If you had to choose...

#1 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

*yawns* Well since both games come out on the same day, and the forum slew down, I decided to ask this very thoguht provoking question! D:

If you had to choose to get one of thse two games, which would it be: Fallout 3 or Gears of War 2?

#2 Posted by Corsaer (66 posts) -

If I had to choose:  Fallout 3 without another thought.

#3 Posted by AegisOfDawn (70 posts) -

Fallout 3, if I had a 360 :p

#4 Posted by Cali_Style (63 posts) -

I thought Fallout 3 was coming out in October and Gears 2 in November. Either way, I choose both. How can I pass on either when they're both likely to be dope?

#5 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

Gears of War 2 without a doubt....

#6 Posted by METALM1LITIA91 (259 posts) -

Gears 2 is going to blow people away. No contest there

#7 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Fallout 3

#8 Posted by Conner (88 posts) -

Gears 2. Fallout 3 may be good, but I just love Gears.

#9 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

GoW2; Fallout 3 has failed to impress me thus far.

#11 Posted by Feanor (1387 posts) -

I'll probably just rent Gears and beat it quicly.  So I'd go with Fallout since there will probably be a lot more gameplay.

#12 Posted by dannythagamer (6 posts) -

fall out 3 for sure

#13 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

Gears 2 because I know it will meet my expectations

#14 Edited by shadowjak (456 posts) -

This is pretty even 0.o

I'd have to choose Falluot 3 for all the play value it offers.

#15 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

I've played GOW and only seen video footage of Fallout3, i really enjoyed GOW but Fallout3 is being made by the ppl that made oblivion so i think ill go with Fallout3.

#16 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

Fallout 3 here as well.

#17 Posted by shadowjak (456 posts) -

Fallout 3- 8
Gears of War 2- 7
Switerland Neutrality- 1.

#18 Posted by FalseDeity (229 posts) -

I'm prepared to get punched in the face, but...

If Fallout 3 is not as boring and tedious as Oblivion, then I'm all for it, otherwise I'll stick with Gears 2.

#19 Edited by shadowjak (456 posts) -
FalseDeity said:
"I'm prepared to get punched in the face, but...

If Fallout 3 is not as boring and tedious as Oblivion, then I'm all for it, otherwise I'll stick with Gears 2.
"

*punches in face* Todd Howard shot someone with teddy bears D: You cannot do that in Oblivion, nor anything remotely like it.
#20 Posted by FalseDeity (229 posts) -
shadowjak said:
"FalseDeity said:
"I'm prepared to get punched in the face, but...

"

*punches in face* Todd Howard shot someone with teddy bears D: You cannot do that in Oblivion, nor anything remotely like it."
I'm putting Gears of War 2 in the limelight, too. There better be one heck of a compelling story to support what looks like rarely rotating scenery.
#21 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

Fallout 3, definitely. Gears was such a shallow game. It didn't draw you in at all, save the chainsaw gun. I believe Fallout3 will be as deep as Oblivion and thats all I need.

Fallout 3

#22 Posted by SlimDogg (159 posts) -

I would pick Gears Of War 2. Then probably regret it until i finally break down and go get Fallout 3.

#23 Posted by LuffyUzumaki (453 posts) -

gears of war 2

#24 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

I'm going to say Fallout 3, although I have a suspicion Fallout 3 is going to be nowhere near as good as the hype.

#25 Posted by MikPick (333 posts) -

Fallout 3. I wasn't aa big fan of the first Gears, plus all my friends will buy it anyway.

#26 Posted by Strife88 (225 posts) -

Fallout 3, I'm sure my bro would pick up GeOW2 so it works out.

#27 Posted by Kaycon11 (91 posts) -

Well...I think both are gonna be great games and I'm going to get both, but if you stuck a gun to my head and told me to choose one I would go with Fallout 3. The game just looks absolutely amazing from all the gameplay I've seen.

#28 Posted by L (1681 posts) -

Gears of War 2. 100%

#29 Edited by logson (521 posts) -

I think I MAY enjoy Fallout 3 more than Gears 2, but I KNOW that Gears will be worth my money. So on day one I will grab Gears off the shelf, and since I have no spine, after a few minutes of staring at Fallout I'll grab that too.

#30 Posted by borgmaster (513 posts) -

both, at the same time

#31 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

Fallout 3. It looks like it has a really good story.

#32 Posted by legend_cloud (359 posts) -

I don't think I'll ever have to choose between those 2 but I'd say Fallout 3.

#33 Posted by veneer (30 posts) -

Fallout 3

#34 Posted by HoboCop (53 posts) -

Shit.  I thought this was gonna be an awesome "Which method of horrible Death would you choose" type of things...

I choose auto-erotic-asphyxiation.

#35 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

I couldn't pass either up, but if I was forced to choose it would be Gears 2.   Gears has earned a special place in my heart.

#36 Posted by Mr_Bauer (398 posts) -

Gears of War 2

#37 Posted by Eoco (81 posts) -

Gears 2, the multiplayer would keep me going until I could get Fallout

#38 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

Easily Fallout 3, looks more promising. 

#39 Posted by Foxdemon2k (261 posts) -

Fallout 3

#40 Posted by cjmhockey (244 posts) -

Gears 2

#41 Posted by Wolverine (4276 posts) -

I never really played a Fallout game and I love Gears of War so I would pick Gears 2.

#42 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Gears of War 2. Fallout 3 looks great, but not anywhere near as good as Gears 2.

I'm surprised that Fallout 3 is winning, especially as I'm sure Gears will definitely outsell it, and by quite a bit.

#43 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

going with both on this one

#44 Posted by BlindEffekt (917 posts) -

Thats a toughy, but fallout is more appealing to me right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.