I've come 360.

#1 Posted by Guesty_01 (348 posts) -

So, my launch 360 broke sometime after release. I sent it off to be fixed and it broke a second time (RRoD) somewhere around '08. I bought my PS3 around that same time and it's been my platform of choice since.

Now, I always intended to get another 360 at some point because, how could I miss out playing the great games only available on it? Over the last few months I've been planning on getting one for Xmas as a gift from my partner and mother.

Today, however, I've been lucky enough to be given a 360 from my uncle whom had 3 in his household (2 teenage kids). All 3 of them have just bought an Xbox One, so they've been kind enough to let me use one of their 360's.

Here's the list of games I've also lent off them to get me started -

Gears of War 1,2 (which I've already played before) 3 and Judgement.

Halo Reach

Witcher 2

LoTR - War in the north

Assassins Creed 3

Civilization Revolution

I've attached my original 20g HDD to it and it still works. It's been a laugh going through it and deletin all the old save game data and demos and such.

Now, I didn't really keep up with download games for the 360 since mine broke. I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions? Also do you think they will all fit into my 20g hard drive (12gig left)?

Currently plan on getting -

Trials HD

Bastion

Mark of the Ninja

Any other good games not on PS3 I should look for? Thanks.

(Sorry if format is bad, posting from phone)

#2 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

Alan Wake.

#3 Edited by LiquidSaiyan3 (461 posts) -
#4 Edited by Guesty_01 (348 posts) -

@liquidsaiyan3: Dust!!! That's another one I definatly want, but forgot to list. I will also at least check out the other two games.

@jimmyfenix: Hmm never really considered Alan Wake, totally forgot about it! See, this is why I'm posting this question here :)

#5 Posted by Guesty_01 (348 posts) -

Super Meat Boy! Shit! Defo another one I want, played a little bit at a friends out and loved it. Great to have access to all these games after so long.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14830 posts) -

If you plan on getting a lot of downloaded games Id suggest at LEAST finding a 120gb HDD. Thing is if its an older model of 360 eBay will be the only real option there as the slims now have internal drives. You got a decent selection of games to start you off so enjoy.

#7 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I saw this topic several hours ago and I'm just now understanding your title. Now it's just funny.

Oh, and maybe play Shadow Complex.

#8 Edited by Nick (667 posts) -
#9 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5046 posts) -
#10 Posted by DeadpanCakes (904 posts) -

I don't think you'd get very far downloading with just 12 gigs left, but I could be wrong 'cause I don't use my 360 often.

I would recommend Tales of Vesperia if you're into Jrpgs, and Bayonetta if you haven't played it yet (360 version's better)

#11 Edited by Guesty_01 (348 posts) -

@demoskinos: I think you may be right about needing a bigger HD. My PS3 is the 60GB model and even that filled up quickly with download games. And it seems like there are quite a few I'll want to be playing!

@nick: Not overly interested in Fez, but aprechiate the recommendation nonetheless.

@jjweatherman: Yeah I've seen Shadow Complex and it looks just up my street. I'll be sure to play it.

#12 Posted by GaspoweR (3028 posts) -

Alan Wake.

^Yup! Definitely this though it has also come out on PC since then.

#13 Posted by Guesty_01 (348 posts) -

So some really great recommendations thus far, and I'm looking forward to eventually checking them all out. But here's my initial plan of attack -

Along with War in the North, which I'm going to play with the girlfriend semi occasionally or whenever she feels like it, the one game I'm most interested in playing first is Witcher 2 because I'm a sucker for RPGs. My question is I have no previous knowledge of the series, it's characters or story. Would it be worthwhile to look up a quick synopsis of the plot or do you think I can jump straight it? Thanks.

#14 Posted by Guesty_01 (348 posts) -

So I singed up to xbox live last night (silver), and bought Dust - Elysian Tale and Mark of the Ninja for £3.39 each!!! What a steal can't wait to play them.

#15 Posted by believer258 (11907 posts) -

Outland!

Also Marathon Durandal, Shadow Complex, Doom 1 and 2, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Resident Evil 4, Crysis, Minecraft, and maybe Fez.

So some really great recommendations thus far, and I'm looking forward to eventually checking them all out. But here's my initial plan of attack -

Along with War in the North, which I'm going to play with the girlfriend semi occasionally or whenever she feels like it, the one game I'm most interested in playing first is Witcher 2 because I'm a sucker for RPGs. My question is I have no previous knowledge of the series, it's characters or story. Would it be worthwhile to look up a quick synopsis of the plot or do you think I can jump straight it? Thanks.

I actually wrote the above list thinking that you were just looking for XBLA games. Ooops.

Conveniently enough, Geralt of Rivia has amnesia at the beginning of The Witcher 2 and its plot is independent of the first game's. As well as gameplay systems, graphics engine, pace, look, feel, length, etc. Both the first and second Witcher games are pretty good but they're both pretty independent of each other. You don't need a plot summary of the first game at all.

#16 Posted by Guesty_01 (348 posts) -

@believer258: Great so I can just jump straight into it. Heard great things about it and I love a good rpg.

Also, I've already played Outland on ps3. It's a great game that I thoroughly enjoyed. I'll look into your other surrgestions, thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.