Got a choice to make

#1 Posted by EnderX80 (23 posts) -

I've really been wanting to play a football game recently and NCAA Football 09 looks really good! The only problem is that Madden 09 is releasing the next month or so. I was also thinking about Civ Rev. It took me awhile to get the hang of everything in the demo, but once I did I had a blast.

I know they're not in the same genre, but would do you think.

#2 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

I've been pondering on Civ Revolution myself.  If you enjoyed the demo I would say make the purchase. :D

#3 Posted by EnderX80 (23 posts) -
MsCortana said:
"I've been pondering on Civ Revolution myself.  If you enjoyed the demo I would say make the purchase. :D
"
Yeah, I think that game will last a little longer as well.
#4 Posted by suitteeth (50 posts) -

did you like any of the other civilization games?

i really liked the demo too but i think it was because it keeps you from getting to any of the good stuff, and creates a false sense of excitement. i rented it and played a couple full games and now i don't feel like i ever really need to play it again.

#5 Posted by x3ar (236 posts) -

wait for madden 09, if you have buddies to play with online it can be so much fun

#6 Posted by EnderX80 (23 posts) -
suitteeth said:
"did you like any of the other civilization games?

i really liked the demo too but i think it was because it keeps you from getting to any of the good stuff, and creates a false sense of excitement. i rented it and played a couple full games and now i don't feel like i ever really need to play it again.
"
The last Civ game I played was Civ II. That was a long time ago. So it was kinda cool to see how this game performed on consoles.
#7 Posted by Commander_Pants (10 posts) -

The demo was good fun, but, this is a game I would rather have on my PC.  Civ 4 FTW!!

If you only have a console though, I would grab it.

#8 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

There's a promotion at GameStop, trade in NCAA 09 towards Madden 09, so you can get NCAA, play it alot, then trade it in for Madden and only be out 20 bucks.

#9 Posted by EnderX80 (23 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"There's a promotion at GameStop, trade in NCAA 09 towards Madden 09, so you can get NCAA, play it alot, then trade it in for Madden and only be out 20 bucks.
"
That's a pretty good idea.
#10 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

I say buy Civ Revolution. More replay value.

#11 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I got bored of Civ Rev by the time I got all the achievements, that's just my personal feeling though. It definitely has replay value; lots of scenarios, 16 civilizations, online play (which is pretty slow). I also don't like sports games so if it was up to me, I wouldn't get any of the choices.

#12 Posted by SlimDogg (159 posts) -
EnderX80 said:
"I've really been wanting to play a football game recently and NCAA Football 09 looks really good! The only problem is that Madden 09 is releasing the next month or so. I was also thinking about Civ Rev. It took me awhile to get the hang of everything in the demo, but once I did I had a blast.

I know they're not in the same genre, but would do you think.
"
Well i was debating on which to get. Madden or NCAA. I finally chose to go with NCAA because there is NO online franchise mode in Madden. In NCAA you get a complete online dynasty with up to 12 players. Its an amazing thing to sit there and recruit player while you and all your friend are doing the same. It actually has party chat. Anyone in the lobby of the dynasty can hear and talk to each other.  Madden only has online leagues. Where you can only play the people in the league . So that made the decision for me.
 
#13 Posted by AaronBelfast (1491 posts) -

To confusing for me, I could never get the feel of stragedy games

#14 Posted by EnderX80 (23 posts) -
SlimDogg said:
"EnderX80 said:
"I've really been wanting to play a football game recently and NCAA Football 09 looks really good! The only problem is that Madden 09 is releasing the next month or so. I was also thinking about Civ Rev. It took me awhile to get the hang of everything in the demo, but once I did I had a blast.

I know they're not in the same genre, but would do you think.
"
Well i was debating on which to get. Madden or NCAA. I finally chose to go with NCAA because there is NO online franchise mode in Madden. In NCAA you get a complete online dynasty with up to 12 players. Its an amazing thing to sit there and recruit player while you and all your friend are doing the same. It actually has party chat. Anyone in the lobby of the dynasty can hear and talk to each other.  Madden only has online leagues. Where you can only play the people in the league . So that made the decision for me.
 
"
That just sealed the deal for me! I might pick up Civ in a month or so, hopefully for $39.99! :D
#15 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

Isn't Blitz the League 2 coming out? if it is, wait for that game, the original was awesome. And I heard that the sequel was going to be really good, too. If you don't want to wait for that get Civilizations, because the new football games aren't much different from the previous. Seriously, you could probably get Madden 06 for like 15 bucks somewhere, which beats paying 60 for a new one.

#16 Posted by PaperPlain (243 posts) -
x3ar said:
"wait for madden 09, if you have buddies to play with online it can be so much fun
"
Yeah.
#17 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

The new Madden is looking much better than previous games in the series. I'd wait.

#18 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

I say get Madden 09, if your really really into sports.

#19 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

The new madden is the way to go.

#20 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

Just buy Madden 08 because it is almost as good as 09 and way cheaper and also buy civ rev.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.