Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

GIANT POLL: The BEST retail Xbox 360 game - read all before voting!

• 98 results
    Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contrarian

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Contrarian

Welcome to the biggest Xbox 360 game poll on Giantbomb (may or may not be true).

The games are listed by their ranking on Metacritic, so best at the top. However, at number 100, which is F.E.A.R., then I just added some of the highlights of the games that fell outside the 100. Those are arbitrary on my part, but I looked for the most well known titles. There are 139 choices in total, so I did try to find the limit to how many options you can add to a poll.

Explain why you voted for what you chose, it will make for interesting conversation. I genuinely want to know why you like and enjoy what you chose.

There is no wrong answer, your vote is always the right vote. So get voting for Hannah Montana right now!

As for me, I am going for a game unlikely to get more than my vote:

Eternal Sonata.

I love JRPG, it is the staple of my gaming. It has the gorgeous graphics, the most beautiful classical music and a story I genuinely liked. It didn’t sell that well, but I hope they continue to make these kind of games, but more importantly, that they get an English translation.

I might point out that I have about 90ish games for the 360 and about 65 of the games on that list, as near as I can figure.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: It doesn't matter what platform a game is available for. You own an Xbox 360, the the questioon is simple, "WHAT IS THE BEST GAME ON IT". You own the Xbox 360, you bought and played the games, what was the best one.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cincaid

Other: Just Cause 2

Simply because that game is fucking awesome.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

Lost Odyssey.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Enigma777

Halo Wars. Best console RTS ever and one of my favorite RTS period. Shame we'll never get a sequel...

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Contrarian

@Enigma777 said:

Halo Wars. Best console RTS ever and one of my favorite RTS period. Shame we'll never get a sequel...

The ONLY Halo game I have ever enjoyed.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joeyoe31

Viva Piñata because that game is freakin' amazing. All the shit you can do, all the customizable stuff, all the objectives and lasting replay value, the "this is yours" concept that I love do much from Pokemon. God it was great. Wish that game had a better sequel. Trouble in Paradise just wasn't the same...

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By HadesTimes

Going for Gears of War 3. Awesome single player, awesome multiplayer. While I did enjoy #1 and 2. I think the campaign and multiplayer were the strongest in 3. But I still the STORY from the first one was the best.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By EVO

I went with Alan Wake, because it's one of the best games this generation. Halo: Reach comes in at #2.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By FancySoapsMan

my vote goes to Fallout: New Vegas.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshthebear

Mass Effect 1. Still to this day my favorite game of the generation.

The story, atmosphere, characters, and music are all highly memorable; even if 2 and 3 were a sharp decline.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bigdaddy81

There is an Earth Defense Force 2017-sized hole in the poll options. This is unsatisfactory.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Sackmanjones

Fuck. I did not read all that shit. Picked a random one. I cause chaos among the forums

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ajamafalous
    Critically acclaimed.
    Critically acclaimed.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Animasta

wow you put hannah montana on there but not Nier? fuck you D:

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16  Edited By impartialgecko

The Orange Box. Even if TF2 is outdated on that system it still is the best deal on the system.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Red Dead Redemption, Story is the best I have played in a game and the ending and endgame is pure genius, the world is just so huge and atmospheric, the characters are great and comical and at some times deadly serious, the writing and dialoge is top notch, horse riding is amazing especially during thunder storms, the music is great during action scenes and atmospheric when just riding though the wilderness and the the first time you arrive in Mexico and that track plays is one of my greatest moment in games and all it involves in riding your horse into the sun. The worlds terrain is varied from mexico to the snowy alps, the multiplayer is some of the funniest moments I've had in games a posse of 8 of us just riding through the west terrorizing loners their is potential for a wild west day z if only this was on PC. Just my favourite game ever pure and simple.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PillClinton

Uuuuummm, hmmmm, maybe... Skyrim? Or Orange Box? Red Dead Redemption maybe? I DON'T KNOW YOU GAVE ME TOO MANY CHOICES.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By L44

Mass Effect 2. It was originally an exclusive, which makes it Xboxier, and very few games achieved that kind of scope and pulled it off.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Levius

Ah goddamn I picked Mass Effect 3 by accident, Mass Effect 1 is actually my favourite.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By mike

I'll probably be the only one voting for it, but I voted for Other...Chromehounds. It may not be the "best" game out there by any means, but that's the game I've had the most fun with since the Xbox 360 launched.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BRich

It's Mass Effect 1 edging out Bioshock

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mrfizzy

I'm voting Red Dead Redemption. It is a game where I never got bored, every minute I was in that game I was enjoying myself, it was well made, had good and also interesting gameplay, tried some new things, awesome music and visuals.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Azteck

@joshthebear said:

Mass Effect 1. Still to this day my favorite game of the generation. The story, atmosphere, characters, and music are all highly memorable; even if 2 and 3 were a sharp decline.

Agreed.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By huntad

There's too many fucking choices I don't knowww!

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Panpipe

Call of Duty 4.

Where the entire phenomenon began. AMAZING design choices (so influential that we're all SICK of them). Campaign was also pretty great.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Contrarian

@BigDaddy81 said:

There is an Earth Defense Force 2017-sized hole in the poll options. This is unsatisfactory.

Sorry, it had to make room for Hannah Montana ...... dude, Hannah Montana!

@Animasta said:

They call me Contrarian! Still, I did miss that one, sorry. I have that game myself.

@PillClinton said:

Uuuuummm, hmmmm, maybe... Skyrim? Or Orange Box? Red Dead Redemption maybe? I DON'T KNOW YOU GAVE ME TOO MANY CHOICES.

