Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Help with harddrive transfer kit...

Lman015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lman015

In order to get the free migration kit.... Do I need to have purchased a new 60/120 gb system and give the phone number the serial of both systems... BECAUSE I was planning on just buying a 60 gb harddrive alone off ebay and transfer stuff from my 20 gb. Can I still get it free?

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Player1

No you can't. You need the serial number OFF that xbox that the new harddrive comes off of. 

What I did was find a nice friend with an elite (thanks james :P) who didn't want to transfer his files, and took his serial number. It actually comes pretty fast too. Just see if any users here are nice enough to do that for you. 
    Lman015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lman015

Thanks....so could some one be that kind and give me their serial number just so I can get the migration kit?  And if I do eventually get that will it work with 20gb to 60gb because on Xbox.com it only stated about the 120gb. Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.