Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Help with streaming media...

Law313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Law313

I just got my elite a couple days ago. (And I like it) But I need to know whats the best program to use to stream media(mainly video, in vlc format ) from my PC to the 360. Any links, tips, or comments are appreciated. 

Gamertag: Law313

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

i would suggest Tversity or w.e

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By calidan777

I use Jamcast for my 360 and PS3. Windows Media Player 11 works fine too.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Law313:  I don't believe there is a way to stream VLC media at the time. You will have to convert that into WMV or MP4 I believe for it to work. WMV works for sure. And I use the Zune Software on my computer to stream but there is a lot of compatible programs. Windows Media Player works well too.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

you dont really need a problem, just go to in vista network and sharing center. If connected to a network wireless or wired at the bottom should be media sharing click the arrow then change and allow the 360 to connect and you should be able to get most pictures, videos and music streamed that way, and if you have vista you basically have a media center so you can use that too though it requires a bit more setup.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " you dont really need a problem, just go to in vista network and sharing center. If connected to a network wireless or wired at the bottom should be media sharing click the arrow then change and allow the 360 to connect and you should be able to get most pictures, videos and music streamed that way, and if you have vista you basically have a media center so you can use that too though it requires a bit more setup. "
    This method will actually just bring up the sharing options for Windows Media Player, so technically it's sharing through that program. But since it's included in Windows, everyone should have it. So this should work as long as your files are set up to be played in Windows Media Player.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.