Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Inside Xbox isn't a thing anymore, you probably don't care.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

In the last 10 years, Xbox LIVE has transformed in so many amazing ways, and as a community we’ve experienced so much together. I’ve personally witnessed many changes that have helped Xbox LIVE improve and together with our members we’ve created a community we all value and rely on.

At Xbox, we are focused on making entertainment and gaming more amazing, and we must continue to invest our resources and talents wisely. Consequently, we’ve decided to discontinue production of Inside Xbox in the United States, and as a result this content will also no longer be available in Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Xbox LIVE in EMEA is currently looking at its operating model for Inside Xbox. This could potentially result in some changes, but we have no news here to share yet. Xbox LIVE in Mexico and Japan will continue to produce first-party content for its members via other media outside of the Inside Xbox brand.

We want to express our sincere appreciation to all of our viewers and fans of Inside Xbox, and remain committed to providing our members with access to high-quality news and information via the console, social media channels and Xbox.com. We will be leveraging third-party news and video content available through a variety of existing and future partners, and supplementing this content with select first-party offerings. However, day-to-day news content and weekly programming currently offered though Inside Xbox will cease production in the United States. This includes shows like Major’s Minute, Featured Videos and Insider Moves packaged under the Inside Xbox brand.

This decision was not made lightly. Our teams working on Inside Xbox have done a great job connecting with our members and delivering high-quality, informative game news and tips. We thank them all for their contributions to the Xbox LIVE community and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

http://majornelson.com/2012/05/02/changes-for-inside-xbox-u-s

This means that you won't be seeing Larry Hyrb's gray hair and crazy dress shirts on your Xbox anymore.

That Windows Phone apps show with the blonde dyke lady spotlighting shitty games?

Gone. Fucking gone.

I'm actually not sure if this is going away, but seriously, you better hope it is.

The awkward and stilted show with those two British guys (one with a terrible haircut) on a couch answering questions and being unfunny?

Gone.

It's all gone...At least for people in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. I'm not sure what kind of content that's produced in Mexico/Japan, but whatever is, it won't be under the thriving Inside Xbox brand anymore. (I BET THAT STUFF IS SHIT GREAT) Seems like the UK stuff will also go away soon.

We will be leveraging third-party news and video content available through a variety of existing and future partners, and supplementing this content with select first-party offerings.

There is an IGN app on the marketplace, so I guess further integration and more apps like that are coming?

Is a GB app now possible? How awesome would that be?

I feel like I'm missing something here or that I'm being stupid, but I'm going to turn this into a thread anyway and then eat left over pizza.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit, nobody actually cares

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Deranged

Wait why? Larry Hyrb is the fucking man! I can't believe they're getting rid of him and all the other people who worked at Inside Xbox. I would like to know why they fucking cancelled it.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

Where the hell did they stuff that shit after they updated the xbox dash board anyway. I liked that one young girl form Tech Tv. not the one with white hair, but the other one.

TheRealJpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By TheRealJpoe

Before I went to websites for gaming news Inside Xbox was a must watch for me. Even though I'd never watch it again, it's still sorta (kinda) sad to see it go.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By EXTomar

Who and what is this? I don't get my news from these sources in years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is this? oh yeah I don't care.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sooty

Why do people constantly say "IT'S A THING" all the fucking time now? I feel like I'm on crazy pills.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

We're all budding Alex Navarros.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShaneDev

I never saw any of the US stuff but I thought the UK stuff was funny when it first started mainly because of how cheap it was and because they knew it was cheap. When they started getting more complicated and elaborate with the terrible jokes it became genuinely awful. All the info provided was stuff you could get from 2 minutes of looking online anyway. Also didn't help that they hide it all behind a little icon on the new dashboard.

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ashleychittock

Wait, SentUAMessage has been cancelled? I don't have to see those two gurning hipsters on my dash any more? Maybe I should pay more attention to religion.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By I_smell

Nnnnnoooooo I watched the UK Inside Xbox stuff all the time! It was a no-budget mess, and I love how far they ran with "tell people about xbox".

Everyone has shitty youtube updates now with some awful sexy reporter, or like super-polite super smiley americans all fake-excited about EA or whatever- but the Inside Xbox guys were just two grimey dopes! When they started a few years ago I remember they had zero camera pressence and were just shy editors who liked videogames. But they were and still are completely legit guys.

