If the 360 Motion Controller was real, would you buy it?

• 84 results
#1 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

Remember that thing that everyone thought would be announced at E3 but never was?
No... Not Halo 4. It's the Xbox Motion Controller.

I, Personally was dissapointed when it wasn't announced during E3, but imagine in an alternate Giant Bomb universe this Waggle Wand was coming out tommorow in a box with... Banjo Kazooie?
Would you buy it?

Wii... I mean 360 Waggle Wand
#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I would have to buy it if it happened to have a complete collection, but I won't buy it since it won't be made.

#3 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -

No. I'd buy a Wii though.

#4 Posted by skillagon (12 posts) -

Nah, motion control is still a bit to gimmicky for me. It would just feel out of place on the 360 for me.

#5 Posted by Page1 (92 posts) -

I highly doubt that I would buy it. I'd imagine that most games would not use it, much less games that I care about.

#6 Posted by Dude_What (68 posts) -

Just doesn't seem to add anything significant to games.  Does it make jacking fools better?  No. So who cares?

#7 Posted by DeathStar (253 posts) -

I dont want motion control =/

#8 Posted by Nibbz (203 posts) -

no. why would i? when i dont even like the wii, and besides the DS im so disappointed with nintendo lately

#9 Posted by Scorched (691 posts) -

no, it's targeted for the casual wii crowd

#10 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

Nope, I have a Wii for motion controls.

#11 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

It haven't been announce YET. Still can happen. 

#12 Posted by scfan3 (27 posts) -

Nah, I'd pass, I still prefer playing with a normal control pad.

#13 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

Nope, it would be a waste of money.

#14 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
Gorillawhat said:
"Remember that thing that everyone thought would be announced at E3 but never was?
No... Not Halo 4. It's the Xbox Motion Controller.

I, Personally was dissapointed when it wasn't announced during E3, but imagine in an alternate Giant Bomb universe this Waggle Wand was coming out tommorow in a box with... Banjo Kazooie?
Would you buy it?
Wii... I mean 360 Waggle Wand
"
rofl
#15 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

I would read alot of opinions on it and than make my choice

#16 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

No, no, no.

#17 Posted by idiotic_genius1 (416 posts) -

No

#18 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I really am not a fan of motion controls, so, no.

#19 Posted by Logan_Aybara (70 posts) -

I can't see myself purchasing it unless it was tied to a must have game.

#20 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

No. I was relieved that they didn't announce a motion controller for the 360. If they did, it would split the 360 owners just like the hard drive situation. Can't we have one console on the market that doesn't do any motion-control? I really hope this trend does not catch on to the next generation, or all the next-gen systems will have motion controls mandatory. Instead of developers concentrating on their games, they will also have to be worried about the control scheme even more than usual, which could lead to developers pushing their games out and the control being so ridiculously bad that it won't be playable.

#21 Posted by Contra_dk (165 posts) -

No... that's not what I want from gaming in general.

I want games lige MGS 4, GeOW and so forth, not some cute little minigames... I'll leave that to the Wii people.

#22 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1048 posts) -

I don't need it. I have a Wii already.

#23 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

I bet we'll see it at TGS. I'm sure Microsoft thinks a waggle-wand would save them in Japan.

#24 Posted by MrRetep (81 posts) -

Nope

#25 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

No it looks stupid.
Why not just get a wii if things like that float your boat.

#26 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, thats why i purchased the Wii. Microsoft need to comeup with there iwn ideas and not just copy the trend and be innovative, cmon they've got the money.

#27 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
SSbabel said:
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO, thats why i purchased the Wii. Microsoft need to comeup with there iwn ideas and not just copy the trend and be innovative, cmon they've got the money."
Bill Gates has a Disney World in his bathroom.
#28 Posted by TimeWaffle (946 posts) -

motion control is very gimmicky and overrated

#29 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -
DrDemon said:
"motion control is very gimmicky and overrated
"
Yeah its just a novelty. Most games you play with motion sensing just tend to get annoying, making you want to go back to conventional controllers.
#30 Posted by SlayingShogun (257 posts) -

Unless the games made for it were good but i highly doubt they will be

#31 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

No way, Jose

#32 Posted by Wolverine (4282 posts) -

I don't know, maybe, it depends what games used it.

#33 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

Bathtub ducks 2 - revenge of the bath

#34 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

It would need to be required for some high caliber game. Otherwise, i have a wii to play games with motion controls.

#35 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"SSbabel said:
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO, thats why i purchased the Wii. Microsoft need to comeup with there iwn ideas and not just copy the trend and be innovative, cmon they've got the money."
Bill Gates has a Disney World in his bathroom.
"

is it super cool.
#36 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

FYI there is a 360 Wiimote, and its already been shown... so its real.

Its not like the Wiimote though, its more like the SIXAXIS (they even use the same slogan 'six degrees of freedom'), with the look of the Wiimote (white stick).

#37 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

As someone mentioned earlier, I would in order to complete the 360 collection. That is, if it were real. ;)

#38 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -
Sentry said:
"FYI there is a 360 Wiimote, and its already been shown... so its real.

Its not like the Wiimote though, its more like the SIXAXIS (they even use the same slogan 'six degrees of freedom'), with the look of the Wiimote (white stick).
"
Shown where?
#39 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -

in a word no, if I want to get arm cramp while playing a game I'll use my Wii

#40 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

I wouldn't because I don't want to pay $50 for an optional feature.

#41 Posted by L (1680 posts) -

Yeah, would be worthy of checking out.

#42 Posted by Gyroz1989 (36 posts) -

It would probably be like the ps3 motion controls which are hardly used.

#43 Posted by pause422 (6241 posts) -

no,and the games made for it wouldn't be good. I really hope its not true,but the Avatar leak from a while back was so. Now 360 may have a wii-remote and Mii's OMG JUST WHAT THE CORE 360 AUDIENCE WANTS RIGHT? sigh.

#44 Posted by Runk3N (51 posts) -

can't stand the wii.. i always turn sixaxis of when i can.. guess that kind brings my answer to, no no no no, i would never get a motion stick for xbox.

#45 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
pause422 said:
"no,and the games made for it wouldn't be good. I really hope its not true,but the Avatar leak from a while back was so. Now 360 may have a wii-remote and Mii's OMG JUST WHAT THE CORE 360 AUDIENCE WANTS RIGHT? sigh.
"
I hope that doesn't happen.
#46 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Runk3N said:
"can't stand the wii.. i always turn sixaxis of when i can.. guess that kind brings my answer to, no no no no, i would never get a motion stick for xbox.

"
Pretty much the same for me. Motion control is a terrible gimmick, they should invent something fresh.
#47 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
BlindEffekt said:
"Sentry said:
"FYI there is a 360 Wiimote, and its already been shown... so its real.

"
Shown where?
"

Did you miss it? They had video demos on their site and everything, with lego starwars. Looks really stupid, honestly.
#48 Posted by davecuk (158 posts) -

If there was games worth playing that used it's functionality and it was 1:1 like the Wii Motion Plus provides then yes, I would buy it.

#49 Posted by REforever101 (258 posts) -

nah, I already made that mistake with the wii

#50 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
davecuk said:
"If there was games worth playing that used it's functionality and it was 1:1 like the Wii Motion Plus provides then yes, I would buy it.
"

Nope its like SIXAXIS, you can't even aim at the screen like the Wiimote, so no 1:1 either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.