Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

How do I use the optical port on 360 slim?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

I received a pair of astro headphones for christmas today and for the life of me can't figure outgrow to use the optical portobello the back of my 360 slim. Theres a cover over it that I do t know snaps off or if I just push the cord in and it'll punch through or not. This may be a dumb thing to ask, but I really don't want to break anything.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DoctorTran

Just Insert the plug in. The plastic flap is a small door to cover the beam.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

Optical cables usually have caps on them to protect the ends, so you may have to take it off, then just pop that motherfucker in. Also, headphones with optical? Motherfucker what?

E: I just looked them up, holy fuck those are some overpriced fucking headphones.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye

@AlexW00d: Astros are pretty good though dawg.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AlexW00d
    @Jadeskye tbh for £220 I'd expect better than pretty good. You can get some really good 7.1 sennheisers for that, probably.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jadeskye

@AlexW00d: surround sound headphones are all pretty bad. But i agree on the sennheisers, i'm using a pair of HD650s right now and they are incredible as they have been for years. Good investment.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By beforet

The Sennheiser HD280 is still the best pair of headphones I've used. I've tried using later models but they were either too expensive or uncomfortable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.