By now, some parts are totally funny, and the parts that aren't are completely awful cheap green screen abuse, WHICH I AM ALL FOR!!!!! These shows could easily be just bullet-point Microsoft newsletters or fake, polished, forced Gamespot crap, but the Inside Xbox guys owned it, gave it a life, and made Microsoft feel like a bunch of real people.

If they got hate-mail they'd joke about it, when the Kinect came out they joked about it, when that Sony hack thing happened they joked about that, in a totally none-snarky none-hateful way. ON the Xbox dashboard. I hope those guys can find something similar where they can do the best of what they've bin slowly getting better at on the Xbox.

They reminded me of GamesRadar; where nobody was watching, so it gave them the freedom to just completely fuck about and make a huge self-made production out of ANSWERING E-MAILS to make their own jobs more fun for them and the people watching. When the new dashboard hit a couple months ago I thought it was a real shame that all the effort they were puttin in got hidden behind ads.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Hosstile17

Man, I miss the Kinect Show girl. She was a pretty lady.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deathstriker666

@Zacagawea said:

you probably don't care

Accurate

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShaggE

@Sooty said:

Why do people constantly say "IT'S A THING" all the fucking time now? I feel like I'm on crazy pills.

It's a thing now to say "it's a thing" about things that are now a thing.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ramone

@Zacagawea said:

That Windows Phone apps show with the blonde dyke lady spotlighting shitty games?

Probably not a good idea to be making those sorts of comments around here right now, or ever, anywhere.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By august

@ShaggE said:

@Sooty said:

So that happened.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShaggE

@august said:

@ShaggE said:

@Sooty said:

So that happened.

That thing? Yeah, totally a thing.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By onan

@Dagbiker said:

Where the hell did they stuff that shit after they updated the xbox dash board anyway. I liked that one young girl form Tech Tv. not the one with white hair, but the other one.

Tina Wood? She got married, changed her name to Summerford, and also got old.

No Caption Provided

I liked Insider Moves.

I considered all of that stuff part of what I was paying my XBL fees for. It also populated the video section of the dash. Now it's all useless ads and attempts to trick you into launching the zune app.

Ugh, the 360 dashboard is complete dogshit now. They must have a team assigned to making it worse, none of what they've done could be unintentional.

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JoeyIA

@Zacagawea said:

Dyke... seriously... wow...

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShaggE

@onan said:

@Dagbiker said:

37 is old?

Amukasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Amukasa

I like the title you used. It says it all.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ketchupp

@ShaggE said:

@august said:

@ShaggE said:

@Sooty said:

So that happened.

That thing? Yeah, totally a thing.

Because of course it is.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By onan

@ShaggE said:

@onan said:

@Dagbiker said:

37 is old?

It's definitely not "young."

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BraveToaster

@JoeyIA said:

@BraveToaster: Well, I edited the post, but by using 'Quote' instead of 'Reply' you just re-posted them.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. That's why I deleted my post.

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JoeyIA

@BraveToaster: I made the mistake of letting something on the internet offend me. Fuckin' rookie mistake *shakes head*.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Looks like Larry better think about sprucing up the 'ol Resume.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OmegaPirate

Get rid of the entire xbox interface and then maybe i'll turn the damned thing on for something other than arcade games

That being said , getting rid of this atrocity is step one in the right direction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ramone said:

@Zacagawea said:

Probably not a good idea to be making those sorts of comments around here right now, or ever, anywhere.

Post date is important. I also did not judge her in anyway and dyke doesn't mean what it used to anymore.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By laserbolts

Larry Hyrb is a tool so I can't say this bothers me.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ramone

@Zacagawea said:

@Ramone said:

@Zacagawea said:

Post date is important. I also did not judge her in anyway and dyke doesn't mean what it used to anymore.

A couple of points here

1) It's never alright to make those sorts of comments about someone you know nothing about

2) Search the word 'Dyke' and tell me what the first result is

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By I_smell

@OmegaPirate said:

Get rid of the entire xbox interface and then maybe i'll turn the damned thing on for something other than arcade games

That being said , getting rid of this atrocity is step one in the right direction

Yeah, replacing videos of people infront of cameras with more thumbnails for Zune Marketplace music videos is a step in the right direction.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CptBedlam

Giantbomb app, please. That's all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ramone:

1.) I don't care about peoples feelings

2.) Exactly what I stated earlier

I really don't care to have this conversation. Mods can remove that part if they want, that's cool. They could also leave it alone, that's cool too.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Sooty said:

I think Alex said it one time on some video or something? I think the community is just starved for memes.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cmblasko

@Sooty: I don't know, it must be a E3 mystery.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.