How often do you use cloud saves?

• 77 results
#51 Posted by Matt_F606 (313 posts) -

I use it for most games. It's nice knowing MS have a backup for you.

#52 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Its the only way I use it to save, I havn't had any issues yet.

#53 Posted by lmephisto (190 posts) -

Never needed so far :)

#54 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

I used the Xbox cloud save feature once and that was to make sure my Mass Effect 2 save would be safe for ME3. Naturally, there was a problem and I couldn't use that save. From that day forth... Fuck cloud saves...

#55 Posted by sirdesmond (1241 posts) -

Never ever!

#56 Edited by ManMadeGod (1561 posts) -

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:

I used the Xbox cloud save feature once and that was to make sure my Mass Effect 2 save would be safe for ME3. Naturally, there was a problem and I couldn't use that save. From that day forth... Fuck cloud saves...

Why couldn't you use it? The save file is still on your HDD even if you moved it to the cloud folder.

#57 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

@ManMadeGod said:

@Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:

Why couldn't you use it? The save file is still on your HDD even if you moved it to the cloud folder.

The game didn't even note that I played ME2. It was as if it didn't even see the save. I backed it up on a usb to be extra safe so there was no problem but that ended the cloud save experiment for me.

#58 Edited by xyzygy (9997 posts) -

Never, but I can see its use.

#59 Posted by Pitta (182 posts) -

@Deathawk: All the time. I save everything there. I have 30mb left and wish I could have more. I have every save since I got my 360 saved in there (pared down extra saves from oblivion and such of course)

#60 Posted by ARKphoenix (3 posts) -

Never used it.

#61 Posted by huntad (1940 posts) -

Never. I only use one xbox.

#62 Posted by Feral_Nova (165 posts) -

So far I've used it a total of ZERO times. I don't jump around from xbox to xbox, no need to, I'm the only one of my friends and family who games xP

#63 Posted by Darson (451 posts) -

The cloud what? Who?

No.

#64 Posted by ManMadeGod (1561 posts) -

All my saves are on there: why not? If my HDD ever breaks on me I'll still have all of my save files.

#65 Posted by iTWAN (45 posts) -

Rarely....But its a good way to save my most coveted saves in case the HDD goes bad

#66 Posted by PatODay (220 posts) -

I've set mine up but haven't saved anything to it. I have a 16 gig flash drive I use to go from console to console when necessary.

#67 Posted by Mcfart (1626 posts) -

Never. Flash drive.

#68 Posted by Masakari (72 posts) -

Nope, I use an USB drive. Besides having more space (also store useful DLC there), I really dont trust my saves being on the web, in a companies servers. Any problem and they're gone, I prefer to store them myself.

#69 Posted by Matt_F606 (313 posts) -

I use it for pretty much all my games. Just seems to make sense. It makes a local copy, a cloud copy and you can but fairly sure that Microsoft have a backup strategy for the data as well.

#70 Posted by Humanity (9279 posts) -

I haven't used it once to date but I never really felt the need.

#71 Posted by afrofools (1348 posts) -

@Toms115 said:

used it once, thought it was cool. not been used since. does it save a local copy as well as a cloud copy, or just the cloud copy? if it does both i might start using it again.

Yes it saves a local version. It actually needs to save a local version, and requires a HDD to do so (even if you have a big enough USB drive).

#72 Posted by MikeinSC (910 posts) -

@Deathawk said:

Personally I have never used them. I don't have much reason. Yes, my hd is small (I got my 360 in 2006 and never upgraded) but usually I'm only playing a couple games at a time, and if I decide to go back I usually start from scratch. Combined with the fact that your purchase history is stored on Xbox Live (meaning I can easily redownload old Arcade titles) and I almost have no reason to use it.

So what about you?

Almost exclusively --- which is bad since I know an internet outage will utterly bone me.

#73 Posted by Matt_F606 (313 posts) -

@MikeinSC: You would be fine. A copy is always stored on your local drive.

#74 Posted by Niall1800 (10 posts) -

I don't have any need to use them since I only play xbox at my house. But I don't trust the cloud anyways, I think it's inevitable that the cloud would lose my stuff.

#75 Posted by EXTomar (4742 posts) -

On other systems, using cloud saves is a boon. If I "ran everything" I'd love to see all platforms go with a vendor neutral solution where as long as your "cloud storage system" is valid it will save and read data from it so that way you can buy storage from which ever vendor you want instead of being stuck with a sole provider.

#76 Posted by mcmax3000 (282 posts) -

I pretty much use them exclusively. I have a few Xboxes in my house, so it's great for switching between those. Anything I'm even remotely currently playing goes into the cloud.

#77 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

All the time. I like having a backup of my saves in the cloud, plus between me and my roommate we have 2 Xboxes so it's useful for playing on both.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.