No, Microsoft can take the blame for that!

@MB said:

I'll probably be the only one voting for it, but I voted for Other...Chromehounds. It may not be the "best" game out there by any means, but that's the game I've had the most fun with since the Xbox 360 launched.

Well, by my definition, the best game is the game you enjoyed the most. What else matters?

Oh, and MB, track down who voted for Hannah Montana and ban them ..... we don't need their type around here!

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Vexxan

I picked Alan Wake, loved the setting and story of that game.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By Deranged

Fuck that, I cannot be forced to choose a single game!

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mosespippy

Deadly Premonition is not on the list. The list is invalid.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By NoobSauceG7

Dark Souls...

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By moffattron9000

Saint's Row 3 because Saint's Row 3 is fucking amazing.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TobbRobb

Bayonetta. It took the awesome combat of my old favorite series Devil May Cry, perfected the formula, had an awesome soundtrack to get you pumped and then set everything in the most batshit insane and ridiculous world possible. Everything about that game is great, not matter if you want to spend your entire life getting all pure platinum medals or just want a really fun game with a really fun story. The characters herself is also vastly acknowledged as one of the best Female characters in gaming, so that is something.

Dark Souls in second place because it's the only fucking game that does equipment based leveling well. Great atmosphere, great combat, awesome design, good music and I just love that it can be played in so many ways if you are good enough.

EDIT:Durr, I played Fallout 3 on PC... MY REAL NUMBER 3 IS RDR. BECAUSE ITS AWESOME.

Those are the top 3 of the list in here, but I'm too tired to think of something else I might've liked.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Looking at that list realizing what a fantastic console the 360 has been, I have played the majority of those minus the fighting\sports games but the winner can only be RDR

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By shiftymagician

I don't think this poll was well thought out even though some good effort was put into that large list. If you intended this to be a poll for best game that just so happened to release on the 360, then it's all good. If you meant best game to be released exclusively on the 360, then this poll ain't so great. I'll say Skyrim for the former and FEZ for the latter. Skyrim for both quality of the game itself, size of content and how great it presents itself with a context-aware musical score and beautiful visuals given the limitations of the hardware. FEZ for originality and fantastic execution, complimented with pleasing aesthetics and memorable soundtrack.

I would love to see Giant Bomb add a new type of poll that allows people to add their own choices to questions like this and then show the top 10 or so results ordered, with an option to see all choices. Then we could have a suitable type of poll for the eventual 'best 360 game of the Cycle' and same for other platforms. Other is such a poor choice to add to compensate for a static poll as it would be more beneficial to see every choice possible that people have made (with the ability to filter them out of course but dynamically). I for one would definitely want to see how many people here voted for a certain game, no matter how small. Also to prevent misspellings, the Giant Bomb API could be used to force users to pick the title that is registered in the site for games. It could even be expanded to allow the poll-maker to choose what kinds of answers from the site can be picked. Just some thoughts I had.

Lastly they should review the design of the polls themselves. The larger the poll gets, the more tedious it is to look through all the choices just to make the most desirable one.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#37  Edited By AndrewB

Mass Effect 2. It's the kind of Baldur's Gate 2 level of gaming pinnacle. Not flawless, but memorable enough for me to say this definitively. And no, it's not 360 exclusive, but it was for awhile, and yeah, there are a lot of really good 360 games, but... Mass Effect 2.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MOAB

mass effect 1 is the game i remember most fondly

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By face15

Red Dead is winning. I love it!

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By MEATBALL

I voted for Mass Effect 3. I was one of those loons who enjoyed the game's ending (I'm also one of those loons who liked the Synthesis ending) and the extended cut made the ending even more affecting. Combat is better, the enemies you're fighting are more interesting to engage, and the RPG elements (well, at least when it comes to character customisation - the lack of neutral dialogue choices is a bummer) are better than those in Mass Effect 2. The game also has a multiplayer mode that completely surprised me with just how damn enjoyable it was, I put a whole bunch of time into it. It's close between ME3 and ME2, I prefer ME2's story, but ME3 edges it out thanks to mostly better gameplay and what might be my favourite horde mode this gen.

It was a choice between ME2 and ME3 because Mass Effect has been hands down my favourite series this gen.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LikeaSsur
    @Animasta

I feel your pain.
    BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BaneFireLord

Oblivion made me buy the system. I put more effort and time into just one character in that game than I did into all my high school romantic relationships combined.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Red

Mass Effect 2. No game in the Mass Effect series is perfect--complaints people have about ME2's story are perfectly valid, and it lacks the improvements of ME3--but it's still a pretty fantastic game, with some of the best characters, writing, and universe of this generation. After that it's probably Rock Band 2--I'm pretty sure it's the 360 game I've spent the most time with, and it perfected some of the annoyances in RB1's UI.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nekroskop

Dead Rising since it's one of the best EXCLUSIVES the 360 has.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Canteu

I voted for gears of war 1, because that's the best reason to own an xbox, or something.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kidman

Burnout Paradise, just ask

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By JoeyRavn

Of the games I've played, I've played most on PC... so... Red Dead Redemption? That game is pretty good, though I never managed to actually finish it.

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hilikus

@ajamafalous said:

Critically acclaimed.
    Critically acclaimed.

Hard to argue with that.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Vextroid

@ahaisthisourchance said:

Dead Rising since it's one of the best EXCLUSIVES the 360 has.

Reason I bought the damned thing.

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cubidog1

Red Dead Redemption because I love the Wild West, and I love open world games. Plus it was made by Rockstar, who never go wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.