Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Got a choice to make

EnderX80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EnderX80

I've really been wanting to play a football game recently and NCAA Football 09 looks really good! The only problem is that Madden 09 is releasing the next month or so. I was also thinking about Civ Rev. It took me awhile to get the hang of everything in the demo, but once I did I had a blast.

I know they're not in the same genre, but would do you think.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By MsCortana

I've been pondering on Civ Revolution myself.  If you enjoyed the demo I would say make the purchase. :D

EnderX80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EnderX80
    MsCortana said:
    "I've been pondering on Civ Revolution myself.  If you enjoyed the demo I would say make the purchase. :D
    "
    Yeah, I think that game will last a little longer as well.
    suitteeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By suitteeth

did you like any of the other civilization games?

i really liked the demo too but i think it was because it keeps you from getting to any of the good stuff, and creates a false sense of excitement. i rented it and played a couple full games and now i don't feel like i ever really need to play it again.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b56fc03f47
    deactivated-590b56fc03f47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait for madden 09, if you have buddies to play with online it can be so much fun

EnderX80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EnderX80
    suitteeth said:
    "did you like any of the other civilization games?

i really liked the demo too but i think it was because it keeps you from getting to any of the good stuff, and creates a false sense of excitement. i rented it and played a couple full games and now i don't feel like i ever really need to play it again.
    "
    The last Civ game I played was Civ II. That was a long time ago. So it was kinda cool to see how this game performed on consoles.
    Avatar image for commander_pants
    Commander_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Commander_Pants

The demo was good fun, but, this is a game I would rather have on my PC.  Civ 4 FTW!!

If you only have a console though, I would grab it.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Vinchenzo

There's a promotion at GameStop, trade in NCAA 09 towards Madden 09, so you can get NCAA, play it alot, then trade it in for Madden and only be out 20 bucks.

EnderX80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EnderX80
    Vinchenzo said:
    "There's a promotion at GameStop, trade in NCAA 09 towards Madden 09, so you can get NCAA, play it alot, then trade it in for Madden and only be out 20 bucks.
    "
    That's a pretty good idea.
    LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By LightYagami245

I say buy Civ Revolution. More replay value.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11  Edited By Vinchenzo

I got bored of Civ Rev by the time I got all the achievements, that's just my personal feeling though. It definitely has replay value; lots of scenarios, 16 civilizations, online play (which is pretty slow). I also don't like sports games so if it was up to me, I wouldn't get any of the choices.

SlimDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SlimDogg
    EnderX80 said:
    "I've really been wanting to play a football game recently and NCAA Football 09 looks really good! The only problem is that Madden 09 is releasing the next month or so. I was also thinking about Civ Rev. It took me awhile to get the hang of everything in the demo, but once I did I had a blast.

"
    Well i was debating on which to get. Madden or NCAA. I finally chose to go with NCAA because there is NO online franchise mode in Madden. In NCAA you get a complete online dynasty with up to 12 players. Its an amazing thing to sit there and recruit player while you and all your friend are doing the same. It actually has party chat. Anyone in the lobby of the dynasty can hear and talk to each other.  Madden only has online leagues. Where you can only play the people in the league . So that made the decision for me.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AaronBelfast

To confusing for me, I could never get the feel of stragedy games

EnderX80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EnderX80
    SlimDogg said:
    "EnderX80 said:
    "I've really been wanting to play a football game recently and NCAA Football 09 looks really good! The only problem is that Madden 09 is releasing the next month or so. I was also thinking about Civ Rev. It took me awhile to get the hang of everything in the demo, but once I did I had a blast.

"
    Well i was debating on which to get. Madden or NCAA. I finally chose to go with NCAA because there is NO online franchise mode in Madden. In NCAA you get a complete online dynasty with up to 12 players. Its an amazing thing to sit there and recruit player while you and all your friend are doing the same. It actually has party chat. Anyone in the lobby of the dynasty can hear and talk to each other.  Madden only has online leagues. Where you can only play the people in the league . So that made the decision for me.

"
    That just sealed the deal for me! I might pick up Civ in a month or so, hopefully for $39.99! :D
    OblivionGuy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By OblivionGuy07

Isn't Blitz the League 2 coming out? if it is, wait for that game, the original was awesome. And I heard that the sequel was going to be really good, too. If you don't want to wait for that get Civilizations, because the new football games aren't much different from the previous. Seriously, you could probably get Madden 06 for like 15 bucks somewhere, which beats paying 60 for a new one.

PaperPlain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PaperPlain
    x3ar said:
    "wait for madden 09, if you have buddies to play with online it can be so much fun
    "
    Yeah.
    twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By twenty0ne

The new Madden is looking much better than previous games in the series. I'd wait.

MAV3R1CK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MAV3R1CK

I say get Madden 09, if your really really into sports.

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarkLegend

The new madden is the way to go.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Wolverine

Just buy Madden 08 because it is almost as good as 09 and way cheaper and also buy civ rev.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.