I'm looking for a few recommendations

#1 Posted by 90drefze (2 posts) -

It's been way too long since I've played a good, solid JRPG. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 360 title similar to something like FFVII or FFX?

Also, I'm looking for a tactical RPG similar to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance or Gladius? Any recommendations for such a game on the 360?

#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

These are the JRPGs I'm aware of for the 360: 

• Blue Dragon
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Tales of Vesperia
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Resonance of Fate
  • Nier
I'm sure there are more, but I guess you could look into some of these. I recommend Nier (it's the only out of those I've played), but it's not turn-based like the two games you mentioned. It's more of an ARPG, really.
#3 Posted by Sackmanjones (4762 posts) -

Dark souls is kinda jrpgishh.... I actually dont know Ive never played  any of those games listed by fluxWave. But Dark Souls is a good choice, if you can deal with the difficulty

#4 Edited by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia is a great RPG but it's not turnbased.

The only FFT like game I can think of is Operation Darkness, but I don't know if it's worth playing.

#5 Posted by jozzy (2035 posts) -

If you want an oldschool JRPG definately check out Lost Odyssey. It's arguably the best on the the console. And yes, Nier is super but is that really an JRPG?

#6 Posted by 9cupsoftea (651 posts) -
@jozzy said:

If you want an oldschool JRPG definately check out Lost Odyssey. It's arguably the best on the the console. And yes, Nier is super but is that really an JRPG?

I would say so, the battle system is more of a hack and slash, but pretty much everything else is JRPG - weird characters, deep story, levelling, weapons, cutscenes, etc...
#7 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I played a couple hours of Eternal Sonata awhile ago and it seemed pretty cool.

#8 Posted by 90drefze (2 posts) -

Thanks for all the suggestions. Looks like I've got some solid candidates for JPGs, but I'll have to wait on getting my FFT fix until I buy another PS2 so I can play Gladius again. Dark Souls is a must-play, thought I'm waiting until I can get it for $40 or so.

#9 Posted by AbeTheGreatest (132 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia and Nier are both great, although in ToV the story gets stupid about 2/3s through but the combat stays fun

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.