Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

I cannot open my NAT on my Xbox 360, HELP

jpr199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is what I have done, but it does not seem to work! Please help. My router does not support UPnP

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I enabled my DMZ and have my Xbox IP Address put into it, but nothing works.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I spent forever trying to solve the NAT problem when I playing on Xbox Live and finally learned to live with its issues. It was an issue that was pretty much unsolvable for me and my shitty Belkin router

I think some people just have that issue and have no way of solving it.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I could never get mine to work until I called up my ISP and complained about something unrelated and they sent me out a new modem; once I hooked up that new modem, no problems.

If you can't get a new modem, I would suggest getting a separate router if you don't have one already and put the modem in bridge mode; just let your router handle the connection, that seems to solve most problems I read online, I just couldn't figure out how to get my modem to bridge before I stopped caring about it.

superfiasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This can be a pain. Have you verified the xbox has the same ip address since you have added it into DMZ? Your router will sometimes give a new ip address out. What make/model router do you have?

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@jpr199 When I had NAT issues a couple of weeks ago, one of the responses (which I've quoted below) from here miraculously worked. Hopefully it works for you too!

1st make sure you have a static IP assignment for the xbox either by creating a dhcp assignment for the xbox's mac address or by statically assigning an ip to the xbox outside the dhcp scope you've defined but on the same network / subnet of course. next go to the single port forwarding tab under applications and gaming and forward port 3074, ,both internal and external, to your xbox's IP address. name the rule openNAT or something you will recognize. put a cheeck in the box to enable the rule and click save settings to enable. Your xbox should now run the xbox live test without complaint about the need for open NAT and gameplay should work just fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.