Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

How long does it take for RROD repair?

LimpGamertag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LimpGamertag

Well technically I didn't get a RROD but I got a E74 error where it showed the bottom right part of the ring in red.
    Supposedly the graphics chipset failed or some such which explains all the crazy weird lines I was noticing on Halo 3 the day before it crapped out.

When I requested repair I told them it was RROD which at the time I thought it was so unless they check every single xbox I should get it fixed for free. Either way my warranty is still good so it should be fixed even if it's not a rrod unless it's not convered under the standard.

My question is how long did it take for those of you who also sent your consoles in? I've been told that it depends on how close you are to the repair facility. (In my case I'm only six hours from it)

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Shawn

Took 3 weeks max for me.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By kush

It seems to be that the average time it takes is between 2 weeks and  a month...closer to two weeks than a month. Some people have gotten it back in just a week too.

RJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By RJ

Took a little over 2 weeks for mine to get repaired.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.