Holiday/Birthday Buying help?

#1 Posted by dhvl2712 (25 posts) -

My Birthday's next week and I'm in the market for a good Xbox360 game. I already have Dark Souls and MW3 and love the shit out of them. But I do have my eye on Skryim, although it doesn't look promising because of it's lack of story and good combat. But I'm also considering Halo: CE anniversary, since that's why I play video games, and maybe Deus Ex?

I'm looking for a purchase that will last me a while, but everyone seems to unanimously screem SKYRIM. What do you recommend, and why?

#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6970 posts) -

I would recomend Skyrim, but other then that Neir, becuse there are like 4 whole storylines in Neir.

#3 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

If you want it to last you a while the only thing that will last you longer than Skyrim is a Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 if your into fighting games.

#4 Posted by dhvl2712 (25 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

I would recomend Skyrim, but other then that Neir, becuse there are like 4 whole storylines in Neir.

May I ask What did you like about it, or What do you think are the good/bad points about it?

#5 Posted by dhvl2712 (25 posts) -

@DarthOrange:

I'm actually not into fighting games, but I wouldn't mind getting into it.

#6 Posted by Dagbiker (6970 posts) -

Skyrim has so much to do that it would take you hundreds of hours to complete, the combat system is simple, but i like it, and random dragons are awesome even after the 10th time.

Neir is a Jrpg, but one of a few for the Xbox, it uses a bullet hell fighting system, but in 3d. I guess i just like how unique it is.

#7 Posted by dhvl2712 (25 posts) -

@Dagbiker:

That sounds very interesting. But is it a good game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.