had no idea who the Stranded were, why there were murderous crows that came out at night, why Marcus was in prison, or pretty much anything about the enemy we were fighting (most of that might be due to me not even paying attention to it even though it might have been explained). I was just cover-based-shooting my way through hordes of AI. That's all I wanted that game for.

And sort of like LOST where the writers had little idea where they were going with the series, it sounds like it ends in the same fashion of finishing up character story arcs but not the actual plot. It also leaves the universe open for another game, which you can bet will be coming someday.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Wait...why is this in the Xbox 360 forums?

djfantastica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By djfantastica

I was hoping that Queen Myrrah was going to turn out to be Marcus' mother, that Adam Fenix and the Queen of the Locusts had a little summer fling and Marcus was the resulting lovechild. That the events since E-day were just the results of a long drawn out custody battle.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By CL60

@Branthog said:

I've finished all three games and what I remember of the story is "the planet was attacked by aliens... or bugs... or something... and the roided-out military dudes fought them". It's pretty generic and while the games are good and the story compelling enough while playing, they're nothing special.

The planet was never attacked by aliens.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Branthog
    @CL60 said:

@Branthog said:

I've finished all three games and what I remember of the story is "the planet was attacked by aliens... or bugs... or something... and the roided-out military dudes fought them". It's pretty generic and while the games are good and the story compelling enough while playing, they're nothing special.

The planet was never attacked by aliens.

See? I've played all three games and yet remember nearly nothing of it. Speaks to how bland and uninteresting the story was. Good games, but damn...
    AbeTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AbeTheGreatest

I was too busy killing stuff to think about the story

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Branthog: Might speak more about your attention spam than the quality of the games' story.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Branthog
    @allworkandlowpay said:

@Branthog: Might speak more about your attention spam than the quality of the games' story.

Yeah, that's gotta be it. It's a regular Citizen Kane.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Branthog: You seem to be the only person on this forum that's had trouble following the story. Let's look internally before taking it external.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.